Describe Yourself

chai2

Reply Tue 3 May, 2011 11:20 am
@George,
George wrote:

This gets kinkier by the minute . . .

You think the parakeet was too much maybe?

George

Reply Tue 3 May, 2011 11:23 am
@chai2,
More the "pretend I'm Homer Simpson".
Disturbing visual.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Tue 3 May, 2011 11:26 am
actually I'm more of a simile.

they're easier.
Izzie

Reply Tue 3 May, 2011 11:46 am
@Roberta,
measured
Setanta

Reply Tue 3 May, 2011 11:54 am
@Izzie,
Ha ! ! !

Is that anything like being fitted for a new suit?
Izzie

Reply Tue 3 May, 2011 11:58 am
@Setanta,
'could be' ... said the weaver to the Emperor

"But he isn't wearing anything at all!"

Wink

((HIM))
0 Replies

wayne

Reply Tue 3 May, 2011 02:49 pm
@Roberta,
Unfinished is the most basic description, of myself I could come up with.
I agree, it's not very individual, but then, that's the beauty of it.
I really can't say what finished would mean, it could just mean, the end, or ......
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Tue 3 May, 2011 03:27 pm
Interested.
ossobuco

Reply Tue 3 May, 2011 03:40 pm
@Ceili,
I identify with Curious and Interested both, except that I am well capable of shutting off in utter boredom. So, they're not the core.

I'm avoiding various words as they just reflect present concerns... like Broke.
But just to venture into some of my mind, I'll say

Player.

player with ideas others have, player with some of my own ideas, player with words, player with visual design, constructing and deconstructing my own places of the mind, that become cities of the mind, networks of ideas and visuals; player with seeing what is in front of me walking down the street.

0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 3 May, 2011 04:21 pm
People have described me as aloof and intimidating. I have a hard time describing myself. But, if I think along the lines of what other people have said, I'd call myself pensive (I think a lot, to the point of over-thinking) and reserved.
Roberta

Reply Tue 3 May, 2011 05:05 pm
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:

Wally Tea wrote:

Many times I told Chai: Stop with the metaphors! Just tell me what you want!

I'm a dry riverbed in the desert, waiting for a deluge.

I am instant oatmeal, waiting for a spoonful of honey.

Come to me Wally, the night is long, and I'm a parakeet with a tea towel thrown over my cage.

I'd be happy to help translate, Wally, but now I'm confused. The first two metaphors I got. She wants you, kid. The third? You put a towel over a birdcage so the bird can sleep. I don't think she has sleep on her mind.

Why are people so damned complicated?

0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Tue 3 May, 2011 05:09 pm
@chai2,
You copping out on the metaphors, Chai? Similes are good. Similes are like metaphors only easier. True.

I'm not a marriage counselor. Never been married. But I'm daring to offer a word of advice here.

For Wally's sake (and your own), why not try the direct approach? Come to me, you hot seething mass of Homer Simpson, you. Let's shtupp.
Roberta

Reply Tue 3 May, 2011 05:12 pm
@Izzie,
Izzie, measured sounds very deliberate--and without extremes. You gotta be very thoughtful and self-aware to be measured. Lots of self-control. You're a challenge to yourself.
Izzie

Reply Tue 3 May, 2011 05:18 pm
@Roberta,
Roberta wrote:

Izzie, measured sounds very deliberate--and without extremes. You gotta be very thoughtful and self-aware to be measured. Lots of self-control. You're a challenge to yourself.

Better for me to be measured and with self control... than the alternative!

G'night (((Boida))) Goil x
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 3 May, 2011 05:20 pm
@Roberta,
<thunk>

^^

that was Wally fainting

he's nevah met a girl like Roboida
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Tue 3 May, 2011 05:23 pm
@littlek,
Wayne, Not looking for unique, looking for descriptive. Unfinished does have a beauty to it. You are still forming and developing. A work in progress.

Ceili, Interested has a broad scope. Interested in people? Things? Ideas? Anything. Everything. It suggests to me a certain warmth.

osso, Player. I can see it. And thanks for providing the explanation. On the surface, player might suggest someone not serious about things, but I don't think that applies.

littlek, I'm finding it harder to respond to people I've met because I formed my own impressions. I've been called intimidating. Who, me? Pensive is a good one. Thinking. Thoughful. Not quick to jump. Lots of brain activity going on.
ehBeth

Reply Tue 3 May, 2011 05:34 pm
@Roberta,
ok I'm stuck
can't think of the word I want

I see patterns. In things, in people, in math, in knitting, in music, in words, in games.

I'm a pattern-identifier. Have been since I was a kid. It was an advantage/disadvantage for IQ tests. Made large portions of the tests really easy - but I always felt like I was cheating since I was some kind of pattern-savant.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 3 May, 2011 05:35 pm
@Roberta,
JLNobody agrees with me on play, wish he'd post more often. Anyway, play varies and places or sites vary.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Tue 3 May, 2011 08:49 pm
@chai2,
ditto, but it's a few pages back and she was engaged in dialogue... chai, just throw a towel over your head and she might go back and engage with you.
0 Replies

wayne

Reply Tue 3 May, 2011 09:06 pm
@Roberta,
I guess I could say Inquisitive.
0 Replies