Where do they think they are going?

Linkat

Reply Thu 12 May, 2011 02:27 pm
@chai2,
I did - I promoted myself. And added in a secret title.
chai2

Reply Thu 12 May, 2011 02:32 pm
@Linkat,
When is your merit increase due again?
Linkat

Reply Thu 12 May, 2011 02:48 pm
@chai2,
Mid-year which is just around the corner/
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Thu 12 May, 2011 02:51 pm
@chai2,
ok, now I feel like telling my story.

I know someone whose son is getting married shortly. The son makes good money, so do the parents. Not rich, but doing fine. The futre DIL is the only child of a self made multi millionaire. One thing this person has told me is how her parents are really down to earth, since they didn't start out rich, etc.

Of course though since the daughter is the only child, and she wants it, they're having this huge wedding. The wedding gown itself cost over $6500.00. You get the idea.
As the parents of the groom, they were going to pay for the honeymoon, and they budgeted $10K for their trip to Greece.

For the airfare, the parents cashed in all their miles, plus had to buy some miles for the 2 round trip tickets. The $10,000 goes for what goes on in Greece, and it's all accounted for.

A couple of days ago, my friend gets an email from the son saying the bride had assumed the tickets were going to be first class, and just found out there weren't.
My friend looked online and saw that the price of 1st class, round trip was (I hope you're sitting down) $14,000!!!!

She actually had to tell the son (as if he hadn't figured this out) that there was no way she could afford this, that it was 40% more for what she had budgeted for the entire trip.

I mean, why does she even have to be saying this?
I said to her "if you were fying me to Greece for free, I'd sit on the wing."

Well, I got this "Well Chai, you don't understand, flying 1st class is really nice. I've been bumped to first class when flying for business, and it's really great. Plus the flight is 9 hours"

I responded with Neutral "Well, you know, I was bumped to first class once too. It was nice, but it wasn't something that stuck in my memory as an event. It was ok, that's all. They're both in their 20's, they can get up and walk around if they're legs fall asleep"

Well, the latest is she could upgrade a leg of the trip, it's going to cost an extra $3800, and she's going to split it with the son. So basically she's out a couple of thousand bucks.

That's total bullshit.

I can't believe this chick expected someone to shell out 14 grand for a plane ticket.

They'll be divorced in 5 years.

Linkat

Reply Thu 12 May, 2011 03:02 pm
@chai2,
I knew you couldn't keep your mouth shut - nice quality to have by the way -

My comment - since we budgeted $10k for the trip - one of you can go first class and the other can go coach. That will then leave you two $3k to use for your stay and food and entertainment for your honeymoon. Want me to make reservations at the Motel 6 for your stay?
0 Replies