Temper, temper.....

Linkat

Reply Wed 23 Feb, 2011 04:54 pm
Now granted, I've dealt and I'm sure we all have dealt with snobbing sales people, but would you swear and tear up a store because of it?

Customer asked: Will the cake have “fondue” icing? “Fondant,” the clerk corrected her. Didn't know them are fighting words.

The customer’s friend, fired back: “Fondue, fondant, who gives a (expletive). You’ve had an attitude the whole time,”

After the clerk told Bogues to “relax,” Bogues responded: “I will kill you, (expletive). ... I will ... find you and I will kill you,”

Bogues then used her TJMaxx bag to knock over a counter-top lollipop arrangement, cops said. And then, on her way out, she knocked over another display case, according to police.
Police caught up with Bogues and her pal minutes later, about a block away from the shop.

Bogues, who told police the incident was an accident, was arrested and charged with being a disorderly person, assault, threats to commit a crime, assault and battery with a dangerous weapon and malicious damage to property.

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/regional/view/2011_0223stop_at_sweet_shop_turns_sour_customer_charged_in_fight_over_icing/srvc=home&position=0

ossobuco

Reply Wed 23 Feb, 2011 04:58 pm
@Linkat,
Ah, the home of some neato procedurals.

I hope there will be some recourse besides sending her up.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Wed 23 Feb, 2011 05:00 pm
mmmmmmmm, fondant fondue
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 23 Feb, 2011 05:02 pm
@Linkat,
Wonder why the article was so detailed on the bag - as in TJMaxx bag. Maybe to point out they were not of the normal caliber of customers in said shop and therefore why the snobby attitude toward these poor mistreated customers.
djjd62

Reply Wed 23 Feb, 2011 05:06 pm
@Linkat,
yeah, i usually use a reusable Zehr's grocery store bag when i beat a customer service rep (their bags are really well made)
0 Replies

Irishk

Reply Wed 23 Feb, 2011 05:13 pm
@Linkat,
I thought mentioning the bag was odd, too. Still, the story is funny until it gets to the death threat part...oof! I'm thinking that clerk won't be correcting any more customers for a while..."You want fondue on your cake? We can do that!"
Linkat

Reply Thu 24 Feb, 2011 07:27 am
@Irishk,
It was fun just reading the hundreds of comments about the article.

I couldn't believe that the comments ended up being all about race instead of the fact that a young clerk was threatened.
Irishk

Reply Thu 24 Feb, 2011 09:00 am
@Linkat,
I missed the comments! I was laughing at the mental picture of the lady whacking the place with her TJMaxx bag and at the same time trying to conjure up a reason someone would react that way to a simple word correction. I do my share of shopping and I've never seen anyone get that angry. One thing that stuck out is what her friend said to the clerk about 'having an attitude from the beginning'. Huh? If they didn't like it, why did they stay and do business there?
Linkat

Reply Thu 24 Feb, 2011 10:53 am
@Irishk,
Exactly - if I was given attitude like that (assuming the clerk had all along) - I'd just walk out and tell her I'm taking my business elsewhere or ask to talk to a manager/owner.

And I've done that.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Thu 24 Feb, 2011 01:21 pm
You know, I'm not going to defend this person at all for what she did, but I have encountered (as we all have) some pretty snotty sales people.

No, it's not an excuse, but I'm not convinced that the sales person wasn't uber snotty when correcting her, and that perhaps she HAD been a snot from the get go.

I will admit I have had the feeling like a firecracker going off in my head when some clerk has pulled the wrong string one too many times during a transaction.

The words "I'm going to kill you" are regretable. That was bad. So was the extreme of pushing displays over. However, depending on the situation, I could see a customer slamming down something when done with dealing with a snotty clerk, venting a little steam, and storming out.
Linkat

Reply Thu 24 Feb, 2011 01:51 pm
@chai2,
Exactly - you can understand the feeling, but normal adults do not threaten lives and destruct property because of it.

Instead do like I do and trash them on places like this.
Linkat

Reply Thu 24 Feb, 2011 01:52 pm
@Linkat,
Well at least she should learn when going to "upscale" places do not carry a TJMaxx bag!
chai2

Reply Thu 24 Feb, 2011 04:14 pm
@Linkat,
I wonder if this woman's middle name was Wayne?
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Thu 24 Feb, 2011 04:15 pm
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:

Exactly - you can understand the feeling, but normal adults do not threaten lives and destruct property because of it.

Instead do like I do and trash them on places like this.

linky, some days I feel as though you and I are the only normal ones....and quite frankly I wonder about you. Cool
Linkat

Reply Thu 24 Feb, 2011 05:11 pm
@chai2,
Yeah normal - it is quite a sad day for society when one considers me normal.

Do you know I often times catch me talking out loud to myself and then I start cracking up because I realize this. People do tend to take a wide girth around me during those moments.
0 Replies

laughoutlood

Reply Thu 24 Feb, 2011 07:04 pm
@Linkat,
this aint nothing compared with what happens on A2K english language threads

but credit where credit is due that tjmaxx reference was pure journalistic artistry
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Fri 25 Feb, 2011 04:07 pm
I kind of like when someone corrects my pronunciation. I'd rather someone do it, than have me constantly sounding like an idiot. I usually say thanks and get them to repeat it just to make sure I caught it the first time.
JTT

Reply Sat 26 Feb, 2011 11:01 pm
@Ceili,
How come you get your knickers all in a twist when it's pointed up that you are mistaken on a language issue or the number of cows in Alberta, Ceili? Smile
Ceili

Reply Sat 26 Feb, 2011 11:19 pm
@JTT,
I don't think I was wrong on the english front, many people agreed with me. Those who didn't, didn't beat the issue to death, which you routinely do, on every issue you feel inclined to jump in on.
I did admit I was wrong on the cow front. I then looked up the stats and found you were wrong too. I didn't notice an admission of your incorrectness either, in fact do you ever?
Again, I didn't realize I was going to be followed around by the a2k fact checker on every point and you did miss the point on the cow thing, as per usual. On almost every thread you participate in, you beat the issues to death and it's normally not even what people are discussing. You make it about you or your issues.
I don't know what it must be like to live your life, but I'd imagine you haven't got much of one or it's terribly lonely, or else you'd find other ways to communicate with people other than insinuating your smug opinions ad naseum and insulting anyone you feel has crossed some imaginary boundary.
You can take that any way you want. You can continue to insult me. I don't care.
I am able to maintain friendships and pleasant conversations. I hope one day you can too.
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Sat 26 Feb, 2011 11:22 pm
linkat says:
Quote:
Do you know I often times catch me talking out loud to myself and then I start cracking up because I realize this

Just do what everybody else does--put your hand to your ear and pretend you're talking on your Bluetooth headset on your cellphone.