? The price of gas in America ?

H2O MAN

Reply Mon 25 Apr, 2011 09:06 am

What is the price of a gallon of regular gas in your town?

Why are the prices going up?

Should the federal government do anything to stabilize the price?

If yes, what should they do?

What price per gallon is your tipping point?

How will higher gas prices effect America's economy?

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 4,357 • Replies: 51
No top replies

RABEL222

Reply Mon 25 Apr, 2011 02:45 pm
@H2O MAN,
Nationalize all oil companies and confiscate all the oil fields in the U.S. and dont allow anymore foreign or american companies who have any foreign ownership to drill on government ground or anywhere in the U.S..
H2O MAN

Reply Mon 25 Apr, 2011 03:07 pm
@RABEL222,

Are you answering a specific question or repeating talking points?
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Mon 25 Apr, 2011 03:14 pm

Bush Gas Price 4/22/08 $3.58

Obama Gas Price 4/22/11 $3.85

Where's That Faked Media Outrage Now?
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Mon 25 Apr, 2011 03:20 pm
http://i54.tinypic.com/29ym82b.jpg
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Mon 25 Apr, 2011 03:28 pm
Walter can't read! What an idiot! ...

The question was very specific
? The price of gas in America ?

Dutchy

Reply Mon 25 Apr, 2011 04:02 pm
@H2O MAN,
H20 man you're on the wrong track! Walter is one of the most intelligent contributors on these threads. An apology from you would be most approriate for calling him an idiot!!
H2O MAN

Reply Mon 25 Apr, 2011 04:11 pm
@Dutchy,

Bullshit!

Walter ignored the title and the questions.
An apology from Walter to the rest of us is in order here.
Both his so called intelligence and his reputation are at risk if he doesn't.

realjohnboy

Reply Mon 25 Apr, 2011 04:25 pm
@H2O MAN,
Am I correct that you want replies only from people who agree with you? Ignoranuses, your word, will not be tolerated.
Walter's response was relevant, in my mind, to the discussion. But you are unwilling to hear him out. Is that right? You demand an apology.
Good luck with your thread.
H2O MAN

Reply Mon 25 Apr, 2011 04:29 pm
@realjohnboy,
Your mind is clouded.

Only people that can read & understand the title and the questions should consider replying.

realjohnboy

Reply Mon 25 Apr, 2011 05:33 pm
@H2O MAN,
I have started about 15 or so threads over my 9 years on A2K. It is futile to attempt to restrict the comments to ones that you decree to be pertinent to the topic. You might as well try to herd kittens.
I did one last year regarding polls on the 2010 Senate/House races. People, friends of mine here, tried to adhere to the spirit of staying on topic out of kindness to me, but it was clear that they were not happy with me. I will never do that again.
You lashed out at Walter, calling him an idiot and demanding an apology. Not a good start, dude. He, I think, was working towards presenting a cogent argument. But you didn't want to be patient enough to listen.
Listening is good.
H2O MAN

Reply Mon 25 Apr, 2011 06:11 pm
@realjohnboy,

It was not wise of the Dutch dude to demand an apology and you're input is only exacerbating the situation.

Staying on topic is good.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Mon 25 Apr, 2011 06:26 pm
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:

Both his so called intelligence and his reputation are at risk if he doesn't.

not from you they are not..
shewolfnm

Reply Mon 25 Apr, 2011 06:35 pm
Are you serious? You dont get it either huh?
gas prices always go up before an election. its a way to ruffle the fur of the american lemmings. Nothing like getting attention, a following AND saying something that people listen to like " I promise to deal with the oil problem in this country to save you money on gas!" when looking for a vote during the election. It is easy to crown an electoral super man when you have a common problem such as a high price.

what is my gas tipping point? I dont have one. Gas prices normalize in about 4 months after an election. besides, i get about 40 mpg as it is. it only hurts for a little while. price of living in a cluster **** called america.

