Boston Gathering? Molasses Flood at the BPL

quinn1

Reply Tue 6 Jan, 2004 11:48 am
We accept Jespah...shes a transplant Wink giggles!

And you know, after you've lived here for like 10 years...no one knows the difference, really unless you admit it...the secret is never admitting

Yes, do stop by
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Tue 6 Jan, 2004 11:57 am
quinn1 wrote:
And you know, after you've lived here for like 10 years...no one knows the difference, really unless you admit it...the secret is never admitting

Shocked now u tell me Sad

c'mon, its not like i admitted that i still root for NY teams... oops
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Tue 6 Jan, 2004 11:58 am
oh yes..that MUST change
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 6 Jan, 2004 12:09 pm
quinn1 wrote:

Montana...you never heard of it??? It is an odd story, and I too have seen clips in books and papers and such..think the whole exhibit thing is nice...plus..it makes me go into the BPL which...gasp...I have yet to have done. Arent you planning on a trip down this way sometime?

Quinn
I'm just as amazed as you are that I never heard of it. I just asked my mother if she had and she knew about it, although she didn't know the details. I will be going down there soon, but it looks like it won't be until the beginning of Feb. It's a shame because I would have loved to join you all. When I do go down, I'll be wrapped up in business while I'm there and won't have any fun time unfortunately :-(
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Tue 6 Jan, 2004 02:22 pm
quinn1 wrote:
oh yes..that MUST change

go pats! go sox! go celts! go broonz! Exclamation Exclamation
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Tue 6 Jan, 2004 02:32 pm
ah...the NE teams (better than getting beat up dontchaknow)
dont expect anything out of them however.

Montana....you wont have time? really? Thats sad!!! Not even for a quiet dinner with a few folks or ANYTHING!? Not just sad, wrong really. We'll raise a glass to you.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 6 Jan, 2004 02:37 pm
I truly wish I did Quinn. I'll just be there for a day to take care of stuff and it's back on the road heading north, but I will raise my glass to you all as well :-)
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Tue 6 Jan, 2004 04:17 pm
So.. a true road trip eh?

blah
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 6 Jan, 2004 05:41 pm
Dang, wish you could join us, Montana - you'd be in time to see Reg practice "go pats! go sox! go celts! go broonz!"
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 6 Jan, 2004 06:33 pm
SP - bring the pups! What fun!

Montana, how could possibly come all the way down here and not meet with us?

Philbis, "Broonz"! Funny.

And how about the weather tonight? I pulled into my lot after work, not a flake of snow to be seen, there'd been sunshine all day. NPR had just warned of Squalls of snow - charight. I walk the 15 yards to my front door, walk through my apartment to the back door to let the dog out and when I opened it there was a swirling whiteout happening and there was already accumulation. Never seen anything like it.
0 Replies

TerryDoolittle

Reply Tue 6 Jan, 2004 07:09 pm
littlek wrote:
Never seen anything like it.

You're kidding me!

quinn1 wrote:
ah...the NE teams (better than getting beat up dontchaknow)
dont expect anything out of them however.

EXQUEEZE ME? Last time I checked, the Pats were the favorite to win the Superbowl......and they haven't even won the AFC........YET.

Oh yeah, topic....So, uh how 'bout that molasses?
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Tue 6 Jan, 2004 07:11 pm
TerryDoolittle wrote:

EXQUEEZE ME? Last time I checked, the Pats were the favorite to win the Superbowl......and they haven't even won the AFC........YET.

Its a fluke

and oh yeah..YET is a big ol word around here now aint it?

Molasses

and Rum

and stuff
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 6 Jan, 2004 07:17 pm
Now you guys are making me feel bad :-(
0 Replies

TerryDoolittle

Reply Tue 6 Jan, 2004 07:35 pm
<passing a bottle of rum Montana's way>

This should help.
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Wed 7 Jan, 2004 09:14 am
Eh, we understand Montana...we're just upset we cant give you a warm feeling while you're in the general area.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 7 Jan, 2004 10:14 am
Terry
Ahhhhhh, thanks sweetie, I needed that ;-)

Quinn
Just saying that gives me a warm feeling and I truly wish I could stay longer so I could meet some of the greatest people on the planet ;-)
0 Replies

bored

Reply Thu 8 Jan, 2004 09:27 am
Ooooh, an invite to a Boston gathering... I haven't been to one in AGES! I would love to go. And can take the choo-choo if it is a blizzard!!

This sounds great. I have connections at the BPL, you know. (Its the only place I do.)

Not for this event, but did you know they opened a restaurant and cafe in the Copley Library? The restaurant is great. They had coupons in the Metro for it. But it is a buffet style lunch in this great room surrounded by books (shocker) overlooking the little park. We could even meet in the cafe in there for coffee beforehand. Then off for debauchery after.

The first Abuzzer I ever met, I met her at a bookstore... now all these many years later she sends me an invite to meet at a library. Such literary, bookish gals are we.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 8 Jan, 2004 09:32 am
Now that we have a date and a place, what about a time to meet?
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Thu 8 Jan, 2004 10:53 am
Well, the BPL exhibit closes at 5pm soo... Mebbe 2ish? meet up and then peruse for an hour or two?
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Thu 8 Jan, 2004 12:39 pm
sounds good 2 me... don't forget your library card!
0 Replies