? The price of gas in America ?

dadpad

Reply Thu 5 May, 2011 06:03 am
$1.56/Litre AU for diesel.
$1.34/litre Au Unleaded (regualr gasoline).
izzythepush

Reply Thu 5 May, 2011 06:28 am
@dadpad,
That's quite reasonable, I suppose it makes up for not having the ashes.
dadpad

Reply Thu 5 May, 2011 06:32 am
@izzythepush,
Ohhh! that hurt.
I hope you die a slow and painful death for that.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 5 May, 2011 06:35 am
@dadpad,
What? Like Ricky Ponting?
izzythepush

Reply Thu 5 May, 2011 06:39 am
@izzythepush,
In fairness, you've had the ashes more than us, but I couldn't resist having a pop. And I like the idea of Americans waking up in the morning to find their thread taken over by an arguement about a game none of them understand
dadpad

Reply Thu 5 May, 2011 06:40 am
@izzythepush,
we're in a rebuilding phase.
Lets talk about that great cricketing nation of Ireland.
dadpad

Reply Thu 5 May, 2011 06:44 am
@izzythepush,
Cricket thread
http://able2know.org/topic/106579-21#post-4561313
lmur

Reply Thu 5 May, 2011 06:45 am
@dadpad,
Ireland won't be playing international cricket anytime soon. Something to do with Robert Mugabe and eligibility-issues in Kenya (their last captain was found to have been born in Hawaii, of all places). Plus, gas prices means we can't afford to travel anymore.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 5 May, 2011 07:09 am
@lmur,
Actually that is a disgrace. How can it be a world cup without all cricketing nations competing? If there's too many there should be qualifiers. You did really well and should be proud.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 5 May, 2011 07:13 am
@dadpad,
Thanks for that. Congrats to India and all that. Changing the subject I'm about to go out and vote in a referendum to change to AV. The No campaign makes a big issue that there's only 3 countries with AV. You, Papua New Guinea and Fiji, and that you want to get rid of it. Would you say that was true.
realjohnboy

Reply Thu 5 May, 2011 11:58 am
@izzythepush,
18.4 cents per gallon
25.9 cents per gallon
izzythepush

Reply Thu 5 May, 2011 01:32 pm
@realjohnboy,
Thanks for those sets of figures, although I'm bewildered as why you addressed it to me. Our petrol's priced in litres now but I couldn't say how much a gallon is. It costs me about 50 quid to fill up, and I've only got a small car.
realjohnboy

Reply Thu 5 May, 2011 01:59 pm
@izzythepush,
I wasn't necessarily responding to anything you said. I just hit reply.
25.9 cents was what I paid for gas as I drove from Atlanta to Savannah every Sunday night in connection with my job. That was in late 1972. 18.4 cents is our current Federal gas tax per gallon, which some people want reduced due to the crisis. I think it should go up.
More then anything, I was responding to H2O's mandate that (a) any responses here must stay on topic and (b) anyone with the temerity to disagree with him is stupid, worthy of his scorn.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 5 May, 2011 02:22 pm
@realjohnboy,
OOh. That's me told.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Thu 5 May, 2011 02:27 pm
Regular gas in my town:
I paid $3.96 per gallon yesterday and 24 hours later I paid $4.01 per gallon.
realjohnboy

Reply Thu 5 May, 2011 04:56 pm
@H2O MAN,
Did you notice that the price of oil per barrel today fell 8.6% to 99.80. Why do you suppose that was? If the increase was due to something Obama did or did not do, is the decline also attributable to something he did or did not do?
I can see gas falling about 8 cents a gallon by Monday. Hold off on filling up this weekend.
41% of Americans, according to a Ras poll, favor reducing the 18.4 cent federal gas tax in light of this "crisis." How vote yall on that?
H2O MAN

Reply Thu 5 May, 2011 06:23 pm
@realjohnboy,
Less people are driving and those that are still driving are driving less miles, this results in less demand.
Less demand usually results in less cost in dollars per barrel.
Does this make sense to you?
Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 5 May, 2011 06:25 pm
@realjohnboy,
realjohnboy wrote:

Did you notice that the price of oil per barrel today fell 8.6% to 99.80. Why do you suppose that was? If the increase was due to something Obama did or did not do, is the decline also attributable to something he did or did not do?
I can see gas falling about 8 cents a gallon by Monday. Hold off on filling up this weekend.
41% of Americans, according to a Ras poll, favor reducing the 18.4 cent federal gas tax in light of this "crisis." How vote yall on that?

100% against reducing the gas tax. There is no crisis; the true cost of this substance is merely beginning to assert itself upon us.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Thu 5 May, 2011 06:35 pm
@H2O MAN,
AAA numbers don't support that theory. What is your source for declining demand over the past week or so?
realjohnboy

Reply Thu 5 May, 2011 07:11 pm
@realjohnboy,
Are you familiar with Trilby Lundberg, H2O, regarding the price at the pump of gas as well as demand and supply at the retail level?