ossobuco

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2011 08:03 pm
@ossobuco,
DD is not necessarily a lame failure in failing to follow rules.

Just because you can follow them doesn't make it universal.

In the mean time, she is trying.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2011 09:04 pm
DD puts herself in such a bad light, I'm going to assume she doesn't just come here for sympathy. In other words, she did not throw catsup at customers, she dropped it on the on the counter in front of her. She is relaying her manager's characterization of the act. Had she thrown anything at a customer, she would likely have been fired on the spot.

It's hard to read what is written, instead of what we expect to have been written, isn't it?
Butrflynet

Reply Fri 4 Mar, 2011 09:52 pm
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:

Has it ever been determined if she has aspergers?

She has said several times in other threads that she's been officially diagnosed as Borderline.

Here's where:

http://able2know.org/topic/163808-2#post-4490587

and here's her second confirming diagnosis:

http://able2know.org/topic/163808-2#post-4497705

Here's info on it for those interested:

http://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/publications/borderline-personality-disorder-fact-sheet/index.shtml

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Borderline_personality_disorder

chai2

Reply Sat 5 Mar, 2011 08:06 am
@roger,
roger wrote:

DD puts herself in such a bad light, I'm going to assume she doesn't just come here for sympathy. In other words, she did not throw catsup at customers, she dropped it on the on the counter in front of her. She is relaying her manager's characterization of the act. Had she thrown anything at a customer, she would likely have been fired on the spot.

It's hard to read what is written, instead of what we expect to have been written, isn't it?

I'm not concerned about the catsup incident. **** happens, you're in a rush, you do something slight in an offhand manner.

I'm trying to understand and get a basis for why she puts this in the same catagory as (in her words) yelling that someone's credit card has been declined.

0 Replies

dirrtydozen22

Reply Sat 5 Mar, 2011 08:06 am
@chai2,
A credit card is when the bank pays for your purchases and you have to pay it back in full in a month to avoid interest (14-25%) They also have credit limits each month. If a credit card been declined, they might have exceeded their limit or for some reason, card got cancelled. I did apologize to management for the credit card thing and I just wanna know how come these 2 incidents were handled differently. Was it cuz the ketchup thing was at McD's and the credit card was at BK?
dirrtydozen22

Reply Sat 5 Mar, 2011 08:08 am
@Butrflynet,
I have Borderline AND Aspergers. The Borderline makes me crazy and do things that I KNOW are wrong. The Aspergers make me violate SMALL social rules that others have forgiven.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Sat 5 Mar, 2011 08:11 am
@dirrtydozen22,
No, it was because the ketchup thing was very small and the credit card thing was very large. Embarrassing a customer in the middle of a checkout line could cause the customer to never come to the store again. On the 1-10 scale of bad customer service, ketchup=1, credit card=7,
chai2

Reply Sat 5 Mar, 2011 08:15 am
@Butrflynet,
butrfly, thanks for the link with the definition.

I see the credit card thing as an act of impulsive aggression.
0 Replies

dirrtydozen22

Reply Sat 5 Mar, 2011 08:16 am
@engineer,
This also happened at McD's. I believe that to be an 8, but idk. But yeah, now I get that credit card is the worse incident than the ketchup.

I alternate between cash registers and lobby and another girl alternate between drive thru and registers. That means we both share the same drawer. However, it had my name on it and it ended up short several bucks. There also was a coupon from out of town that we don't accept. Anyhow, in front of a customer, I practically shouted to a coworker, "I am so pissed! My drawer was short several bucks and I ain't even the only one on that register that had MY name. And I did NOT accept that coupon. It was [that other girl!]"

The person in charge just said to keep it down and that it's not a big deal. She didn't write me up or anything. In fact, the moment my bytching was over, that incident was over (forgiven.) And the next day was good as new.
PUNKEY

Reply Sat 5 Mar, 2011 08:19 am
Again - I say, DD, you seemed to get stressed out working with people.

Can you find another job, perhaps working with animals or plants? computer work or stocking?

It seems you continue to have problems when interacting with people - then seem so perplexed about the reaction of others to your actions.

Why do you insist on working in jobs that EXAGGERATE your shortcomings?

Find out your strengths - and get in a place where you are appreciated.

