coldjoint

Thu 6 Mar, 2014 10:07 pm
@Advocate,
Quote:
Morons like you.

I don't think so. I am against giving money away. You would think the Democrats would help these people not just exploit them for votes. They don't give a good **** about them.
JTT

Fri 7 Mar, 2014 06:53 am
@coldjoint,
Cj: I don't think so. I am against giving money away.
///////

Except to car companies and Wall Street brokers.
0 Replies

parados

Fri 7 Mar, 2014 08:05 am
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:

There you go putting words in my mouth. I never said I was willing to accept fraud.

So then you are for tightening gun purchasing rules to prevent fraud? Or are you willing to accept the fraud that currently happens?
Baldimo

Fri 7 Mar, 2014 09:40 am
@parados,
I have already stated that they should tighten background checks in regards to criminal history, citizenship and mental health issues. These can all be addressed by background checks and by not expanding regulations on already available firearms. Most of the laws that have been passed in the last 2 years are pointless and do nothing to address the issue of gun violence.

Now are you willing to allow the level of fraud that takes place in relation to voter registration and voter laws?
parados

Fri 7 Mar, 2014 09:53 am
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:

Now are you willing to allow the level of fraud that takes place in relation to voter registration and voter laws?

Since the fraud is less than .0004%, I see no reason to restrict voting.
Baldimo

Fri 7 Mar, 2014 10:20 am
@parados,
No one is restricting voting anymore then you are restricting guns. Requiring an ID is not restricting voting. Make ID's easier to get, which the Dems haven't tried because it is easier to yell racism, and you resolve the issue. MOST states have free ID's for those who can't afford them. It isn't a drivers license, it is a state issued ID.
izzythepush

Fri 7 Mar, 2014 10:47 am
@parados,
parados wrote:
Since the fraud is less than .0004%, I see no reason to restrict voting.

Which is the point. Voter fraud is not a problem in America, so any action that purports to fix a non-existent problem has an ulterior motive. There was a report on Radio 4 a while back where elderly African American voters were being interviewed, they were under no illusions that this was an attack on their democratic rights. This is something that claims to stop fraud, but does the opposite, it disenfranchises people, in order to swing elections. It's highly undemocratic.

Why not spend the money on fixing a real problem, like America's crumbling infrastructure?
coldjoint

Fri 7 Mar, 2014 11:10 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
Why not spend the money on fixing a real problem, like America's crumbling infrastructure?

Why not deport the Muslims you coddle?
0 Replies

coldjoint

Fri 7 Mar, 2014 12:29 pm
http://www.theobjectivestandard.com/blog/_files/Political-Spectrum-Essentialized6-1024x441.jpg
0 Replies

coldjoint

Fri 7 Mar, 2014 12:46 pm
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-tV185guN4tc/UxlFr9eqJrI/AAAAAAAAme0/IBDCdShecOI/s1600/1A4EAsDoCEAADevG.jpg
0 Replies

parados

Fri 7 Mar, 2014 01:26 pm
@Baldimo,
The state can't issue an ID without evidence that the person is a citizen if they want to use it to vote. That requires a birth certificate which requires money again. Then states put restrictions on who can get birth certificates to prevent fraud again which might require an in person visit.

It's free, it will only cost you money, time and travel.
Baldimo

Fri 7 Mar, 2014 01:37 pm
@parados,
It's so nice you want to keep people 2nd class citizens. I mean how do they cope with the real world and not have an ID. To sign up for the ACA, you have to have an ID. Did you also know that the NAACP held a rally not long ago to protest voter ID laws. Did you know that they required people to have a valid ID to participate in the rally? Funny how that works.

If you wanna help solve the problem with US citizens without any form of ID, which would prevent them from doing simple things like cashing checks, or signing up for the ACA, then be my guest.

coldjoint

Fri 7 Mar, 2014 01:47 pm
@Baldimo,
Quote:
It's so nice you want to keep people 2nd class citizens.

Yes the Democrats want exactly that. And intend to keep them that way.
0 Replies

parados

Fri 7 Mar, 2014 01:54 pm
@Baldimo,
Quote:
It's so nice you want to keep people 2nd class citizens. I mean how do they cope with the real world and not have an ID.

People do it all the time. The ACA accepts IDs that would not be accepted in several states for voting such as student IDs. The ACA also will accept a utility bill or signed lease as proof of residency at an address if the address is different from an ID.

And no, the NAACP didn't require an ID to participate. It was a list of things to do but not a requirement. No IDs were checked.
coldjoint

Fri 7 Mar, 2014 01:59 pm
@parados,
Quote:
No IDs were checked.

Really? Even the people with the white hoods on? Were you there? More bullshit.

The shill knows allhttp://www.acidpulse.net/images/smilies/batboy.jpg
coldjoint

Fri 7 Mar, 2014 02:24 pm
Quote:
2014 marks the 50th anniversary of the War on Poverty, and many claim that President Johnson’s program has lifted millions out of poverty. But if we really want to help the poor, research suggests that economic freedom does more than government aid.

Economic Freedom Within the United States

In “A Dynamic Analysis of Economic Freedom and Income Inequality in the 50 States: Empirical Evidence of a Parabolic Relationship,” Daniel L. Bennett and Richard K. Vedder argue that, past a certain point, economic freedom decreases inequality. Increasing economic freedom benefits the poor and middle class more than it helps the wealthy.

http://www.fee.org/the_freeman/detail/free-the-poor
That is what is called a failure. It is also the Democrats solution. It hasn't and will not work. This study confirms that. All talk no results.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Fri 7 Mar, 2014 02:27 pm
@parados,
How can they accept student ID's and utility bills? Those types of ID's and bills do nothing to prove someone is a US citizen. How is that preventing someone who is illegal immigrant from getting insurance on the ACA? Sounds like the govt is asking for fraud to take place.
parados

Fri 7 Mar, 2014 02:31 pm
@Baldimo,
They accept birth certificates as proof of citizenship.
Baldimo

Fri 7 Mar, 2014 02:36 pm
@parados,
So they have access to birth certificates to get insurance, but they can't use those to get an ID to vote?
Advocate

Fri 7 Mar, 2014 02:36 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:

How can they accept student ID's and utility bills? Those types of ID's and bills do nothing to prove someone is a US citizen. How is that preventing someone who is illegal immigrant from getting insurance on the ACA? Sounds like the govt is asking for fraud to take place.

This is just another boat load of Rep lies. In most rural areas, the poll workers know the poor and elderly blacks who are most affected by the photo-ID BS.

I might mention that most of the courts have agreed that this is just a Rep sleazy operation to keep poor and elderly Dems from voting.

Interestingly, the rage engendered by the photo-ED ploys have caused more Dems to vote, and vote against the Reps.