SNOWPOCALYPSE 2011!!!!

plainoldme

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2011 07:18 am
@Irishk,
I worry when I am behind a loaded truck.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2011 07:23 am
It's just a mess here. It snows, it gets warm, the snow melts, it gets cold and we have sheets of ice rather than streets and yards, it snows some more, then it warms up and rains, then it gets cold--we had more than 24 hours of rain, and just a while ago, when i looked outside, it was snowing.
ehBeth

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2011 07:27 am
@Setanta,
It snowed most of the drive in. The Don River looks like it's about to breach its banks. The storm sewers are at capacity from the rain.

On the upside, my new umbrella is gorgeous!
Setanta

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2011 08:50 am
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:
On the upside, my new umbrella is gorgeous!

Eet eez mor eemportant to look good than to feel good . . . an' Darlin' you look mahvahlous ! ! !
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2011 09:02 am
@Irishk,
Irishk wrote:

Wow...snow explosion...

Technically, that's a "snowsplosion."
Irishk

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2011 12:59 pm
@joefromchicago,
Scarysplodysnow!
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Mon 14 Mar, 2011 10:30 am
I washed my wool skirts yesterday because it is just about halfway through March and, if I don't start putting away winter clothes, the task will go on into the fall. I put them outside on racks to dry. This morning, while rinsing the coffee maker, I noticed specks on the deck that meant something wet was coming out of the sky. Grrrr. I wanted to wash my wool slacks today . . . after all, I can wear long johns under my cotton slacks if it gets cold enough. I looked up. It's snow! But, as the ground and the deck are warm, the snow melts as soon as it hits. I did, however, collapse the racks and put them in the garage. Tomorrow is another day . . . hopefully, without snow.

I will wash my down jacket this week. It usually isn't needed after mid-March unless we have a snow hurricane like we did 15 years ago.
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Mon 14 Mar, 2011 01:07 pm
We've had more snow here this year than any other in recorded history. Well over a metre and a half or something in the neighbourhood of 1.6 m - almost 5'3" of snow. Unfreaken believeable. It's just sitting out there, waiting to melt... We are going to have some big puddles this year and the roads with be potholes from hell - lunar landscape..
plainoldme

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2011 12:21 am
@Ceili,
There was a pothole which resembled a trench on one of the roads I regularly drive. It was filled in almost immediately because the city couldn't leave the barrels over it more than a day.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 20 Mar, 2011 04:10 pm
Snow forecast for next week. Might make for some good photos what with the crocuses and snowdrops blanketed in an inch of snow.
0 Replies