Is the Cabinet War Rooms in the White House?

izzythepush

Reply Sun 15 May, 2011 07:03 am
@Setanta,
Well done Setanta, you're learning something. Now you know it's the English language. Give yourself a pat on the back you clever chap you. If you carry on like this I might award you a gold star. Congratulations!
Setanta

Reply Sun 15 May, 2011 07:04 am
@TheSubliminalKid,
Just as you were in the other post, you're wrong about the English usage. Your English usage sucks, and if you had an ounce of sense, you'd realize it. I don't look for that to happen, though.
Setanta

Reply Sun 15 May, 2011 07:05 am
@izzythepush,
Bite me, you silly little Saxon ass wipe. Although, i am gratified to see how easy it is to yank your chain. Clown.
TheSubliminalKid

Reply Sun 15 May, 2011 07:06 am
@Setanta,
Whatever helps you sleep at night.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 15 May, 2011 07:09 am
I assure you that you inept and quixotic use of this langauge has no bearing whatsoever on my sleep.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 15 May, 2011 07:11 am
@Setanta,
There's no need for any of that sex talk. I think you need to take a cold shower.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 15 May, 2011 07:13 am
I am bemused to see you employ the verb "to think"--i've never seen any evidence that you're entitled to do so.
TheSubliminalKid

Reply Sun 15 May, 2011 07:14 am
@Setanta,
That's a big word for you, when did you learn that?
izzythepush

Reply Sun 15 May, 2011 07:15 am
@Setanta,
Well you wouldn't would you? You're too busy staring up your own arse.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 15 May, 2011 07:17 am
You really have a pathetic fixation with sex and bodily orifices and functions. I suggest professional counselling--not that i personally give a rat's ass.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 15 May, 2011 07:35 am
@Setanta,
I don't want counselling, I like being like this. It's clear all your problems stem from the fact that you've never approached, let alone reached the Billy Mill roundabout. Maybe you should try some syrup of figs, that should shift any unseemly blockages. And to think I was going to give you a gold star. Now I'll have to ask you to move to the back of the class, and ask the kid to move to the front. You must try harder, you naughty chap.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sun 15 May, 2011 08:52 am
@Setanta,
Set #1: You've got a gall to criticize anyone else's use of the English language.

Set #2: Just as you were in the other post, you're wrong about the English usage. Your English usage sucks, and if you had an ounce of sense, you'd realize it. ... .

Set #3: I assure you that your inept and quixotic use of this langauge [sic] has no bearing whatsoever on my sleep.

Really, Set? This is the same thing that your generous, kind nature got you into in the Pet Peeves thread. You worked yourself into such a tizzy there. What's that saying about those who don't pay attention to history are bound to repeat it, and you the "historian" no less.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 15 May, 2011 09:10 am
@JTT,
You're quite right there. I don't know what I've done to upset Malvolio. I've used extremely complimentary language to describe his meticulous research methods, and razor sharp wit. I congratulated him when he learnt something about language. I even offered him a gold star, yet he treats me like this. I think it must be because I spurned his sexual advances.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sun 15 May, 2011 09:17 am
@TheSubliminalKid,
Just to let you know that I can pick up on references, unlike some naughty scamp it's best not to mention. Did you enjoy your holiday in the window?
TheSubliminalKid

Reply Sun 15 May, 2011 09:18 am
@izzythepush,
For £11.50 it was a bargain.
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Sun 15 May, 2011 09:32 am
Setanta wrote:
If it was a Churchill Centre, it certainly wasn't in the United States. Americans know how correctly to spell that word.

If you had gone to the trouble of checking, you would have seen that the Churchill Centre of Washington DC spells its name thus, and this choice is respected by some quite august institutions:

Quote:
Public Programs
Symposia

In cooperation with The Churchill Centre, Washington, D.C., the Library of Congress will present two symposia.:

February 19, 2004 - Churchill and the Three Presidents (Presidents Franklin D. Roosevelt, Harry S. Truman, and Dwight D. Eisenhower) - view program for full-day symposium

June 1, 2004 - a half-day symposium will explore new scholarship on Sir Winston Churchill.

Whether it is because it is a branch of the British institution of the same name, or simply to "fly the flag", it definitely uses the -re spelling.

Still, why bother checking when you can spout nonsense and consolidate your reputation for being a gobshite?
izzythepush

Reply Sun 15 May, 2011 09:35 am
@contrex,
Setanta a gobshite? Shurly shume mistake.
contrex

Reply Sun 15 May, 2011 09:38 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Setanta a gobshite? Shurly shume mistake.

He's got a mouth like a duck's arse, as we used to say when I was a boy.

izzythepush

Reply Sun 15 May, 2011 09:41 am
@contrex,
Now don't say that he'll start getting randy again.
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Sun 15 May, 2011 12:10 pm

"The Cabinet War Rooms" are a well-known part of the tourist trail in London, England.

The war referred to is exclusively WWII.

That is, the war that began in 1939, not 1941.

Smile Smile Smile