Weird Stuff on Cable

mckenzie

Reply Sun 8 Dec, 2013 09:51 pm
@panzade,
Me three.

I was going to say Uncle Si is my favourite (he cracks me up), but then there's Willie, and Jase, and, and ... it's just a nice show to watch.

Aside from that, they sure are a popular brand right now! Kay has a cookbook, Phil has a, what, biography ...
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sat 4 Jan, 2014 06:59 pm
Discovered a not terrible show.

Untold Stories from the ER (or something like that). I've been to the ER more times than I care to remember, but my stories aren't untold. Most of them are on the Surgery Again thread.

Highlights:

Two not very classy women get into a fight. One of them shows up at the ER with the heel of a very high-heel shoe stuck in her cheek. The rest of the shoe just dangles. While the shoe-impaled woman is waiting, the woman who impaled her shows up. She came to get her shoe back.

A man is playing touch football naked in the desert. He falls into a cactus. Ouch.

A man gets his penis stuck in a camp stove. He and his girlfriend were drinking and doing drugs and romping around. She suggests that if he sticks his penis in the stove, she'll put her head in the stove from underneath and give him a blow job. He gets stuck. The doctor calls one of the maintenance men from the hospital to cut the stove off. The man assesses the situation and faints dead away. Now there are two patients. The doctor calls an EMS team thinking they might have some equipment (like the jaws of life) that can remove the stove. The EMS guy does not have the right equipment. Then he gets dizzy and feels faint. Three patients. Then the doc calls a urologist. The urologist decides to drain the penis of blood and remove the penis from the stove. The nurse is feeling faint. He manages to help and the stove is removed. And they all lived happily ever after.

chai2

Reply Sat 4 Jan, 2014 07:16 pm
@Roberta,
Oh my GOD, this sound Great!

What channel is it on?
chai2

Reply Sat 4 Jan, 2014 07:21 pm
@chai2,
oooooo.....

I just found it on youtube.

impaled on a toothbrush, you found worms WHERE?, cow feces fiasco, and MORE!

This guy hit a cow, and the cow **** all over him. He's brought into the ER with all this windshield glass and cow **** covering him.....the doctor says "Unfortunately for Barry, cows have a pattern of defecating with high speed and volume."
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Sat 4 Jan, 2014 09:05 pm
@Roberta,
Roberta, you manage to find gold on TV. I had to pass that story along to my son, who was still gasping for air when the line went dead. He has friend who was an ER doc, and would regale the others with similar stories. Do you suppose some folks are just bored, and then when they do dream up something it just turns out so badly, and then all thats left is to entertain the masses.
Roberta

Reply Sun 5 Jan, 2014 12:17 am
@glitterbag,
chai, Not sure about the channel. It could be spike tv. It shows up at different places. I saw the episode with the cow ****. Everywhere!! Not sure about the toothbrush. But there have been worms everywhere. Or the guy who stuck his head in a fish tank. Why? Who the hell knows. Then he has trouble breathing. Why? A live fish is stuck in his throat.

GB, Boredom reigns and ruins. Last night I saw a doozy. A man is brought into the ER. He appears to be having a heart attack. Needs emergency bypass surgery toot sweet. The man wants to wait! Why? His hobby is making sex toys. He's got one stuck up his ass. He was struggling so hard to get it out that his heart gave out. The doctor couldn't get it out until he tried using an obstetric tool. Something gyns use to get babies out. With the toy out, the man had the bypass. And they all lived happily ever after.
glitterbag

Reply Sun 5 Jan, 2014 03:03 am
@Roberta,
Oy, meshuggina
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 5 Jan, 2014 06:54 am
@Roberta,
Quote:
With the toy out, the man had the bypass. And they all lived happily ever after
He was the choir director of his local Lutheran Church. I always thought that Lutherans didn't believe in sex
glitterbag

Reply Sun 5 Jan, 2014 01:03 pm
@farmerman,
I think you are thinking about the Shakers. There is/was a religious order that didn't believe in sex, ergo, no new congregants.

