What are you up to this Easter?

msolga

Reply Fri 6 Apr, 2012 07:36 pm
@ossobuco,
No worries, osso.
It's an old thread & I was rather surprised to see it pop up again, a couple of weeks ago.
A2Kers could, of course, post the same information to both threads! Wink Smile

It's almost midday here on Easter Saturday.
Looks like a good day for even more pruning.
(Oh my aching back & arms from yesterday's effort!)
ossobuco

Reply Fri 6 Apr, 2012 07:52 pm
@msolga,
Yes.. I've been gardening this week myself. Oof. Much more to do, but it's all satisfying in its sandy way. My hands are getting not as good as they used to be - some arthritis, some muscle thing going on. (Yes, been to the docs.) Plus in older age my natural attention deficit is beginning to rule - time to go in for iced tea! I could be making cookies! I could check a2k! Wonder how my fantasy baseball team is doing! How about slicing some apple?
msolga

Reply Fri 6 Apr, 2012 08:06 pm
@ossobuco,
Apart from my aches & pains from yesterday ..... you should see my hands & arms, osso!
Cuts & scratches all over the place & the remains of a few lingering mosquito bites. Al least I hope they were only mosquito bites!
Ah, the joys of gardening! Wink

At least I haven't fallen off the Big Ladder .... yet!
ossobuco

Reply Fri 6 Apr, 2012 08:25 pm
@msolga,
Somewhere on a2k I've recounted going to the Tanner garden in Napa in California or north of there, taken to visit by a friend who lived in Napa then. I about fell apart from the luxury, major rose planting encircled or squared by low hedges, and that was just a part of the design. I started taking photos and the woman got after me, what are you doing (private garden). We talked, she got less concerned. I sent her a set of the photos, and have been careful not to post any of them in the years since. I take her as the designer, but not sure of that.

Her husband is why I bring this up - his arms were very very rose scratched. Made the National Football League tattoos look, um, bought.
msolga

Reply Fri 6 Apr, 2012 08:36 pm
@ossobuco,
Quote:
Her husband is why I bring this up - his arms were very very rose scratched. Made the National Football League tattoos look, um, bought.

Ha.
I think my arms might be a match for his!

And I haven't even started on the roses bushes yet (including the one I named in Noddy's honour, many moons ago) ... they're out the front. I'm still in the process of getting the backyard in order!

Maybe it will rain again soon ... and I'll have a perfectly viable reason to stop this madness? Razz

Better get back to it now.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 6 Apr, 2012 08:55 pm
@msolga,
Meantime I'm not sure I have any of those photos anymore. I might have sent her the only ones. Given her wishes and my age, if I still have them I should dump them.

(You can tell I have photo stuff to work out.)
jcboy

Reply Sat 7 Apr, 2012 11:29 am
@ossobuco,
The three of us are getting ready to dye some Easter eggs.

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg402/scaled.php?server=402&filename=eggsdu.jpg&res=landing
Ceili

Reply Sat 7 Apr, 2012 11:38 am
@jcboy,
Use some rubber bands, they make nice stripes.
jcboy

Reply Sat 7 Apr, 2012 11:39 am
@Ceili,
hehe too late, Antonio dropped them all in the containers of different colors Cool
jcboy

Reply Sat 7 Apr, 2012 11:55 am
@jcboy,
And they’re done. We have to take them with us tomorrow to the Easter Egg Hunt in Vinor Park.

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg593/scaled.php?server=593&filename=eggs2.jpg&res=landing
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 7 Apr, 2012 12:04 pm
My grandmother used different vegetables to dye the eggs: the juices of red beets, black tea, onions, red cabbage and parsley.
The colors with all the imperfections were just superb.

Let Antonio color some eggs with his markers or water colors - that's a lot of
fun too - for the kids! Not so much for cleaning up later on...
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Sat 7 Apr, 2012 01:34 pm
I'm working (if you can call it that) right now at a model home, as the "hostess". I wish the agency had found a replacement for me, since I start my new job Monday, but, I made a committment, so here I am until 7pm.

A couple (the woman a really pushy pain in the ass) just stopped by to leave off some paperwork.
As they were leaving the woman said "Happy Easter" and I said "oh, for me it's Passover"....no I'm not jewish, I just like jerking people around.

The man looked puzzled for a second then said "Well, it's Easter, it just happens to be Passover also." Neutral

I replied "No, it's Passover, it just happens to be Easter also." Cool

Setanta

Reply Sat 7 Apr, 2012 01:41 pm
@chai2,
Yay Chai ! ! !
chai2

Reply Sat 7 Apr, 2012 01:57 pm
@Setanta,
Thanks.

A few days before christmas, I was at the grocery store. The cashier had all sorts on christmas **** on, and was practically manic with joy while dealing with all the customers.
MERRY CHRISTMAS!
MERRY CHRISTMAS!
to each person.

When she MERRY CHRISTMASED! me, I said. "I don't celebrate xmas, I'm a jew. (I don't know why I keep doing this, I really don't)
You should have seen the look on her face. Something like this...

http://canitbesaturdaynow.com/images/fpics/626/April_-(153).jpg

Then she said...."But......you still celebrate Christmas though, don't you?"

Neutral
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 7 Apr, 2012 07:33 pm
http://images.theage.com.au/2012/04/07/3196490/ipad-art-wide-golding-opinion-420x0.jpg

Wishing all of you a good easter break.
Put your feet up, relax & unwind!
For those of you who aren't able to have a break from work, my commiserations.
farmerman

Reply Sat 7 Apr, 2012 07:46 pm
@msolga,
since catholic and orthodox Easter fall on the same day this year, we will see many relatives at a convenient Pa mid location of our clans, Allentown. the coal crackin eukies and orthodox will meet the catholic (RC variety) for a vernal kielbasi smacdown and kishka fest
ossobuco

Reply Sat 7 Apr, 2012 07:51 pm
@chai2,
You brat. (hip hip hooray!)
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Sat 7 Apr, 2012 07:53 pm
@farmerman,
Oh that sounds BIG, farmer! Smile
Enjoy, enjoy!
(Just don't mention religion or politics & everything will be good! Wink )
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Sun 8 Apr, 2012 07:07 am
@farmerman,
I used to love kishka....the black kind.
Then years went by, and when I had it again it upset my stomach.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Sun 8 Apr, 2012 07:12 am
@farmerman,
<singing> Who stole the Kishka? Jascha stole the kishka!