Anyone for cricket...?

Dutchy

Reply Thu 31 Mar, 2011 06:47 am
@spidergal,
Want to see mine spidergal? Wink
dadpad

Reply Thu 31 Mar, 2011 07:56 am
That will almost certainly kill her dutch.

I think the dieing she was taliking about was La petite mort. (The little death)

PS mumpad said those thighs are airbrushed.
spidergal

Reply Thu 31 Mar, 2011 11:18 am
@Dutchy,
Thanks but no thanks, Dutchy!

I've no desire to see anyone's thighs, and that statement about Clarke's was sardonic. I was just trying to say he's so womanly.
0 Replies

spidergal

Reply Thu 31 Mar, 2011 11:19 am
@dadpad,
dadpad wrote:

PS mumpad said those thighs are airbrushed.

You bet.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Thu 31 Mar, 2011 08:35 pm
4558160 here!

Couple of interesting letters in yesterday's Herald.

1. Against the background of the huge swing away from the governing Labor Party in last Saturday's state election - a great one-liner:
What was the swing against Ponting?

0 Replies

margo

Reply Thu 31 Mar, 2011 08:36 pm
4558160 here!

Couple of interesting letters in yesterday's Herald.

1. Against the background of the huge swing away from the governing Labor Party in last Saturday's state election - a great one-liner:
What was the swing against Ponting?

2. For the first time since Federation, the occupants of the 2 most importsnt jobs in the country aren't married. But only one is a redhead, and only one has tatts.!
0 Replies

Oylok

Reply Sat 2 Apr, 2011 01:23 pm
Wow, we don't get cricket coverage of any kind in America, but that must have been one heck of a chase by India!

Sri Lanka 274/6 v India 277/4 (48.2 ov)

I tuned in early, and India had already lost two guys after some 10 overs.

Epic comeback, considering...

In the 'Preview' ESPNcricinfo wrote:
Pitch and conditions

The hot summer has transformed the nature of the pitch from the one on which Sri Lanka beat New Zealand. It's a dry surface and the curator Sudhir Naik was quoted in Times of India as saying that 260-270 will be an excellent score batting first.

There have been only ten day-night games at this venue and Sri Lanka achieved the highest successful chase, overhauling India's 225 in 1997. The highest score by a team batting second under lights is 250. The chasing team has won four out of ten games under lights though.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/icc_cricket_worldcup2011/content/story/509001.html
0 Replies

margo

Reply Sat 2 Apr, 2011 02:06 pm
Well, India's done it. Congratulations!

And they're touring here over the summer.
Dutchy

Reply Sat 2 Apr, 2011 03:15 pm
@margo,
Congratulations Spidergal, how do you feel today?
dadpad

Reply Sat 2 Apr, 2011 08:46 pm
Well.... India looks like the mountain to climb.
good luck to 'em. they deseve it.

Hope Pup has his crampons on.
0 Replies

spidergal

Reply Sat 2 Apr, 2011 09:12 pm
@Dutchy,
I really don't know what to say. It's very hard to express. We were all in tears, just like the players. And I could have hugged Bhajji.

Since the start of the Cup, I had a very strong intuition that we were going to win. It was going to be Sachin's last Cup. I think the players were adamant to win it for him,more than anything else.

Friends describe the frenzied crowds on New Delhi and Mumbai streets. People are dancing mad, firing crackers.... The whole country really is in celebration mode. You could imagine what this game means to us.

The only regret is I could not be in New Delhi sooner to witness it all.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Sat 2 Apr, 2011 09:17 pm
Have a little clebrate for us please SG.
Cricket in general is the real winner.
I've been saying for a while now that india deserve more respect as a cricketing nation than they get.

What you guys need to learn though is that losing will happen sometime as well. Like when you come to australia nexy and we flog the livin daylights out of you.
Wink Laughing
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Sun 15 Jan, 2012 06:09 am
Amazed that this thread hasn't rekindled. Resurgent Australia whip India 3-0 - so far two wins by an innings - most unexpected. Mostly on the back of the bowling. Perhaps a South African coach has had an influence? Surprised at the dominance because India's top 6 is like a who's who of batting class. Will Sachin get that elusive 100th ton in Adelaide?
margo

Reply Mon 16 Jan, 2012 07:30 pm
@hingehead,
I see dadpad showed some foresight!

Tendulkar's 100th 100 - hopefully not on Michael Clarke's watch!
0 Replies

Quincy

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2012 01:49 pm
@hingehead,
I get the feeling that sub-continent batsmen are brilliant in the sub-continent, and mediocre everywhere else. There are some exceptions of course, like Sachin.
hingehead

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2012 02:21 pm
@Quincy,
Yeah, but why now - is it just the age factor? Dravid, Laxman, Sehwag have succeeded here before - but the team has been on a bad trot overseas for a while. Apparently Gambhir has suggested that the pitches have been doctored. Looking at the Indian scores you might think that was possible, until you look at the Australian scores.

The Indian bowling has been really good.

The SMH had a boycott article yesterday saying that England couldn't call themselves the best test team in the world until they won on the subcontinent (apparently Pakistan beat them by 10 wickets - in three days - in the UAE).

Weirdly, the test championship/ranking formula does not give away wins any extra weight:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ICC_Test_Championship#Test_championship_calculations

Perhaps if it did the table would look a little different.
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Tue 24 Jan, 2012 11:57 pm
Day 2 Adelaide Ponting and Clarke both register double centuries Oz declare at 7 for 604 Indian openers scoring quickly early.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sat 23 Nov, 2013 02:02 am
@margo,
margo wrote:

and Mitch Johnson is bowling like your grandmother. Can't bowl (0 wickets), can't bat (out for a 19 ball duck!), can't catch ( put down a catch from?? can't remember who). His role then must be as ornament????

Not likely to keep his place, unless there's a massive turnaround in his game today.

Bet you didn't think he'd be performing like he has this week - 3 years later.
margo

Reply Sat 23 Nov, 2013 03:52 am
@Wilso,
Wilso wrote:

margo wrote:

and Mitch Johnson is bowling like your grandmother. Can't bowl (0 wickets), can't bat (out for a 19 ball duck!), can't catch ( put down a catch from?? can't remember who). His role then must be as ornament????

Not likely to keep his place, unless there's a massive turnaround in his game today.

Bet you didn't think he'd be performing like he has this week - 3 years later.

Ye s - bit of a turnaround! Spectacular day's cricket, today.
hingehead

Reply Sat 23 Nov, 2013 12:20 pm
@margo,
I came to the sad realisation today that I only like cricket when Australia is doing well.

Deeply disappointed in myself.