My deceased cousin was a Baptist minister, I was raised Catholic. He was my moms age and I remember her asking him once "why won't Baptists make love standing up?" And of course the answer is "they don't want anyone to think they're dancing". He told Catholic jokes which she enjoyed, but the above joke seemed appropriate for the Lutheran minister with a homemade sex toy in a place where the sun don't shine, y'all.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sun 5 Jan, 2014 01:13 pm
I like Cash Cab but I think it's a bit harsh for people to get kicked out without a penny when they rack up their third strike.
They could at least be allowed to keep the money they've won so far.
Roberta

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2014 03:52 am
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:

Oh my GOD, this sound Great!

What channel is it on?

Found the channel, chai. It's on Discovery Health.
glitterbag

Reply Mon 6 Jan, 2014 04:03 am
@Roberta,
Of course, that makes perfect sense. Why watch brilliant procedures that save people's lives, when you can see stories about apples and oranges halfway up in someones colon.
0 Replies

Abishai100

Reply Sat 11 Jan, 2014 11:45 am
@Roberta,
It's always fruitful to look for eye candy on TV. After all, it's an idiot box available to us for that quest for private daydreaming.

Remember that 1980s American cartoon "Heathcliff" about that mischievous but affable cat with various friends involved in zany stories in suburbia? There were those two darling female cats, Sonja and Cleo, which made you feel like it was clever to simply imagine you had a girlfriend, even if you didn't have one or already did.

I keep a look out for episodes of the imaginarium science-fiction show "Dr. Who" on cable TV these days.
tsarstepan

Reply Sat 11 Jan, 2014 12:02 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:

I like Cash Cab but I think it's a bit harsh for people to get kicked out without a penny when they rack up their third strike.

A free (incomplete) taxi ride is all the losers deserve! Mad
chai2

Reply Sat 11 Jan, 2014 12:07 pm
@tsarstepan,
tsarstepan wrote:

Romeo Fabulini wrote:

A free (incomplete) taxi ride is all the losers deserve! Mad

Seriously.

Who keep the money they made so far if they lose?

What a slacker concept.

0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Sat 8 Feb, 2014 08:10 pm
@Roberta,
I just stumbled on a truly nutty TV show, it's called Wicked Moms or pretty wicked moms. I wrongly assumed it would be another semi-dreadfull crime story, it was worse and can't possibly be true to life, it's a bunch of pampered southern gals who gossip constantly about their friends. OK, that's not the unbelievable part, these women spend all there time and their spouses money making sure they are gorgeous 24/7. I just found it today, for gals who worry so much about their skin and all things necessary to maintain their beauty.....they shot a pix of Queen Bee sleeping (in all her make-up) and later footage while she was shopping and damn, she looked exactly like she did when she was sleeping.

I have to confess there have been a few occasions when Princess Glitterbag has fallen asleep in full "Face", however upon awakening, the fully done 'face'' looks nothing like the 'face' she fell asleep in, but rather more like a homeless person.
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sat 8 Feb, 2014 09:37 pm
I used to like Mythbusters because even though their tests were sloppy and unscientific they were good for a laugh.
But when they accidentally fired a cannonball through a families house the show suddenly wasn't funny any more.
Hey guys, if you really want to get back up the ratings, arrange for one of you to get killed on camera..Smile
glitterbag

Reply Sat 8 Feb, 2014 09:46 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Charming
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 9 Feb, 2014 05:57 am
@glitterbag,
Ive been watching this show "Qmerica Unearthed". Thi guy , who is, sadly, s field scientist. runs around with a preset assumption that the US was peopled by All sorts of pre Columbian folks from Europe, China, Egypt, etc. Several sites he visited are clearly colonial age farm sites that contained granaries or spring houses. In each case the host tries to "prove" that the spring houses were actually "ritual bath pools".
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 9 Feb, 2014 05:59 am
Quote:
Ive been watching this show "Qmerica Unearthed". Thi guy , who is, sadly, s field scientist. runs around with a preset assumption that the US was peopled by All sorts of pre Columbian folks from Europe, China, Egypt, etc. Several sites he visited are clearly colonial age farm sites that contained granaries or spring houses. In each case the host tries to "prove" that the spring houses were actually "ritual bath pools".
0 Replies