Houston Police shown beating suspect

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 5 Feb, 2011 10:50 am
Doctored videos are discovered and dealt with appropriately. The courts always give the cops so much benefit of doubt that they rarely pay for transgressions, actual or contrived.
ABE5177

Reply Sat 5 Feb, 2011 01:33 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

Doctored videos are discovered and dealt with appropriately. The courts always give the cops so much benefit of doubt that they rarely pay for transgressions, actual or contrived.

wtf is a contrived transgression, do you speak english??
JTT

Reply Sat 5 Feb, 2011 01:48 pm
@ABE5177,
Quote:
do you speak english??

That's more than a little hilarious coming from you, Abe.
ABE5177

Reply Sat 5 Feb, 2011 01:53 pm
@JTT,
I cant type but I sure can ask do you know what the **** is a

contrived

transgression?????

what edgie boy said
0 Replies

ABE5177

Reply Sat 5 Feb, 2011 01:59 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

so i want to knwo what is a contrived transgression
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 5 Feb, 2011 02:03 pm
@ABE5177,
Screw off if that's all you've got to say.
Ionus

Reply Sat 5 Feb, 2011 05:40 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
That act so antagonized and worked up the cop to an uncontrollable rage
Or the job got the better of him from many previous experiences. Ever removed a dead child from a vehicle where a drunk driver wiped out a family except for one sole survivor ?

If that cop was a Public Servant and had a paper cut he would have been home on stress leave.
Ionus

Reply Sat 5 Feb, 2011 05:43 pm
Once upon a time in prison, if you were a bad convict, you got beaten up. Now prisoners run the gaols and other prisoners are worse off than if the guards ran it.

Pain is an important part of the learning experience. Show me an animal that learns a valuable lesson quickly without pain ?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 5 Feb, 2011 06:04 pm
Everybody is allowed a say, even the ones whose posts I don't read.
edgarblythe

Reply Sat 5 Feb, 2011 07:10 pm
Fortunately, the authorities don't dismiss out of hand every video turned in on the grounds that many are inconclusive or fraudulent. Every bit of evidence needs to be examined until the truth is determined. Some of the cops in my video were fired the same day the video was viewed. Others were disciplined. I think two fired cops were given their jobs back. The recipient of the beating was tried for his crime and found guilty. There are probably three or more lawsuits pending. I need to check it out to be sure my memory is reasonably accurate.
0 Replies

wayne

Reply Sun 6 Feb, 2011 02:37 am
@Ionus,
Ionus wrote:

Quote:
That act so antagonized and worked up the cop to an uncontrollable rage
Or the job got the better of him from many previous experiences. Ever removed a dead child from a vehicle where a drunk driver wiped out a family except for one sole survivor ?

If that cop was a Public Servant and had a paper cut he would have been home on stress leave.

Sounds like you are saying some criminal acts are justified by unrelated circumstances. Is that for everyone or just the police, how bout soldiers. Or survivors of bear attacks.
Ionus

Reply Sun 6 Feb, 2011 03:30 am
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
Everybody is allowed a say, even the ones whose posts I don't read.
How would you feel if the Police were as unreceptive to listening as you are ?
Ionus

Reply Sun 6 Feb, 2011 03:34 am
@wayne,
Quote:
Sounds like you are saying some criminal acts are justified by unrelated circumstances.
You have already set yourself up as a judge and jury. What is an unrelated circumstance ? Where is they line draw betweeen a cop who needs help and one who should be gaoled ?

Quote:
Is that for everyone or just the police, how bout soldiers. Or survivors of bear attacks.
It is true for everyone, even bears that attack people.
wayne

Reply Sun 6 Feb, 2011 03:50 am
@Ionus,
Let me be direct, Are you saying that some criminal acts are justified?
Or have I misunderstood your previous post.
Ionus

Reply Sun 6 Feb, 2011 03:56 am
@wayne,
Let me be direct...sitting in an ivory tower pandering to the hippy elements every idea for a law is one way but not the sensible way. We used to have Police who walked on foot with lumps of wood...and you know what ? It was a lot better system. People were locked up for drunkeness and swearing in public. Now we have all the old women who get a cheap thrill when someone says ****, demanding anti-social behaviour be legal. Police put up with a lot, and I for one am prepared to turn a blind eye if they beat the odd one or two.
aidan

Reply Sun 6 Feb, 2011 04:01 am
@Ionus,
What?!! What if the odd one or two happened to be your son or daughter?

