MontereyJack

Wed 26 Feb, 2014 11:23 pm
coldjoint says:
Quote:
@MontereyJack,

Quote:
Where the President goes, the Secret Service goes. Seagal tries something, he's toast.

And where you go, your sense of humor goes somewhere else.

You really thought your rejoinder was humorous? Don't quit your day job, assuming anyone has ever actually hired you
coldjoint

Wed 26 Feb, 2014 11:29 pm
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
You really thought your rejoinder was humorous?

Yes I did. Did you talk to God about Obama saying you are doing Gods work by supporting him? Now that is hilarious.
http://www.acidpulse.net/images/smilies/rofl1.gif
http://americanglob.com/2014/02/25/not-a-cult-obama-tells-supporters-they-are-doing-gods-work/
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Wed 26 Feb, 2014 11:43 pm
I remember George W. Bush telling us that god had called on him to be president. And two or three Republicans running as candidates in the 2012 presidential primaries saying the same thing. Aparently god had a hard time making up his mind. Ore the candidates were deluded. My bet's on the latter.
wmwcjr

Thu 27 Feb, 2014 07:19 am
@MontereyJack,
As a Christian, I'm sick and tired of politicians (or their spouses) claiming that God has called upon them to run for office. They're either deluded or, more likely, lying.
JTT

Thu 27 Feb, 2014 08:17 am
@wmwcjr,
A celebration of the movements of life.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Thu 27 Feb, 2014 11:11 am
@MontereyJack,
Quote:
I remember George W. Bush telling us that god had called on him to be president.

So what? George Bush did not support abortion. George Bush is not Obama. And appealing to peoples faith is the height of hypocrisy when gay marriage is one of his policies. There is not one of the big three religions that does not condemn homosexuality. Obama cannot change scripture and his supporters are the most gullible idiots in the land if they think he can.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Thu 27 Feb, 2014 11:16 am
@wmwcjr,
Quote:
As a Christian, I'm sick and tired of politicians

Obama is a politician. First and foremost. He is a hack politician and will lie, as he has done, whenever it suits him. His arrogance in invoking God should be no surprise. And the fact that people have calked him on it has his supporters in a tailspin.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Thu 27 Feb, 2014 11:29 am
Quote:
Lois Lerner is coming back to Capitol Hill to testify about the IRS scandal but her lawyer says the only way she’ll comply is if a court compels her or if she’s given immunity. But Gowdy says the immunity request is absurd because they don’t even know what she’s done. He says there is no way they are giving her immunity, period!

I never did get an answer. What would she need immunity for if this scandal is not a scandal? And why has the DOJ not interviewed one of the people who claim IRS harassment and intimidation?

Quote:
Nine months after Holder announced he was opening an investigation, neither the FBI nor the Justice Department has interviewed the victims.

Someone can answer that question too.

http://therightscoop.com/trey-gowdy-no-way-were-giving-lois-lerner-immunity-period/

http://pjmedia.com/blog/justice-department-accused-of-stymying-irs-investigation/
0 Replies

panzade

Thu 27 Feb, 2014 11:30 am
" We'll make it difficult for you to get birth control...
Oh, and you can't have an abortion.
But if you have a baby you can't afford, don't expect any help from us, you slut."
XOXO
The GOP
Baldimo

Thu 27 Feb, 2014 11:42 am
@panzade,
Making people pay for their own birth control is making it difficult? A box of condoms runs about $10. The Pill can be found between $20 - $50 a month. What's the problem? If you want to have sex buy your own supplies, don't expect the taxpayers to foot the bill for your sex life! If you can't afford birth control, then maybe you shouldn't have sex. That is what masturbation is for!

I guess personal responsibility is low on the list for those on the left. No one should have responsibility for their own actions, when everyone else can pay the price for you.
izzythepush

Thu 27 Feb, 2014 11:45 am
@Baldimo,
That's the way to stop teenage pregnancies all right. I can't believe you're having this conversation. It's really very backward. What year is it over there, 1890?
coldjoint

Thu 27 Feb, 2014 11:45 am
@panzade,
How about an answer? Or are you content with defending someone who would illegally stifle free speech just because it is an alternative. You guys are fine with alternative lifestyles.

If you are fine with others forcing their opinions through techniques like this you have missed what this country should be about.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Thu 27 Feb, 2014 11:49 am
@izzythepush,
What's backward? Making people responsibility for their own actions? Yeah that really is backward. Drunk
izzythepush

Thu 27 Feb, 2014 11:54 am
@Baldimo,
Putting limits on birth control is backward. Over here we give out free condoms at school, for sexual health if nothing else. You're never going to stop teenagers shagging, that's a fact. If you sobered up you might realise that.

I can't believe you actually thought JTT used to be in the CIA.
panzade

Thu 27 Feb, 2014 11:58 am
@Baldimo,
Quote:
A box of condoms runs about $10.

They oughta last you about a year. Very Happy

I apologize,Baldimo. I just couldn't help it

But seriously. I think it's hard for you to appreciate how difficult it is for a single woman with kids and two minimum wage jobs to afford birth control.
A lot of times food wins out over the pill.

Castigating the poor for not taking personal responsibility is unrealistic.
Real life doesn't work that way and we have to deal with reality.

But here's the kicker. Taxpayers are already footing the bill. You are footing the bill. For all the children that have to be supported...for all the people that go to an emergency room for a primary care physician...for all the McDonalds and Wal-Mart employees that work for minimum wage and must get food stamps and more from the government.
You and I are footing the bill.
izzythepush

Thu 27 Feb, 2014 12:01 pm
@panzade,
I'm just amazed that women have to pay for the pill. That's ******* ridiculous.
panzade

Thu 27 Feb, 2014 12:12 pm
@izzythepush,
It's not hard to understand
The Puritan ethic that believes birth control leads to promiscuity is to blame
0 Replies

Baldimo

Thu 27 Feb, 2014 12:16 pm
@panzade,
Condoms would last me a lifetime, I got a vasectomy back in 2006. I'm shooting blanks. You know why I got a vasectomy? Because it was the responsible thing to do. My ex-wife and I were no longer interested in having kids, so we took the proper steps. We didn't leave it to the govt to take care of us.

Why do you have such a personal aversion of personal responsibility?
Baldimo

Thu 27 Feb, 2014 12:18 pm
@izzythepush,
Did I say women? My comment was of a general nature and referenced condoms (which men would be buying) and the pill (which women would be buying).
0 Replies

panzade

Thu 27 Feb, 2014 12:28 pm
@Baldimo,
Quote:
Why do you have such a personal aversion (of )personal responsibility?

Show me where I said that.

Actually, I agreed that personal responsibility is important just like it is for you.
What I also said is we have to be realistic. There are many who don't share this ability and by punishing them, we're just punishing ourselves.
0 Replies