Media outrage?
people do not pay enough attention to A) see the gas price pattern, B) realize their vote to change their country does NOT revolve around how much they pay C) understand their own economy.
Media outrage is only fueled by the loud mouths of society who think they are truly making a change by purchasing a new vehicle, riding the bus or otherwise playing into election frenzy by falling for the gas roller coaster drama. every. single. election. year... this happens. Sometimes i think this country has a memory of a gold fish. By the time they have circled their block, they have forgotten everything..

Government? Stabilize that price?
Sure. You quit your job. That is the equivalent. Why would they cut off a huge source of income like that? holy crap. Laughing
besides, the cost of gas , no matter what americans think, does not revolve entirely around THIS country, OUR economy or OUR complaints. gas is a world wide necessity. Its called global economy. Most americans dont have that concept. Involves too many people beyond themselves..

Higher gas prices will effect the economy yes.. but it will not stay at the 5.00 per gallon it will hit before ( and because of) the election. So that is not a question that will hold ground right now. Wait until the ' new' gas price is in place, then ask.

H2O MAN

Reply Tue 26 Apr, 2011 04:46 am
@shewolfnm,
Not that you could step up and make the call and yes, his so called intelligence and his reputation are at risk if he doesn't.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Tue 26 Apr, 2011 04:54 am
@shewolfnm,
I guess you have not been paying close attention.

Right before and election? Are you serious?
You don't get it, the election is a long way off.

Maybe you should hold your comments until it hits $6 and $7 a gallon.

0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Tue 26 Apr, 2011 09:20 am
The country should nationalize the oil companies, which is what the vast majority of other countries have done.

For instance, we give the oil companies access to government lands in various places. The companies develop in such a way to enhance their profits, and then sell the oil at world prices even though they get it for peanuts. Moreover, they don't necessarily distribute the oil and gas to the USA, but will ship them abroad if this enhances profits. Further, there is no real competition here to keep prices low.
H2O MAN

Reply Tue 26 Apr, 2011 11:13 am
@Advocate,
Advocate wrote:

The country should nationalize the oil companies, which is what the vast majority of other countries have done.

Silly Stupid Liberal - NO, America should not ever nationalize it's oil companies.
Those of you that want this should pack up and move to the countries that have nationalized oil companies.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 5 May, 2011 05:42 am
H2O Man says
Bush Gas Price 4/22/08 $3.58

Obama Gas Price 4/22/11 $3.85

As if those figures alone prove Obama's mishandling of the economy. Typical far right wing propaganda. The price of oil is global, there's such a thing as inflation. There is greater demand for oil from China. The oil wells in Libya are not producing anything in real quantities. The problems in Bahrain and the Arabian Gulf have pushed prices up.

Bill Clinton left the economy in surplus. Monkeyboy Bush wasted this on tax breaks for the rich, financed by loans from China. Monkeyboy could not see that Al Qaida was a threat despite repeated warnings from the Clinton administration. It was this momumental incompetence that allowed 9/11 to happen. This incompetence also allowed Bin Laden to slip across the borders to freedom. Bin Laden would still be at large today if it were not for the fact that now you have an intelligent man in the white house.

Monkeyboy also embarked on an illegal war with Iraq, again financed by loans from China. This did more to push up the price of oil than anything else. It also meant that America is totally dependent on Chinese money. The Chinese could collapse the dollar anytime they want by dumping US bonds. That's hardly a patriotic act now then is it? It may suit the excessively wealthy, but that's about it.

Anyway petrol is dirt cheap in America. You should try paying what we get charged. It's also a smokescreen for the real scandal in America, healthcare. Tell you what I won't complain about the price of hospital parking and prescriptions if you you don't complain about the price of petrol.

If the far right wants to be taken seriously globally, perhaps next time they should put up a presidential candidate with opposable thumbs who knows how to use a spoon properly.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Thu 5 May, 2011 05:53 am
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:

the kid that works there, keeps changing the numbers
we only just got a federal government the other day, let them get settled in will ya
they could start by all putting bullets in their brains (might not help gas prices, but it will certainly solve the federal government problem)
don't know yet, we certainly haven't reached it
can't imagine the gas prices in canada affecting the the american economy at all
0 Replies