MontereyJack

Wed 12 Mar, 2014 12:05 am
and another look at the outrageous lying Koch brothers' spot with the supposed "victim" of Obamacare, Julie Boomstra, who proves instead of being a victim to to be completely gullible and taken in by Obama's lying opponents.

I guess you were taken in too, coldjoint.

Thanks to bobsal, who found this and posted it on another topic here:

Quote:
UPDATED-Koch bros' fake "Obamacare victim" Julie Boonstra made to look even more foolish & exploited
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/03/11/1283774/-Koch-brothers-fake-Obamacare-victim-Julie-Boonstra-made-to-look-even-more-foolish-and-exploited?detail=facebook

"It can’t be true…I personally do not believe that."

Cross-posted from Eclectablog.

My home town of Dexter has been in the national news a bit lately. It started when Congressman Tim "the Original Tea Partier" Walberg invited a resident of our Stars Hollow-like village, Julie Boonstra, to be his guest at President Obama's State of the Union address as a "victim of Obamacare".

From there, she was featured in an anti-Gary Peters ad by the Koch brothers' front group Americans for Prosperity, an ad that has gotten more attention after being completely debunked than it would have gotten otherwise.

AFP doubled down, running another ad where Boonstra tearfully cries about being "silenced" by Gary Peters who questioned her veracity. Julie Boonstra may be the loudest "silenced" person this country has ever known.

Now Boonstra is making the news again after an excellent bit of journalism by Detroit News reporter Marisa Schultz tears her already debunked story to shreds:

Boonstra said Monday her new plan she dislikes is the Blue Cross Premier Gold health care plan, which caps patient responsibility for out-of-pocket costs at $5,100 a year, lower than the federal law’s maximum of $6,350 a year. It means the new plan will save her at least $1,200 compared with her former insurance plan she preferred that was ended under Obamacare’s coverage requirements.

A Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan spokesman said the insurer welcomes a chance to help members understand their benefits and alleviate concerns.

“We are here to help people like Ms. Boonstra to work their way through adjusting to the health plans we are now offering them,” the Blue’s Andy Hetzel said. “If there are questions ... they should call.”

Boonstra’s old plan cost $1,100 a month in premiums or $13,200 a year, she previously told The News. It didn’t include money she spent on co-pays, prescription drugs and other out-of-pocket expenses.

By contrast, the Blues’ plan premium costs $571 a month or $6,852 for the year. Since out-of-pocket costs are capped at $5,100, including deductibles, the maximum Boonstra would pay this year for all of her cancer treatment is $11,952.

When advised of the details of her Blues’ plan, Boonstra said the idea that it would be cheaper “can’t be true.”

“I personally do not believe that,” Boonstra said.
1 Reply
Previous • Post: # 5,605,023 • Next coldjoint
coldjoint

Wed 12 Mar, 2014 12:18 am
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
Obama's lying opponents.

Obama is not a liar? A yes or no will do.
MontereyJack

Wed 12 Mar, 2014 12:21 am
Have you stopped beating your wife and relatives yet, coldjoint? A simple yes or no will suffice.
panzade

Wed 12 Mar, 2014 08:41 am
https://scontent-a-mia.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/t1/1898026_661503300576383_1362218461_n.jpg
JTT

Wed 12 Mar, 2014 09:00 am
@panzade,
What a thoroughly fucked "political system"!
0 Replies

JTT

Wed 12 Mar, 2014 09:03 am
@coldjoint,
Has anything you've stated had the slightest bit of truth to it, cj?

You're 59, coming 60! When are you gonna start telling the truth?
coldjoint

Wed 12 Mar, 2014 10:05 am
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
Have you stopped beating your wife and relatives yet, coldjoint? A simple yes or no will suffice.

A way of avoiding the only answer there is. A resounding yes. Obama is a liar.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Wed 12 Mar, 2014 10:09 am
@JTT,
Quote:
Has anything you've stated had the slightest bit of truth to it,

I just said Obama is a liar. That is most certainly true.

