Reply Wed 26 Jan, 2011 02:02 pm
I started my period on Jan8th. I had unprotexted sex on Jan 23rd, 24th & today Jan 26th. Am I @ risk for pregnancy? Was/Am I fertile ? I don't know how to figure this out, I'm scared. Sorry
Scared ...

Ragman

Reply Wed 26 Jan, 2011 02:18 pm
@Morgan2010,
You do realize that this about the middle of your menstrual cycle (14 days after the period ends), you apparently had unprotected sex around the PEAK time of fertility and start of ovulation. But you know all about this, don't you?

Why not take a couple of those FREE pregnancy tests and see what they indicate? That's the first thing I would do if I were you! Why not do that first - before asking online?

The Dynamics of Fertility"
A woman's fertile period during her menstrual cycle, on average, lasts about 7 days. However, the most fertile period consists of the few days before ovulation. There are a number of reasons why this is the most fertile time. First of all, the amount of cervical fluid increases - and the consistency of the mucus changes substantially (from being sticky and cloudy to becoming transparent, white, and slippery). The purpose of this change is to create a healthy medium for the sperm to survive and travel in. Given a fertile environment, sperm can live several days. The egg, on the other hand, can live only 24 hours - so timing is important. At the moment of ovulation, the body temperature begins to rise to create a warmer, more hospitable environment for a fertilized egg. Also, the cervix will start to rise, soften, and begin to open up. "

0 Replies

JPB

Reply Wed 26 Jan, 2011 02:22 pm
@Morgan2010,
Yes, it's possible that you were fertile during that time frame. Do you have a Planned Parenting center nearby? They can help you determine if you're pregnant and provide you with a method of birth control so that if you aren't yet pregnant you don't become so.
Morgan2010

Reply Wed 26 Jan, 2011 02:40 pm
@JPB,
It hasn't been long enough for a pregnancy test yet.
Morgan2010

Reply Wed 26 Jan, 2011 02:40 pm
@Morgan2010,
No I don't , I feel stupid.
MontereyJack

Reply Wed 26 Jan, 2011 02:47 pm
Morgan says:
Quote:

No I don't , I feel stupid.

Don't beat yourself up over it--just remember that feeling the next time the situation comes up. EVERYBODY does things that aren't the smartest decisions they could have made. The imposrtant thing is to not do them again. Good luck, and think now how to be prepared the next time.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Wed 26 Jan, 2011 02:48 pm
@Morgan2010,
This is the first time I've had the opportunity to ask someone this question first hand.

What exactly was going through your head when you decided to have unprotected sex 3 times in a row?

I find it difficult to believe a person can be so "caught up in the moment" that they don't somewhere realize penis + vagina = pregnant.

I'm not here to criticize, I seriously would like to know.
0 Replies

MonaLeeza

Reply Wed 26 Jan, 2011 02:49 pm
@Morgan2010,
You are definitely at risk of pregnancy. You need to use protection all the time anyway - not just when you are most fertile. I don't know where you are but whether you're pregnant or not you need to seek counselling and advice from your local family plannng organisation.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Wed 26 Jan, 2011 03:17 pm
@Morgan2010,
It's too early for a urine test, but it isn't too early for a blood test.

Ok -- I take that back... it's a little too early for a blood test, but they are more sensitive than urine tests and can detect a pregnancy sooner. About 7 days after conception.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Wed 26 Jan, 2011 03:23 pm
Also, the "morning after" pill can be taken up to 72 hours after unprotected sex and still be effective. Call a health care provider or Planned Parenthood and get some help.
chai2

Reply Wed 26 Jan, 2011 04:31 pm
@JPB,
JPB wrote:

Also, the "morning after" pill can be taken up to 72 hours after unprotected sex and still be effective. Call a health care provider or Planned Parenthood and get some help.

You can buy it right from the pharmacy, with no perscription.
At least in Texas you can.

Mame

Reply Wed 26 Jan, 2011 04:57 pm
Apparently new studies have found that a woman get pregnant any day of the month, so you should be using protection all the time. Not to beat you over the head but WTF were you thinking?? Smarten up and take precautions!!
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Wed 26 Jan, 2011 05:48 pm
@chai2,
I didn't know that.

Sounds like something Morgan should look into.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Wed 26 Jan, 2011 07:37 pm
Why the REPEATED unprotected sex?

Three times for some pillow talk. Didn't you and the guy speak about this? (possible pregnancy?)

Please tell me it's with the same guy???
0 Replies

Morgan2010

Reply Wed 26 Jan, 2011 10:29 pm
yes same guy. i dont know why it happened three times. its never happened in a year and a half untill know. im afraid to speak up i guess?i dont know.
jespah

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2011 05:48 am
@Morgan2010,
Well -- not to pile on -- being afraid now is not gonna help you later. Will you be afraid to speak up about suing him for child support, or getting an abortion if that's your choice?

Asking about birth control doesn't seem so scary now, eh?

Hang in there. Let us know how it goes. We're not mean women -- we've just kinda been there, done that, and hate to see someone make mistakes (not just pregnancy, but communications and relationships errors) that we know are pretty dang preventable.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2011 06:05 am
@Morgan2010,
Quote:
i dont know why it happened three times

If you don't know, then who does? Perhaps the baby will know?
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2011 06:22 am
@Morgan2010,
Morgan2010 wrote:

yes same guy. i dont know why it happened three times. its never happened in a year and a half untill know. im afraid to speak up i guess?i dont know.

I'm afraid to speak up.

Morgan, I think you're onto something here.

I see this in a lot of women, and it makes me want to despair. Think of all the woman....read that as People, whose lives are not as good as they should be, because they are afraid to speak up. Afraid to make their needs/wants known.

And why?

From what I can see, mostly because "that wouldn't be nice" or "the other person won't like it"

In this case, the other person isn't going to like it if you have to go to him and tell him he knocked you up. What if he made it feel like it was your fault, because you "didn't say anything"?

I can't beat you up over the past, but for God's sake, if you manage to come through this one unscathed, LEARN THE LESSON.

The lesson is my dear, is to speak up, make your needs and wants known, and stop worrying about being "nice"

Did you even enjoy the sex? For me, I can imagine that I would, if I was afraid to even speak up to my partner.

0 Replies

Morgan2010

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2011 07:19 am
I didn't want to upset him. We've been dating a yr & a half. I'm scared that 3 times might make me pregnant... I don't know what to do anymore. I'm @ a loss
chai2

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2011 07:30 am
@Morgan2010,
Morgan2010 wrote:

I didn't want to upset him. We've been dating a yr & a half. I'm scared that 3 times might make me pregnant... I don't know what to do anymore. I'm @ a loss

Again Morgan, this falls right into what I was saying.

You didn't want to speak up, because you didn't want to upset him.
Why was that? What were you afraid was going to happen?

You say you don't know what to do anymore, but some sound advice has already been given to you, and the clock is ticking my dear.

Tick, tick, tick.

You only have so much time to get the morning after pill. I have no idea if it's already too late.
The thing is, inaction on your part will not change anything.

You need to get your **** together, stand up, and DO something. Typing out the words here "I'm at a loss, I don't know what to do" is NOT going to help.

To be frank my dear, get your ass in gear.
Google info about the morning after pill. If appropriate, get your ass to the drug store.

You can fall apart later.

And, in the future, when he wants to **** you, and whines how "you got me all hard, you have to let me" Tell him to jerk himself off if he needs to come, but he's not going to do it inside of you.

The possibility of him getting mad will be more than balanced out by the realization you are not acting like someone's doormat, and are doing what is best for you.
0 Replies