Fishermen committing suicide after year of Obunga regs

Reply Tue 10 May, 2011 08:15 pm
http://gatewaypundit.rightnetwork.com/2011/05/fishermen-say-new-obama-regulations-killing-industry-suicide-divorce-up/

Quote:

...…“One of the fishermen from Rye had said that there had been three suicide attempts and a half dozen divorces during this first year of catch-shares,” said Bob Campbell of the Yankee Fisherman’s Cooperative. “Commercial fishermen are usually pretty tight-lipped, and for something this serious to come out, I mean, you know that the whole situation is grave.”

Campbell said the cooperative has lost about $750,000 in business since the new regulations went into effect....

JTT

Reply Tue 10 May, 2011 10:12 pm
@gungasnake,
Now that's just like you, gsnake, to give the whole picture. You're as honest as a second is long.
0 Replies

PhoebeKate

Reply Wed 11 May, 2011 02:33 am
@gungasnake,
did they leave any suicide note blaming obama? Confused
izzythepush

Reply Wed 11 May, 2011 03:01 am
We've had this sort of thing going on for years. The EU fish quotas. Unfortunately, people overfish. If we don't have restrictions on fishing we run out of fish. Do you think it's better to empty the Oceans now and blow tomorrow, or should our grandchildren be allowed to have fish?
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 11 May, 2011 04:03 am
@gungasnake,
AS the cod fish stocks have tanked and several other species in mortal decline, you want that the catch allowances be increased?
This has been talked about since Clinton and noone has had the guts to implement it till now. This will also effect sport fishing as well.

Im interested in the rest of Obama's reg changes. They understood that many fishermen would be unemployed so the admin has recommended assistance or retraining. I( wonder how the GOP will see that?
Snorky can post right wing articles but how convenient he ignores the entire story.

As EU has shown, the declines of fish stocks can only be reversed by controlling catches for a few decades.
Overfishing by unregulated rules has led to the disappearances of cod and haddock etc. Lets see whether this can be reversed and, as Izzie says, how bout unselfishly providing some fish for our kids?

izzythepush

Reply Wed 11 May, 2011 04:08 am
@farmerman,
You're starting to make me feel a bit of a wimp. Don't you ever need to sleep?
roger

Reply Wed 11 May, 2011 04:15 am
@izzythepush,
He is an (shudder) early riser.
farmerman

Reply Wed 11 May, 2011 04:20 am
@izzythepush,
Cmon , It 6:15 Ive been up for an hour feeding chickens and sheep and Ive already tractored over to an adjoining pasture to check on the cows. Im sitting here with some coffee listening to the news on the radio.
farmerman

Reply Wed 11 May, 2011 04:21 am
@roger,
lessee Rog, isnt it 4:15 where you are? and you dont have a farm?
0 Replies

roger

Reply Wed 11 May, 2011 04:36 am
@farmerman,
Well yeah. 6:00 a.m. is half way between midnight and noon. Already middle of the morning and you're sitting around drinking coffee?
H2O MAN

Reply Wed 11 May, 2011 05:23 am
@farmerman,
Formerman, are you taking care of Obama's chickens before they come home to roost?
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 11 May, 2011 05:29 am
@roger,
The DAys been half over for me and I still have 2 fields to cut and teddy.
Im sorry, let me explain

Grass' - a narrow leafed angiosperm that grows in areas recieving suitable rain. Grass is often used as feed for livestock.
(I d send you a picture but my google doesnt come on till 8:30 AM
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Wed 11 May, 2011 07:26 am
@farmerman,
Quote:
They understood that many fishermen would be unemployed so the admin has recommended assistance or retraining.

It isn't just fisherman; they say upwards of 40% of Americans are now using food-stamps. The basic idea seems to be having a clear voting majority dependent on government services.
parados

Reply Wed 11 May, 2011 07:47 am
@gungasnake,
Quote:
It isn't just fisherman; they say upwards of 40% of Americans are now using food-stamps.

"They" also say that people built faces on Mars
and "they" say that evolution doesn't exist
and "they" also say that Osama wasn't a terrorist.

But "they" often don't know what they are talking about and you should stop listening to what "they" say gunga. You might want to start thinking for yourself instead of just regurgitating what "they" say.

In U.S., 14% Rely on Food Stamps
djjd62

Reply Wed 11 May, 2011 08:01 am
@parados,
better watch out, they say they have a secret facility in Iowa where they incarcerate people who don't follow what they say
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Wed 11 May, 2011 08:42 am
@parados,
What I get checking it out is about 14% or about 44 million people. That's still way the hell too many. That still opens the door for the situation in which somebody gets his food supply cut off for voting the wrong way, which is what demokkkrats want.
RABEL222

Reply Wed 11 May, 2011 09:24 am
@gungasnake,
Your right Gunga. Let the worthless sobs starve to death. We have too many serf in the world so weeding them out is a good idea. Do you get any government subsidies of any kind?
JTT

Reply Wed 11 May, 2011 09:44 am
@gungasnake,
Quote:
What I get checking it out is about 14% or about 44 million people. That's still way the hell too many.

Is this what you call an admission that you were wrong, that you posted nonsense to support your sleazy notions?

Quote:
That still opens the door for the situation in which somebody gets his food supply cut off for voting the wrong way, which is what demokkkrats want.

Yup, I've seen those folks at places where voting takes place. They've all got T-shirts that say Democrat Vote Checkers and they go into the voting booth with any food stamp recipient to make sure that they vote Democrat.

But I've never heard O'Lielly, Sean Banality or any other right wing nuts complain about it.

0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Wed 11 May, 2011 10:53 am
@gungasnake,
gungasnake wrote:

What I get checking it out is about 14% or about 44 million people. That's still way the hell too many. That still opens the door for the situation in which somebody gets his food supply cut off for voting the wrong way, which is what demokkkrats want.

So... you're basically admitting that Republicans would eliminate food stamps if they had the chance?

I suppose that's one way to reduce the number of people who use food stamps.
gungasnake

Reply Wed 11 May, 2011 10:54 am
@RABEL222,
Quote:
Your right Gunga. Let the worthless sobs starve to death.

Better yet, make fuel and food affordable by allowing energy initiatives and stopping the ethanol racket.