Frank Apisa

Wed 12 Mar, 2014 11:41 am
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:

Quote:
Has anything you've stated had the slightest bit of truth to it,

I just said Obama is a liar. That is most certainly true.

Give us a list of all the Republican politicians who are not liars.
coldjoint

Wed 12 Mar, 2014 11:42 am
Quote:
VIDEO: Obama Blames Texas For Obamacare’s Unaffordable Health Care Costs

http://thefederalist.com/2014/03/12/obama-blames-texas-for-obamacares-unaffordable-health-care-costs/
Quote:
“Is the Affordable Care Act really affordable?” the moderator then asked Obama. Obama couldn’t settle on a single answer to the question, so he instead suggested that the man should just sign up for Medicaid, blamed Texas for affordable insurance not being available, and concluded by saying the man should cancel his telephone service if he can’t afford to pay for any of Obamacare’s health insurance options.

So much for those Obama cell phoneshttp://www.acidpulse.net/images/smilies/rofl1.gif
0 Replies

coldjoint

Wed 12 Mar, 2014 11:49 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:

Find it yourself, God knows you need the practice.
coldjoint

Wed 12 Mar, 2014 11:49 am
http://watchdog.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/1/files/2014/03/mindmeld3.10-300x224.jpg
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Wed 12 Mar, 2014 11:59 am
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:

Quote:

Didn't think you could come up with even one name.

I'd even change the challenge to: Give us a list of all the politicians of any stripe or party...who are not liars.

Your charge against Barack Obama makes about as much sense as your usual posts...which is to say...it makes damn near no sense at all.
Moment-in-Time

Wed 12 Mar, 2014 12:57 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
coldjoint wrote:

Quote:

Quote:
coldjoint asked:

Quote:
Frank Apisa responded:

I'd even change the challenge to: Give us a list of all the politicians of any stripe or party...who are not liars.

Your charge against Barack Obama makes about as much sense as your usual posts...which is to say...it makes damn near no sense at all.

The poster, coldjoint, appear to be living in a separate universe; I'm mildly surprised at your expecting a reasonable answer to come forth from this particularly distinct individual.
Frank Apisa

Wed 12 Mar, 2014 01:02 pm
@Moment-in-Time,
Moment-in-Time wrote:

Quote:
coldjoint wrote:

Quote:

Quote:
coldjoint asked:

Quote:
Frank Apisa responded:

The poster, coldjoint, appear to be living in a separate universe; I'm mildly surprised at your expecting a reasonable answer to come forth from this particularly distinct individual.

Actually, MiT...I don't.

I'm just toying with him.

I probably shouldn't. He sounds like he is just a boy.

But he is so obnoxious, it truly is fun.

Moment-in-Time

Wed 12 Mar, 2014 01:06 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:

Actually, MiT...I don't.

I'm just toying with him.

I probably shouldn't. He sounds like he is just a boy.

But he is so obnoxious, it truly is fun.

Hey, Frank Apisa, I hear you.....loud and clear!
0 Replies

coldjoint

Wed 12 Mar, 2014 01:30 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
Your charge against Barack Obama makes about as much sense as your usual posts.

It makes perfect sense. He is a ******* liar.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Wed 12 Mar, 2014 01:33 pm
@Moment-in-Time,
Quote:
The poster, coldjoint, appear to be living in a separate universe;

I don't dwell in the Obamasphere were lies are truth and numbers are rearranged to suit your needs. Sorry.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Wed 12 Mar, 2014 07:04 pm
Quote:
Dumbest Woman in Congress Says Constitution is 400 Years Old

Quote:
Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee (D., Texas) declared the U.S. Constitution to be 400 years old Wednesday on the House floor, which would mean it was signed in 1614.

Talk about hacks. Democrats should be extremely proud of this one.
If I recall she also said Congress had to help Obama compose executive orders. A real winner.
JTT

Wed 12 Mar, 2014 07:32 pm
@coldjoint,
She likely just means that it seems like 400 years to all those the USA has brutally oppressed over the centuries. You gotta remember, cj, that it was a racist document. That oughta make you fair to bursting with pride.