I'm writing a book

spendius

Reply Wed 23 Mar, 2011 07:57 am
@farmerman,
You had a haircut last night you said fm when you were stumped by one of my posts. Is it one of your rote learned, repetitive conversational gambits to put people in their rightful place?
farmerman

Reply Wed 23 Mar, 2011 08:10 am
@spendius,
What post would that be? You have so many that are unbelievably unintelligible that being stumped by any single one is difficult to imagine.

You probably do not know it, being held prisoner in your pub and all, but the phrase "I have an Urgent need for a haircut" is metaphorical.
Joe Nation

Reply Wed 23 Mar, 2011 08:25 am
@parados,
No, Castor was the twin brother of Pollux.
The two brothers married the Leucippides, (the "white horse's daughters") Phoebe and Hilaeira, the daughters of a brother of Leucippus ("white horse").

This is a picture of a Phobe,
http://nationalzoo.si.edu/scbi/migratorybirds/featured_photo/images/midpic/eaph7.jpg
I love the way they sing.
A lover of mine and I used to listen to Phoebe Snow sing while we lay quietly on a blanket in the park.
http://i.ytimg.com/vi/0SESmndcKI0/0.jpg

Once a girl sat down on a bench just across from where we were.
She was wearing a very short white dress.

http://www.new-knitting.com/uploads/2011/03/lace-short-dress1.jpg

Joe(and that's all I have to say about beavers.)Nation
spendius

Reply Wed 23 Mar, 2011 08:26 am
@farmerman,
The one where you offered the field to wande. The useless response to my post about trying to read The Bible properly before spouting about it to people who have.

I'm aware that you were employing a metaphor. As someone who never has a haircut I find it difficult to imagine why anybody would go for one. I was referring to you repeating it so soon. And on a thread about writing a book too.

Try "I need to squeeze this blackhead" or somesuch. Leave the involuntary excrementals out though. You have done far too many of them. Was it Io who wondered aloud that you might be obsessed with them. The thought had crossed my mind but I'm too polite to mention such things in company. I know the lengths D.H. Lawrence went to to avoid even alluding to them.

Did you see my "two stools" joke?

I thought you had me on Ignore. That didn't last long did it? 12 hours about. And 5, 9 for me, of sleep deducted.
Gargamel

Reply Wed 23 Mar, 2011 09:00 am
Damn. This thread has turned into the nerdiest bitchfest possible, evoking two rivaling high school lab partners in the parking lot, holding their glasses on with one hand, swinging punches with the other.

Continue!
Rockhead

Reply Wed 23 Mar, 2011 09:06 am
@Gargamel,
<snort>

thanks koolaid...
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Wed 23 Mar, 2011 09:14 am
@spendius,
I might say that it was the post where I tried to give The Bible back to those unfortunates who have had it stolen from them by teachers in public schools for reasons I have already covered.

No doubt I will have to cover them again. But not here. Evolution threads are the right place for distasteful subject matter. Look how distasteful pom felt my simple explanation of elementary eugenics to be. And I was using metaphor too. The scientific eugenicist, the obvious outcome of your educational project, would not be able to understand that my definition of elementary eugenics was a joke. It actually covered the real advanced stuff or, to be more exact, examples of where it takes place. I was only kidding about it being elementary for people I know can't understand why it's advanced and it's the scientific shite that's elementary. To save their face. One needs to know who one is talking to before one speaks without reservations. Those who live in the Dawkinsian world of evolution minus the grubby bits are the ones one needs to be most reserved with. Of either sex.

I'm not having it that microscopes, tissue typing, liquid nitrogen freezing, slow thaws, petri dishes, pipettes and injectors are remotely capable of outwitting ladies. Especially young ones. One might not be able to explain evolution otherwise. Or literature.

That's why I think eugenicists when you have brought them forth into flowering will be an unmitigated disaster. I prefer the Pope's method of starched cotton dresses in Eastertime services. They know what they are doing. They've had enough practice.
0 Replies

George

Reply Wed 23 Mar, 2011 09:22 am
@Gargamel,
Gargamel wrote:
Damn. This thread has turned into the nerdiest bitchfest possible, evoking
two rivaling high school lab partners in the parking lot, holding their glasses
on with one hand, swinging punches with the other.

Continue!

Yeah, but some of it was about Latin.
How cool is that?
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Wed 23 Mar, 2011 05:03 pm
@parados,
Quote:
We ARE talking about breasts.
I knew it !! Thats chicken breast deep fried southern style, right ?
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Wed 23 Mar, 2011 05:04 pm
@hingehead,

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/080/c/8/JUSTIN_BEAVER_by_TheRealJacobBlack.jpg
I'm from the Royal Society for Prevention of Cruelty to Animals and you have some explaining to do fella !
hingehead

Reply Wed 23 Mar, 2011 05:05 pm
@Joe Nation,
Quote:
This is a picture of a Phobe,
http://nationalzoo.si.edu/scbi/migratorybirds/featured_photo/images/midpic/eaph7.jpg

If I had an unreasoning fear of these would I be a phobephobe?
0 Replies

Ionus

Reply Wed 23 Mar, 2011 05:06 pm
@Joe Nation,
Quote:
Once a girl sat down on a bench just across from where we were.
She was wearing a very short white dress.
So what happened next ? Dont leave me up in the air .....
spendius

Reply Wed 23 Mar, 2011 06:18 pm
@Ionus,
That's obvious Io. He shifted his head about to get the best angle. If she didn't help him out she must not have fancied him.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Wed 23 Mar, 2011 06:21 pm
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/080/c/8/JUSTIN_BEAVER_by_TheRealJacobBlack.jpg
I'm from the Royal Society for Prevention of Cruelty to Animals and you have some explaining to do fella !
Can he naw down a tree ?
George

Reply Wed 23 Mar, 2011 06:45 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:
Can he naw down a tree ?

Gnaw
margo

Reply Wed 23 Mar, 2011 07:22 pm
@George,
George wrote:

OmSigDAVID wrote: