Glenn Beck TV Show to End

lockeWiggins

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2011 02:24 pm
@farmerman,
Glenn beck does all his own research, and he shares it with his audience that is why his show has gathered more viewers than the combined viewership of his competitors on CNN, HLN, and MSNBC. Due to his research he correctly predicted the outcome of the health care bill, as well as the domino effect happening in the middle east. Glenn beck has always been a figure of controversy, but now they want to cut his show? Thats like mtv cutting jersey shore due to them saying some controversial. You do not get rid of your top rated show just because of a little controversy.
Why are they cutting his show then? Its because he began to draw lines between all the chess players behind the scenes.

If im wrong I apologize, My comments are made with the information I have now, and will change with new.
farmerman

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2011 02:45 pm
@lockeWiggins,
Doing his own research does not excuse him from makling errors in fact.
Nevertheless, hes gone. He has been removed from several major morning radio dilas as well. His normal big city stations (Like Baltimore, Philly, Harrisburg, and even NY (I think) have dumped him. I was station surfing this AM and found an old favorite on the BAltimore airways.
lockeWiggins

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2011 02:57 pm
@farmerman,
would you expect anything less when someone is blacklisted. going back to the cold war during the time of the hollywood blacklist over 300 actors, writers, and directors. Most wrongly accused of being communist, they were blacklisted to the point where they could not find a job. stripping them of their friends, fans, and work. This is nothing new. However I think beck handled himself with dignity and decided to move behind the scenes and become a chess player himself.
JTT

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2011 03:06 pm
@lockeWiggins,
You should talk to OmSigDavid, LW. He was all in favor of that, brags how he helped slimy Joe Mc work his evil deeds.

Om verily revels in the fact that he helped destroy people to the point where they could not find a job. stripping them of their friends, fans, and work.
lockeWiggins

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2011 03:18 pm
@JTT,
Ill admit that I believe you are more informed on this particular subject than I am. So excuse my ignorance, but who is OmSigDavid, LW and if i can reach him I would love to ask what he thinks of the censorship of Glenn Beck and if its consistent with past practices. Because, from what im seeing it looks extremely close
parados

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2011 03:21 pm
@lockeWiggins,
Quote:
Due to his research he correctly predicted the outcome of the health care bill, as well as the domino effect happening in the middle east.

What outcome did he predict about the health care bill?

The domino effect? Oh please... that has been predicted since the 1960s. Even a stopped clock is right twice a day. It doesn't make it prescient.
JTT

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2011 03:25 pm
@lockeWiggins,
Quote:
but who is OmSigDavid, LW

LW is lockeWiggins, LW, and if you want to joust with Om on his love for Joe Mc and his fondness for destroying innocent people, just start a thread and ask away and I think you'll find he'll find you.

You can always PM him.
farmerman

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2011 03:29 pm
@lockeWiggins,
Quote:
the censorship of Glenn Beck
When a liberal broadcaster like Franken is dumped because of poor ratings, thats a "MArket decision". When Beck is dumped for the same reasons its "censorship".
(Remeber ITS A BUSINESS, theres no right of free speech on my private airways unless they are paid for)
lockeWiggins

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2011 03:31 pm
@parados,
That the government would pass the completely anti-american health care bill. luckily one of the last semi pure gov. institution in america overturned it. But, as glenn beck said this is only the first of many. And although the other political talk shows are not on my dvr like glenn is but who else connected the workers unions like he did. Who else Calls people out and makes them accountable for their actions and words like glen beck does. You may hate him but the fact remains that the U.S was better informed with him around.
but a informed public is a dangerous public in the governments eyes.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2011 03:32 pm
@JTT,
Quote:

You can always PM him.

Who is PM? Laughing

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2011 03:32 pm
@lockeWiggins,
Quote:
This is nothing new. However I think beck handled himself with dignity and decided to move behind the scenes and become a chess player himself.
Beck is an entertainer, a circuit buffoon. Joe MAcarthy wasa member of the US SEnate. McC had powers of subpoena and "contempt of congress". Beck can only present another commercial.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2011 03:35 pm
@lockeWiggins,
Quote:

That the government would pass the completely anti-american health care bill.

There's nothing 'anti-American' about the HC Reform bill that was passed last year, in the slightest. It also has not been overturned in any fashion by any segment of our government. You seem to be more than a little confused on this issue.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2011 03:40 pm
@lockeWiggins,
Quote:
Who else Calls people out and makes them accountable for their actions and words like glen beck does.

Am I mistaken or is G Beck the worst of the worst when it comes to calling people out but never facing them on a face to face basis to address the issues?

Or is it a toss up between him and Rush L?
0 Replies

lockeWiggins

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2011 03:41 pm
@farmerman,
Are you serious.
Two completely different situations. Franken was dumped because of low ratings. While beck has the most watched show of its genre. How do you even compare the two... the reason given was that the advertisers of the show where dropping off support. But with two million viewers there is never a shortage of investors. Ill rewind back in time before you made that comment, and give you a second chance.
farmerman

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2011 03:49 pm
@lockeWiggins,
Market is market. The entire air schedules are a function of who advertises. Even though Beck had a high overall demographic, he had almost NONE in the key "money spending" one of 18 to 54. His audience is primarily old white guys with teabagger agendas and thats it.
Even when he was on, a Philly station did a survey of his advertisers and they were crap youd never even heard of let alone would think of buying
1Love connections for octagenarians
2Fat "burners" (most all of which are under investigation for fraud anyway)
I forget the others but they were hoots. I am not sure whether he even got any public service ads.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2011 03:51 pm
@farmerman,
Gold, he is always pimping gold on his show.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

lockeWiggins

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2011 03:54 pm
@farmerman,
Ive decided to do further research on the topic. Cant say that this is my area of expertise untill then I will admit that my admiration for glenn beck may be one sided. although I have watched his competitors at times he was the one I gravitated to. maybe that has clouded my judgement.

I can only go off the information I have, and my opinion is such. When provided with new my opinion will change as such.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2011 04:07 pm
@lockeWiggins,
Quote:
That the government would pass the completely anti-american health care bill. luckily one of the last semi pure gov. institution in america overturned it

Wow... Are you misinformed.
1. There is no evidence that the health care bill is "anti-American". Unless you want to argue its anti-American for Americans to get health care.
2. It hasn't been overturned yet. It is in fact being implemented.

Quote:
but a informed public is a dangerous public in the governments eyes.
Says the guy that thinks his uninformed opinion is fact.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2011 04:11 pm
@lockeWiggins,
lockeWiggins wrote:

Are you serious.
While beck has the most watched show of its genre.

Are YOU serious?

Quote:
THURS., FEB 10, 2011

FOXNEWS O’REILLY 3,325,000
FOXNEWS BAIER 2,335,000
FOXNEWS HANNITY 2,293,000
FOXNEWS BECK 2,243,000

Who do you think O'Reilly and Hannity are?

lockeWiggins, face it, you are so misinformed I wonder if you can find your ass if someone slapped you on it.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Tue 12 Apr, 2011 04:11 pm
@farmerman,
Joe MAcarthy wasa member of the US SEnate, an entertainer, a buffoon.