Predictions for 2004 anyone?

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2004 01:59 pm
I also think a "centrist" party is the way to go; most are centrist in their politics, and not far right or far left.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2004 06:43 pm
Craven de Kere wrote:
That's like saying the earth will spin.

At least it's not slowing down any more...

Right on schedule for the fifth straight year
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2004 07:41 pm
au1929 wrote:
Bush will get re-elected and the liberals will keep whining about Bush's non-election in 2000.

How can Bush possibly get re-elected? Is the US really that f**king stupid?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2004 07:47 pm
Wilso
Yes.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2004 07:50 pm
Re: Predictions for 2004 anyone?
hobitbob wrote:
-Terrorist attack in US by July. Martial Law declared, elections cancelled "for the duration of the emergency."

-Civil war in Iraq immediately after US names Chalabi President .

-Sharon Regime in Israel launches full scale attacks on Palestinians, Jordan, Egypt retaliate. "Low Yield" nuclear blast destroys Jerusalem.

-US, supporting its ally, launches military operations against Egypt, Syria, Jordan,etc... Administration couches this action in millenial fundy rhetoric. "Battling Islamic Antichrist, etc...."

-Russia, supporting the rest of the UNSC, condemns the actions of the US. Preisdent for Life Bush (or, as he likes to be called, "Our Lord") orders arrest of UN personnell. Summary arrests and executions of Arab Americans begin.

-Dissent is named treason, punishable by death.

-Courts dissolved in favour of tribunal system.

-Legislative branch disbanded in the name of national security. Few senators who resist executed, their bodies hung from lamposts on Capitol Hill.

-Bush orders Russia to removes its forces from the land of Zion.

-Nuclear strike launched at Russia, China.

-In retaliation, Washington, NY, Boston, LA, Denver, etc.. leveled.

-Happy new year.

Sad

And in Raleigh N. Carolina, a bear will pick up his guitar and play just like yesterday.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2004 08:02 pm
Wilso, Unfortunately, "yes." It's scary for the whole world, and we're helpless, because most Americans think GWBush is doing a good job.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2004 09:49 pm
Most people don't really want to delve into political matters, so they judge him on what he says rather than paying attention to what he does. It's sad.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2004 10:09 pm
Eva wrote:
Most people don't really want to delve into political matters, so they judge him on what he says rather than paying attention to what he does. It's sad.

That's even more frightening, since he sounds like such an idiot.
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2004 11:11 pm
the American people have a long history of anti-intellectualism,and of preferring the rude talkers over the "elites." I find this especially ironic since Bush is the epitome of the priveledged elite class.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Fri 2 Jan, 2004 06:46 am
Exactly.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Fri 2 Jan, 2004 07:48 am
I first thought about going to university, because the intelligence of the many college educated Americans on abuzz impressed me so much. Seems it's unfortunately not a quality that extends to the wider US community.

But then, Australians also elected a total f**king arsehole. So it seems we've got the same problem here.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 2 Jan, 2004 03:16 pm
Yep, a bunch of Walmart-shoppin', Nascar watchin', Budweiser drinkin', dumb asses who made the wealthiest, most technologically advanced society the world has ever known. It's a shame Americans are so stoopid...
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 2 Jan, 2004 03:17 pm
McGentrix it sure is....think of what we COULD accomplish.....
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Fri 2 Jan, 2004 03:23 pm
Actualy, McGentrix, you and you bretheren were the manual labour that allowed the thinking classes to achieve this accomplishment. Not quite the same, is it? You are kept in line by a steady supply of fatty foods, cheap beer, and cable tv. Thses aren't things I would be overly proud of.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 2 Jan, 2004 03:30 pm
Youch...go 'head on hobitbob..... Razz
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Fri 2 Jan, 2004 03:34 pm
Sorry, being facetious in return.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 2 Jan, 2004 03:44 pm
hobitbob wrote:
Sorry, being facetious in return.

*phew!* I am sure glad of that!

Even a lower classed American is generally better educated and wealthier than 75% of the rest of the world.

Of course I just made that up, but it could be true...
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Fri 2 Jan, 2004 03:46 pm
As a memebr of the lower class, you would know. You do badly need to be more subservient to you betters, i.e. everyone else who isn't you. Wink
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 2 Jan, 2004 03:50 pm
I am far too wealthy and educated to be considered "lower class". Besides, us "true Americans" will be around far after you liberals have been banished.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 2 Jan, 2004 03:51 pm
McGentrix wrote:
I am far too wealthy and educated to be considered "lower class". Besides, us "true Americans" will be around far after you liberals have been banished.

like cockroaches.....
0 Replies