ossobuco

Reply Tue 26 Apr, 2011 08:14 pm
@realjohnboy,
egads, I love you, but never mind.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 26 Apr, 2011 08:18 pm
@realjohnboy,
That's a grabber, rjb. Some of my smartie friends have been left handed. They were slightly younger than us, when lefty became ok. I remember it.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Tue 26 Apr, 2011 09:13 pm
@realjohnboy,
I had two men in my life who were left-handed. Each developed his own handwriting, a back-slanted serif trimmed printing. One was Lebanese based his writing on Arabic while the other was of largely Welsh descent and based his writing on the Old English type style. Both wrote amazingly fast and had beautiful, legible writing.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Tue 26 Apr, 2011 09:32 pm
@realjohnboy,
"Oh, don't collapse this thread, Pan".

Oh OK...never mind then Very Happy
0 Replies

failures art

Reply Wed 27 Apr, 2011 12:43 am
(bookmark)

I too think that Obama gives too much and demands too little. His starting point for compromise is always way too far to the right. I think he has a bit of delusion about post-partisan sentiments in the country. I do think that people are tired of bickering, but people also downplay how potent it is at the same time.

A
R
T
0 Replies

Renaldo Dubois

Reply Wed 27 Apr, 2011 07:16 am
Gitmo. Terrorist trials in NYC. Never attack a nation that is no threat. Stimulus will produce jobs. Gas is over $4 a gallon. The ME is in flames and people are being murdered in the streets.

Nice job BO. Four more years.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Wed 27 Apr, 2011 07:18 am
@Renaldo Dubois,
Renaldo Dubois wrote:

You lost. That's all that matters.

What was expected to be 'tinkling of the ivories' is only chopsticks followed by tinkling.
Renaldo Dubois

Reply Wed 27 Apr, 2011 07:21 am
@parados,
BO lost his bullets on Nov 2 and that was just a taste. This is going to be fun and the election day in 2012 will be the end of BO.
parados

Reply Wed 27 Apr, 2011 07:44 am
@Renaldo Dubois,
Renaldo Dubois wrote:

BO lost his bullets on Nov 2 and that was just a taste. This is going to be fun and the election day in 2012 will be the end of BO.

The trumpet sounds.. Ppffffffffffffft

Louie Armstrong, where are you?
panzade

Reply Wed 27 Apr, 2011 08:18 am
@parados,
0 Replies

Renaldo Dubois

Reply Wed 27 Apr, 2011 08:49 am
I watched an old Jack Benny movie last night "The horn blows at midnight". When the horn blows at midnight on election day 2012, the dumbest, inept, unqualified fraud who claims to be President of the United States will be history.
parados

Reply Wed 27 Apr, 2011 08:58 am
@Renaldo Dubois,
Renaldo Dubois wrote:

I watched an old Jack Benny movie last night "The horn blows at midnight". When the horn blows at midnight on election day 2012, the dumbest, inept, unqualified fraud who claims to be President of the United States will be history.

Are you claiming to be President?
Renaldo Dubois

Reply Wed 27 Apr, 2011 02:53 pm
@parados,
Nope. But my Cocker Spanial is smarter the President. He never craps on his own people.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Wed 27 Apr, 2011 07:17 pm
@parados,
Quote:
Are you claiming to be President?

The description doesn't include rudest.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2011 04:40 pm
http://nymag.com/news/frank-rich/obama-economy/presidents-failure/

Quote:
Obama’s Original Sin
The president’s failure to demand a reckoning from the moneyed interests who brought the economy down has cursed his first term, and could prevent a second.

great read

the conclusion of the six page online article

Quote:
“A nation cannot prosper long when it favors only the prosperous,” Obama declared at his inauguration. What he said on that bright January morning is no less true or stirring now. For all his failings since, he is the only one who can make this case. There’s nothing but his own passivity to stop him from doing so—and from shaking up the administration team that, well beyond the halfway-out-the-door Geithner and his Treasury Department, has showered too many favors on the prosperous. This will mean turning on his own cadre of the liberal elite. But it’s essential if he is to call the bluff of a fake man-of-the-people like Romney. To differentiate himself from the discredited Establishment, he will have to mount the fight he has ducked for the past three years.

The alternative is a failure of historic proportions. Those who gamed the economy to near devastation—so much so that the nation turned to an untried young leader in desperation and in hope—would once again inherit the Earth. Unless and until there’s a purging of the crimes that brought our president to his unlikely Inauguration Day, much more in America than the second term of his administration will be at stake.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2011 04:53 pm
I don't know how many votes he has already lost, but you can bet he has lost mine.
realjohnboy

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2011 06:59 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

I don't know how many votes he has already lost, but you can bet he has lost mine.

I am, of course, not picking a petty fight with you. I respect you too much to do that, Edgar. I am curious as to why you would make the statement above.
Obama ran on the idea of "change" which sounded good but you and I are of a similar age and have heard all of this before from politicians on both sides for decades.
Obama threw out a line a few days ago: "I may have 5 1/2 more years to..."
I am curious as to what turned you off on Obama.
Thank you.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2011 07:31 pm
I will have to answer you tomorrow, rjb. (I can't imagine making a fight of it).
RABEL222

Reply Tue 5 Jul, 2011 11:21 pm
@edgarblythe,
Edgar, You know I am upset with Obamas lack of balls and would rather have a different liberal in the whitehouse but do you think that any republican that is around today would be better than him? The problem is too many millionares in congress and a lack of representation for the common folk. What makes anyone think the millionares in congress will vote to raise thier taxes?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 6 Jul, 2011 04:47 am
Even before he was nominated to run, I was questioning Obama's close ties with Republicans. Not the teabagger kind, that hates his guts, but other ones. To me, he not so much lacks guts as is in sympathy with the thoughts of Republicans. How else explain not taking advantage of a solid Dem majority to push through some great legislation. (Instead, he put a drag on it). He gives Republicans what they ask for, then halfheartedly mentions a few Dem ideals to toss us a bone. Screw him. I will never vote for a Republican the rest of my life, but it would take a special candidate to make me vote Dem. Obama and Clinton were the best friends the Republicans ever had.