tips to hook her up?

fummy

Reply Wed 26 Jan, 2011 04:41 pm
1 of my mates wants me to hook her up wiv sum1, but i don't know any1. can any1 give me any ideas what she can do to grab attention of the boys in college, or talk to them? i really want to help her but i dnt know wat to do. she's really shy n quiet, n she doesn't talk to any1 unless they talk to her first. n she's really pretty n sweet.

MonaLeeza

Reply Wed 26 Jan, 2011 06:05 pm
@fummy,
i fink u av more importan fings t worry bout ....like learning to write.
PUNKEY

Reply Wed 26 Jan, 2011 07:28 pm
fummy - how old are you and the mate and this gal?
0 Replies

fummy

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2011 10:32 am
@MonaLeeza,
yh n i fink u shud learn how to write ur name prorerly... MONA LISA. stay inside the frame u belong inside it not outside it OK
Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2011 10:37 am
@fummy,
fummy wrote:

yh n i fink u shud learn how to write ur name prorerly... MONA LISA. stay inside the frame u belong inside it not outside it OK

Nah - Leeza is right. If you can't be bothered to put together intelligible sentences, you won't find a lot of help here.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2011 12:31 pm
@fummy,
Ok, I don't know what is wrong with these other people who have ignored your question in order to point out that you are not intelligent enough to write properly. I won't do that. I will give you an answer that you can take back to your friend.

Have her run naked through the campus in between classes. This will grab the attention of most all the straight males she happens to encounter. She may wish to paint her phone number in large print on her back so that the admiring male students can write it down once she passes them, thus ensuring they will have contact info.

Let me know how it works out for her.
Setanta

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2011 12:44 pm
I'm glad to see, CR, that you took this young man's question seriously, and gave him a thoughtful, helpful reply. What a mensch ! ! !
CoastalRat

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2011 01:01 pm
@Setanta,
It was the least I could do Set. My first thought of having him write her name and number in all the college restrooms seemed a bit immature and quite frankly would not have had the same impact.
0 Replies

fummy

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2011 03:47 pm
@CoastalRat,
oh fank u very much for this wonderful idea im sure ur mama must have used this tactic in her college days n ur papa had fallen for her.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2011 03:51 pm
@fummy,
What prevents you from writing and spelling correctly? Laziness or lack of ability?

Cycloptichorn
ossobuco

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2011 03:58 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
I'm calling it 'texting brain', which is a relatively new phenomenon that affects many. I think the next step might be phonetic spelling. After that, who can really say. Years ago, it was a key question whether or not you dream in color. Now I wonder if people dream in textspeak.

As to the thread problem, shy people can learn to interact with people more readily, but it can take a while. I have no real advice except to help her get interested in what makes other people engaged in their lives, not so that she becomes just like them, but to get to know and have empathy for others. Not that I say she doesn't have empathy, but shyness can be a block to engaging with others.
fummy

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2011 04:20 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
what is your ******* problem who the **** is talking to you jus **** off ok
MontereyJack

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2011 04:36 pm
that's not going to get a reasonable answer either, fummy. Each forum operates differently--this one uses standard English and spelling. If you use some variety of teenspeak you won't get far.

The old advice of go where the boys are, works. What's your friend interested in? What kind of organizations that she can join are there on campus? Pick something she likes, go to a meeting, work on a project that group is working on. Smile at someone, ask someone something about what the group is doing, or thinks.Help out with the little jobs. Build up a common body of interest and experience.. Do it repeatedly. Someone, maybe the first person, maybe the tenth, she talks to is likely to take an interest back.
MonaLeeza

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2011 04:37 pm
@fummy,
fummy wrote:

Congratulations - that's the funniest thing I've read on here for weeks.
0 Replies

MonaLeeza

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2011 04:48 pm
@ossobuco,
Quote:
I'm calling it 'texting brain', which is a relatively new phenomenon that affects many

But not all. I just showed the original post to my 15yo (a prolific texter) and she said no one she knows writes like that. And because the phone tries to predict what word you're writing you have to spell it correctly or the phone won't find it. So I think texting might actually have improved her spelling....not that I don't have other problems with it.
0 Replies

fummy

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2011 05:04 pm
@MontereyJack,
thanks for the advice. but why are all these poeple being rude to me for no reason?
HFgulliver

Reply Fri 28 Jan, 2011 12:19 am
@fummy,
Mostly because your different, and I think this is a collection of reasonably well educated people that dont exactly have a high regard for people who arent as learned. I dont mean to criticize, but you do seem to have a texting brain or IM-ing as it may be.
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Fri 28 Jan, 2011 06:34 am
@fummy,
Quote:
oh fank u very much for this wonderful idea im sure ur mama must have used this tactic in her college days n ur papa had fallen for her.

Ah, how sweet. The classic "your momma" response. Ya gotta do better than that silly if you're gonna rile someone up around here.

Quote:

You came here to talk to us, remember? If you want Cy or anyone else to, well, go away, maybe you should just skip asking us for help next time.

Quote:
but why are all these poeple being rude to me for no reason?

Let me count the ways. 1st, you come here asking for our advice, but you do so by either being too lazy or too stupid to take the time to spell properly. Hard to take you seriously when you don't take us seriously.

2nd, you seem to lack any sense of humor. As with any question asked here, you are going to get many kinds of responses, depending on the question. You tend to get more serious responses when you use proper spelling in your question. But you need to take the ridiculous with the serious. Responding as you have to myself and others for their posts will not endear you to anyone and will probably get you more silly answers. So lighten up.

Anyway, good luck getting tips to hook up some girl you know with a college guy. Since you seem to think she may not like my first suggestion, you may want to try handing out pamphlets on campus with her picture, name and phone number. That would get guys to notice her.

Oh, or better yet, maybe she could actually go up to guys and just say hello and smile. Has she ever thought about that? Gosh, it is the simple things that start a relationship. But hey, I'd still at least let her know about the nude dash through campus idea. She might like it better than you did.
Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 28 Jan, 2011 10:11 am
@fummy,
fummy wrote:

You get what you give in life. When you're on the internet, your spelling and grammar are the only way you have to describe yourself to us; to give something. When you are too lazy to do that it makes it difficult to read and understand what you want.

When you give little you will get little. When you give a lot you will get a lot. You want something from people here - advice - but aren't willing to give what's necessary to get it.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Fri 28 Jan, 2011 10:56 am
Sometimes I think these crazy threads are the works of MrHunt.
0 Replies