The man who stomped on that man's head and kicked him throughout the video needs to be off the streets and kept out of any position in which he has power over other people.

Some people ENJOY hurting other people. They will take any excuse. Any person who can stomp on another person's head like that is sick.
Ionus

Reply Sun 6 Feb, 2011 04:10 am
@aidan,
Quote:
What?!! What if the odd one or two happened to be your son or daughter?
I don't think my kids would flee from Police. If you take drugs and drive, if you commit crimes and shoot at Police or flee to avoid capture then I have no problem with them being enthusiastically arrested.

Quote:
Some people ENJOY hurting other people. They will take any excuse. Any person who can stomp on another person's head like that is sick.
A Police Officer who does it all the time is sick and needs psychological help. Why do you distinguish between a train driver who has problems and a Police Officer ? Why don't we put anyone who has mental health issues in goal ? Oh, that's right...we used to do that didn't we...it didn't work.

Why don't you work as a Police Officer ? You could enter an apartment where some crack whore died from an overdose and her baby starved to death. You could get your best friend shot dead and watch the guilty walk free. You could learn about how other cops are taking money. I am sure you would make a fine cop. You could moan about how brutal your fellow officers are.....

There has never been an incident where a whistle blower was not far worse off by the time the dust settled. But give it a go....
wayne

Reply Sun 6 Feb, 2011 04:18 am
@Ionus,
There are a lot of problems result from that.
While I can understand, even empathize. This is antithetical to the purpose of law enforcement.
It can only produce, and has done, a society of distrust. Where criminals are more likely to respond to authority with violence.

It's pretty easy to fantasize about tammany hall, but the truth wasn't so great.
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Sun 6 Feb, 2011 04:21 am
@Ionus,
Oh well, good for you then.
So how about kids like my best friend's son who's a sweet, gentle fifteen year old boy who got caught up in drugs and a bad crowd, was stopped in a car where there were drugs, panicked and tried to run away and had to be chased down by police

Should they have watched Josh get hit by a car and then just for good measure stomp the hell out of his head while he was lying prone on the ground just for the hell of it?

I have no trouble with police officers. I know the vast majority of them NEVER use undue force and deal with their jobs and the people they see every day with forebearance and decency.

I'm talking about THIS man- the one who stomped on that man's head and kicked him into submission like he was a dog. Or less than. I wouldn't even treat my dog like he treated that man.

If you're in a job and you are viewing the people you work with as punching bags on which to release all your frustrations with the job - get the hell out.

And you don't even know what you're talking about. I go into a classroom, a woman alone, with murderers, drug dealers, pedophiles, arsonists, rapists, etc. every single day with nothing between me and them but a panic button.

You want to talk about seeing and listening to despair on the job every single day? Yeah - but I can do it without abusing my students - no matter what it is they've done. And if I were a cop and I felt the need to stomp someone's head in - on the job or off - I'd take myself off that job.
And if I saw someone else do it - I'd get them taken off the job.

People are not less than animals. We don't treat animals like that - and people shouldn't be treated like that and I don't care who they've robbed - it could even have been me- I wouldn't want to see the people in charge of keeping our streets safe abuse any citizen like that and get away with it.
Ionus

Reply Sun 6 Feb, 2011 07:26 am
@aidan,
I know people who have said their dog would never attack anyone, yet we have had several fatal dog attacks around these parts in recent years. If people dont think their dog will do harm (too much like themselves ???) what hope do they have of accepting their child will do harm ?

How much responsibility should selectors bear ? They may well think a person is unsuitable, but they are short staffed. The Police psychologist may want to pull a person off beat duty, but higher-ups need the manpower.

Fellow officers should have stopped the attack. How much responsibility should they bare ?

How much responsibility should criminals in general bear ? Would you like to arrest a **** thrower, a biter, a spiter or a HIV addict with a needle ?

Part of the casualties in this "war" are the Police. Pain is a natural learning device. Why cant we use it ? What would we do to a soldier who lost it ?

We have now reached the stage where people are locked up and the criminals roam free. If they are put in gaol, we have to pay for them to do nothing...perhaps do an education course...whilst a good men outside prison struggles to get ahead because we wont pay for him to study for free. The prisoner probably gets to watch a TV after being arrested for stealing a TV from the good man who never gets it back.....he has to work to get another one.

And you are complaining if someone loses their temper ? I am surprised it is not more common.

Quote:
And you don't even know what you're talking about.
Are you certain ?