stronger but smaller then others

allfel9

Reply Tue 19 Apr, 2011 05:13 pm
I have lot's of friend that lift weights with me, most of them are three times bigger, but I'm also as strong as they are, but not as heavy, how is that possible????

Ragman

Reply Tue 19 Apr, 2011 06:11 pm
@allfel9,
You have poorly defined what you mean by bigger and/or stronger about them so it's hard to answer you accurately. My guess is that they're not the same height as you nor have the same physical dimensions. It's not about the size of muscles.

Muscle strength is not only about the mass of the muscle - it's also about the elasticity of the muscle and the explosive fast-twitch vs. slow-twitch fibers (instant response) quality. How are you determining the strength comparison?

There are many compact but strong athletes. The recently-deceased fitness guru Jack LaLanne was very strong but smaller (5ft 6in or 1.67 m) build, too.
0 Replies

laughoutlood

Reply Tue 19 Apr, 2011 10:36 pm
@allfel9,
those that use then are more likely to have stonger muscles from the neck down than those that use than
0 Replies

Jeremiah

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2011 05:45 pm
This guy doesn't seem to mind if he's smaller than others...

http://goofygifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/funny-sports-bodybuilding-lol.gif
0 Replies