I Am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Angry!

sozobe

Reply Mon 21 Feb, 2011 11:25 am
@ehBeth,
Yep, I had the same thought.

Sorry that happened, Arella! I see why you're so mad.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 21 Feb, 2011 11:39 am
ty BBB and Sozobe. Once the land is posted then the law could step in. But we would hate to call the law on relatives. Johnny will make sure signs get posted on our property and Joe is supposed to post them on his property. Johnny said he does not think this will happen again but I am skeptical. It's the second time it has happened.
sozobe

Reply Mon 21 Feb, 2011 11:44 am
@Arella Mae,
I was agreeing with ehBeth's comment about covering the vet bill for JJ's hoof...
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Mon 21 Feb, 2011 12:12 pm
@Arella Mae,
Sounds like Johnny should request that Joe's kids pay off your vet bill by doing some work around the horse barn. A few days of shoveling manure from the barn and moving hay bales from one side to the other should be adequate.
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Mon 21 Feb, 2011 01:07 pm
@Arella Mae,
What has been the counterreaction from the offending kid? Is he even slightly repentant? Or has he been resentful for being caught? How does he view the horses? Is/was he even concerned about their health (pre or postincident)?
Arella Mae

Reply Mon 21 Feb, 2011 05:43 pm
@tsarstepan,
It was a woman and her two children on the four wheeler. I only saw Joe when I went up there so I don't even know where they were. Johnny said Joe did seem to understand how dangerous that situation was. Joe has never seen me quite like that and he figured I was pretty scared and mad all at the same time. JJ's hoof is going to have to be trimmed so that was the only casualty other than my calf being pulled a bit and a bruise on my arm.

It was nowhere near as bad as it could have been and hopefully, now Joe understands and it won't happen again. What can you do though ---- Rednecks!
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Tue 22 Feb, 2011 09:24 am
maybe a compromise solution. educate your animals to not be so skitish with the 4 wheeler around, gradually introduce the 4 wheeler to their lives bring feed on it. Get the riders to help ride over and help groom and feed thehorses.
Educating horses to be calm in the face of traffic and loud noises would be a could and safety related thing for both you and them.

win win.
Arella Mae

Reply Tue 22 Feb, 2011 11:41 am
@dadpad,
That is a good idea. I'll see if maybe I can get Joe to bring it over and we can work with the horses so they won't be frightened.
0 Replies