Stop setting yourself up!!!
chai2

Reply Sat 5 Mar, 2011 08:19 am
@dirrtydozen22,
dirrtydozen22 wrote:

This also happened at McD's. I believe that to be an 8, but idk. But yeah, now I get that credit card is the worse incident than the ketchup.

This explains a lot dirty dozen.

That fact that you could see the ketchup episode as an 8 on a scale of 1 to 10.

dirrtydozen22

Reply Sat 5 Mar, 2011 08:21 am
@chai2,
ketchup, according to engineer, was a 1. credit card, 7. The incident w/ my cash register being short, 8. sry, shoulda made myself more clear Smile
dirrtydozen22

Reply Sat 5 Mar, 2011 08:27 am
@PUNKEY,
Management didn't make a big deal or the cash register incident and the ketchup thing, at least. Neither counted against me. Ok course, both were at the same place.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Sat 5 Mar, 2011 08:57 am
@dirrtydozen22,
dirrtydozen22 wrote:

ketchup, according to engineer, was a 1. credit card, 7. The incident w/ my cash register being short, 8. sry, shoulda made myself more clear Smile

No, the cash register incident is more like a three. While your making a scene at the front counter might have been distracting, the customers probably just chuckled to themselves about the interesting things they see at McD and went on. As for the drawer being short a couple of dollars, that happens all the time. I was a crew trainer at a McD many years ago and no drawer comes out even. (You should never share drawers, so I don't know what's going on there.)

The real difference is that management could understand that you were upset about being blamed for the drawer if you weren't responsible, but the credit card thing really smacks of intentionally embarrassing the customer. While I accept that was not your intent, a lot of people seeing that from the outside would say "WTF! Who does that girl think she is!" Management can't have customers saying that or thinking that that is the way your store does business.
dirrtydozen22

Reply Sat 5 Mar, 2011 09:00 am
@engineer,
Well, it's just that Y!A said I'm lucky I didn't get sent home and that something shoulda happened to me. lol. But I completely understand now. I got the most reliable stuff from this site.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Sat 5 Mar, 2011 11:49 am
I don't think having a credit card declined is embarrassing.

Here's some of the reasons mine has been declined:

Suspicious activity -- I got a card to use specifically for a job where I traveled all the time. After using the card in six cities in three weeks the card company was worried something was amiss. They put a notice on the card to make sure I was safe.

Unusual activity -- I hadn't used the card in months and then started using it again. They wanted to make sure it wasn't stolen.

Non-use -- I activated it and then never used it. They assumed I lost it.

People usually know when they've reached the limit on the card.

DD -- next time somebody's card is declined (and there will be a next time) say that you understand there are all kind of reasons that a card can be canceled, usually for the cardholder's protection. Offer to get the manager. Usually the payer will just find a different way to pay you.
chai2

Reply Sat 5 Mar, 2011 03:07 pm
@boomerang,
You're right, having a credit card declined is not necessarily embarrassing. What dd did was...

"customer's credit card had been declined and I shouted it out bc I didn't know what to do. "

THAT would be Very Embarrassing.

Remember the scene in Terms of Endearment when John Lithgow comes to the rescue of Debra Winger?

It was right after the cashier yells out "CAN I GET A MANAGER OVER HERE? SHE DOESN'T HAVE ENOUGH MONEY."

Sure your card can be declined for other reasons, but the other people within earshot don't know that.

I am absolutely sure that if I was standing in line behind someone, and the cashier yelled out that the customers credit card was declined, I would immediately say "I cannot BELIEVE you just did that."
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Sat 5 Mar, 2011 03:09 pm
@boomerang,
boomerang wrote:

People usually know when they've reached the limit on the card.

Yeah, unless you're one of the one's that don't.

There's a lot of people that are living close enough to the edge that they've got their fingers crossed there's still enough credit, or that the payment they sent in has been posted.

0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Sat 5 Mar, 2011 05:27 pm
I had my card declined when I was in Mexico. I hadn't informed the bank I would be travelling. Very awkward.
roger

Reply Sat 5 Mar, 2011 05:33 pm
@Ceili,
Oh, that. I had a charge declined when I ordered from New Zealand. What's up with that? New Zealand isn't Nigeria, fer cryin' out loud. CC company claimed they tried to verify the charge, but my caller ID told me the only call they made was about an hour after I started raising a fuss with them. I dropped the card, by the way. I don't have a high tolerance for being lied to.
0 Replies