Reply Thu 24 Mar, 2011 06:42 am
http://www.suntimes.com/4457988-417/5-a-gallon-for-gas-get-ready-experts-say.html

Quote:

If gasoline prices approaching $4 a gallon are draining your wallet, brace yourself. Oil industry experts say gas prices could hit $5 a gallon — possibly before summer.

Blame the war in Libya and continuing unrest in other parts of the Middle East and North Africa, experts say....

The experts got the first part of the thing (about $5 gas coming) right. The part of the Arab world being responsible for the problem is wrong. The environmental whacko wing of the demoKKKrat party which has shut down every U.S. energy initiative for the last half century is responsible, and the normal (pinko-commie-faggot-rat) wing of the party is going to sufffer right along with Republicans and everybody else.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 6 • Views: 3,654 • Replies: 56

RABEL222

Reply Thu 24 Mar, 2011 08:39 am
@gungasnake,
All the experts I have heard talk about this say its the speculators who are raising the price. You know, the rich guys on wall street who sell to each other in order to raise the price on a barrel of oil.
JTT

Reply Thu 24 Mar, 2011 11:52 am
@RABEL222,
Gunga: Sorry, that isn't allowed into my echo chamber. Try again.
0 Replies

raprap

Reply Thu 24 Mar, 2011 12:10 pm
@gungasnake,
Funny. The last POTUS to propose and start to enact a comprehensive energy policy was the DemoKKKrat Jimmy Carter only to have the whole thing sh*tcanned by that good old GOPper Ronald Reagan.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 24 Mar, 2011 12:39 pm
@gungasnake,
http://i51.tinypic.com/qs9k5l.jpg
RABEL222

Reply Thu 24 Mar, 2011 01:24 pm
@Walter Hinteler,

walter. I have to admit that if your not getting 70 mpg on your cars your being screwed worse than US.
Below viewing threshold (view)
JTT

Reply Thu 24 Mar, 2011 01:52 pm
@RABEL222,
Quit your fuckin' whining, Rabel.

Y'all are screwing a large portion of the world's population in order to prevent yourselves from facing reality. You want to talk about an obscene situation. That's the US military using as much of this precious resource as most countries.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 24 Mar, 2011 02:36 pm
@gungasnake,
what was yer excuse at the last bigger runup in the Bush administration? Hizzown brother shut down any drilling off Florida. Bush did nothing to ewxpand the number of refining units available
0 Replies

raprap

Reply Thu 24 Mar, 2011 03:13 pm
@gungasnake,
eight years of reagan, four of bush the greater, eight of bush the lesser, eight of clinton. plenty of time to enact a energy plan to combat a crisis that was obvious since the 60's. a least carter addressed the subject.

i call your bullsh*t ganga.
raprap

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2011 06:23 pm
@gungasnake,
Ganga you are a hoot! First you state a conviction that the GOPpers are quickly becoming a party that is not controlled by oil/banking and then you post a quote/link to a publication that is a 'awl-budness' newsletter.

As for the GOP losing its base--yes I agree, but that is not necessarily a good aspect. The modern GOP has become the servant of self professed no-nothings. Bullies that are closer to the moralistic rantings of Fred Phelps and Landmark Baptist than the intellectual convertasism of a Bill Buckley or even a Pat Buchanan. IOW the GOP is quickly becoming a party of small tents and small minds.

Granted the DemoKKKrats that you incessantly condemn aren't much better, but at least some of them use their heads for something else than a hat-rack.

I console myself with the observation by a politically conservative friend that in 2010, Barry Goldwater would be searching for an alternative party.

Rap
gungasnake

Reply Fri 25 Mar, 2011 10:40 pm
@raprap,
Quote:
I console myself with the observation by a politically conservative friend that in 2010, Barry Goldwater would be searching for an alternative party.

I doubt it and even if he were it would be something more like Libertarians. Likewise if FDR or Stevenson or even JFK or any of the last generation of rational dems were alive today they'd be republicans.

I mean, I've looked for reasons to love the republican party and never found any but I don't get this absolute sense of loathing from the pubbies. I've got five or six real issues with them while everything the dems do is some other sort of issue.

Worst possible case as seen with Nixon, pubbies can be counted on to take out their own trash when need arises. The same thing cannot be said about dems.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2011 12:36 am

5 litres = 1.5 gall (approx)
Paid $ 7.38 today
Unleaded
roger

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2011 12:49 am
@dadpad,
Inched up from 3.48 to 3.53 per gallon. Last time we sas $4.00 it was going up .10 every week. I guess the slow rise is a good sign. Maybe?
0 Replies

Irishk

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2011 09:26 am
@dadpad,
dadpad wrote:
Paid $ 7.38 today
Unleaded

Does that reflect a big increase from a couple of months ago when all this turmoil in the ME started or is that what you've been paying for a while? I think ours (U.S.) has jumped upwards about a dollar or so. Depending upon where one lives.
0 Replies

Irishk

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2011 10:46 am
Scratch that. Mr.Irish says more like a $.50 increase this last go around. On average.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2011 11:05 am
$5 gasoline around the corner

unfortunately i don't have a gas station around the corner to verify this, but the closest one is still $ 1.18 per litre ($ 4.47 per gallon)
JTT

Reply Sat 26 Mar, 2011 12:17 pm
@djjd62,
I remember when the volume gauge used to spin rapidly [and that was for gallons] and the price gauge slowly ticked along.