My boyfriend & I just found out he has a 7 month old daughter from a 1 night stand when we split.

BillRM

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2011 08:48 pm
@JTT,
Your trusim is meaningless and when you are married to a woman it is assume unless proven otherwise that you are the father of that woman children.

When you have a one night stand and some woman knock on your door with such news unless you are insane you assume you are not the father unless proven otherwise.
farmerman

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2011 09:00 pm
@JTT,
Quote:
If he's the father, he's the father, whether a DNA test s ever done or not
Are you the son of Norm Crosby?
JTT

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2011 09:03 pm
@BillRM,
To Hawk's credit, he sees it. To your discredit, Bill, you don't.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2011 09:03 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:
Do nothing until you get the results of the DNA test.

none of us know if there has already been DNA testing done

If the OP's partner has determined/determined he is the father, it's not up to any of us to judge whether or not he is (or how he got to that decision).
ehBeth

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2011 09:05 pm
@shewolfnm,
shewolfnm wrote:

Lighten up fer fucks sake

that's precisely what most posters seem to think the OP should do.

Seriously, this isn't something to be written off work for (which she has been) and considering herself a victim is, well, pathetic.

If she's really as whack about the situation as she presents, I think her partner would be well rid of her if she decided she couldn't continue the relationship.
shewolfnm

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2011 09:13 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

Seriously, this isn't something to be written off work for (which she has been) and considering herself a victim is, well, pathetic.

Baaahhh..... you have an excellent point there. I didnt consider that part of her post.
I can see how it would be upsetting... but yeah. That over dramatic behavior is .............well.... scary.

sorry. I take that back. That is a bit dramatic of her..
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2011 09:13 pm
@farmerman,
No, not Norm, Bing's boy, actually, Farmer.

I see that I forgot an 'i'.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2011 09:22 pm
@ehBeth,
Quote:

That's crap, Beth. You are not the arbiter of every persons emotions. You're one of the first ones to get all gushy whenever there's a "crisis" for one of your in crowd.

People react to events in different ways; people of different ages react to events in different ways. The wisdom you have gathered with age doesn't mean that everyone should act like Beth.
BillRM

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2011 09:36 pm
@ehBeth,
Quote:
If the OP's partner has determined/determined he is the father, it's not up to any of us to judge whether or not he is (or how he got to that decision).

If he had decided to take the word of a one night stand he is insane and his girlfriend is insane to go along with such silliness also.
ehBeth

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2011 09:37 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

If he had decided to take the word of a one night stand

you don't know that he did that

you're assuming
JTT

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2011 09:39 pm
@ehBeth,
Quantum leaps are one of Bill's specialties.
BillRM

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2011 09:42 pm
@JTT,
You do not understand the word IF it would seem.
farmerman

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2011 09:43 pm
@BillRM,
looking at it forensically, beth makes sense. There seems to have been some kind of a determination (because we cannot assume that people are that stupid to just accept the OP's word, "Consequences of hooking up" often lewad to a woman making a decision based on whats best for her kid (if she can get away with it). A DNA swab from epithelial cells is so easily done that Im now assuming that it was.
SO, that leaves us with a "convenient" overreaction of the girl friend. If her world is broken to bits then pwrhaps hes better being done with her because what will she do when something really big comes up (like money problems or a serious illness)?

Nope, Gotta assume that a DNA test was done and this is all post facto reaction.
ehBeth

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2011 09:46 pm
@JTT,
In-crowd. Ha. I'm not sure who's in it, but it certainly isn't me.

I don't think everyone should act like me. That would be a whole lot of no fun. I don't have a lot of tolerance for drama in real life, but I don't think everyone should have to hear 'move on' from everyone. There have to be some sympathetic people. Luckily, there are other people who can take on that role.

Have you got everyone else who posted on ignore?
ehBeth

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2011 09:48 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:
Do nothing until you get the results of the DNA test.

did you forget the qualifier here?
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2011 09:54 pm
@ehBeth,
Yes, Beth, you're part of the in crowd.

Quote:
Have you got everyone else who posted on ignore?

Nope, as you are well aware, I don't go in for that childish nonsense. Sorry that you got in the way. It was kind of a Cheney hunting accident. Smile
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2011 10:16 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
because we cannot assume that people are that stupid
Nope, Gotta assume that a DNA test was done and this is all post facto reaction.

After reading the postings on threads dealings with such subjects as evolution, the birther movement and the we never landed on the moon theory on this website, how in the hell can you not assume that a large percent of the human race is not indeed stupid.
JTT

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2011 10:44 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
You do not understand the word IF it would seem.

Not perfectly, Bill, I'll admit. The complexities of language surprise me every day.

If you'd care to explain what it is that you think I'm missing, go ahead.

0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2011 10:49 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
how in the hell can you not assume that a large percent of the human race is not indeed stupid.
Im dealing with only the facts as they were presented in the opening paragraphs of this thread. Beth made perfect sense in that respect . SO, maybe most of the world is truly dumb. BUT , Im giving a BOTD to this lady cause the paternity seems to be already established. Pwerhaps its not an issue open to debate NO?
Now if YOU have data otherwise, please peresent it and Im easily convinced when the preponderance of evidence pushes me so.
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 29 Apr, 2011 11:05 pm
@farmerman,
Quote:
cause the paternity seems to be already established
please refresh my memory as to on what basis you came to that conclusion. I hope it was not upon the words "found out"...I know far to many guys guys who will buy without question anything a woman tells them in this regard, will consider the assertion fact when it should not be.
Quote:
In the research world, when scientists come across a father in a mismatched family, they toss the sample. If pedigree errors are not caught, Dr. Scherer said, they can wreak statistical havoc with a study: "People have made careers designing software to catch these kinds of things."

Sample mix-ups can skew results, as can an extremely rare condition discovered in 1989 in which a child inherits two copies of the same chromosome from one parent, obscuring the contribution of the other. But as the number of gene hunts and diagnostic tests has grown and grown, the leading cause of these anomalies has proved to be mistaken fatherhood.

Some peg the range at 5 to 10 per cent; others, such as Jeanette Papp of the University of California at Los Angeles, feel that 15 per cent is reasonable for the Western world, even if there is no hard evidence. "It's hard to do studies on these things for ethical reasons," says Dr. Papp, director of genotyping and sequencing in UCLA's department of human genetics. "I mean, how do you tell people what you're really looking for?"

A British survey conducted between 1988 and 1996 by Robin Baker, a former professor at the University of Manchester, confirmed the 10-per-cent figure. That seems high to skeptics such as Dalhousie University geneticist Paul Neumann, although even he admitted that "my colleague, who's a woman, tells me women have no trouble believing it. . . . It's the men who can't."
http://www.canadiancrc.com/Newspaper_Articles/Globe_and_Mail_Moms_Little_secret_14DEC02.aspx
0 Replies