Coffea Arabica

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 25 Jan, 2011 04:15 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
Cycloptichorn wrote:

I've also been drinking this Jamaica blue mountain stuff which is lighting in a cup.

Blue mountain IS 100% Arabica.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 25 Jan, 2011 10:23 pm
I can't do the French roast stuff--too acidic. I prefer either Columbian or Kona, and i believe they are both arabica. I also like it strong--i use so much coffee to make a half liter mug, that The Girl complains i am wasting coffee.
georgeob1

Reply Tue 25 Jan, 2011 10:44 pm
@Setanta,
I have tried Kona coffee, but find it weak and tasteless. Perhaps I didn't use as much of it as Set. (Perhaps that explains my relatively even and pleasant disposition, compared to his.). I too find the French roast too bitter. Otherwise strong coffee, fresh or reheated, is always refreshing any time of day or evening.
Setanta

Reply Tue 25 Jan, 2011 10:46 pm
@georgeob1,
Oh yeah . . . pleasant disposition . . . you and Ghengis Kahn. I believe Ghengis Kahn didn't drink any coffee.
georgeob1

Reply Tue 25 Jan, 2011 11:07 pm
@Setanta,
Set. if I am Ghengis, you are Tamerlane on a bad day.
wayne

Reply Tue 25 Jan, 2011 11:28 pm
Coffee, black and strong straight up. Ethiopian if I've got it, folgers will do. Sumatra is alright, but tiresome. Sugar is good in the thermos when you're 3 miles downstream at the end of a long day and need some help getting back.
Setanta

Reply Tue 25 Jan, 2011 11:45 pm
@georgeob1,
That's your favorite line of bullshit, O'George. I guess you don't see how tired a claim it is.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 25 Jan, 2011 11:51 pm
By the way, O'George, this thead is about coffee. It's not intended to be a forum for snide personal remarks. Take it somewhere else.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 25 Jan, 2011 11:52 pm
@wayne,
I suppose it is sacrilege on my part, but i like coffee with cream and sugar. I also like it as strong as i can make it.
chai2

Reply Wed 26 Jan, 2011 10:28 am
ghenghis drank mare milk mixed with blood.

that'll wake you up.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 26 Jan, 2011 11:06 am
That Ghengis, he was a party kinda dude . . .
0 Replies

wayne

Reply Wed 26 Jan, 2011 12:56 pm
@Setanta,
I like the cream and sugar at certain times, mostly when I want to be fortified a bit, I'll put it in my thermos when I go fishing. But I never do cream or sugar in the morning, sour puss I guess.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 27 Mar, 2011 06:30 am
Naughty naughty . . . i think we'll have to get rid of you.
0 Replies