How can they look me in the eye???

Reply Sat 22 Jan, 2011 11:43 am
I have six cats. The cleaning lady left me a note that she found a baby mouse by the cat food. Not only do we have mice.....they are relaxed enough to have sex in my feline-packed house!!!

ehBeth

Reply Sat 22 Jan, 2011 11:48 am
@mags314772,
Time to start training those cats!

ohhhh, you can't train cats. Can you shame them?
mags314772

Reply Sat 22 Jan, 2011 11:50 am
@ehBeth,
shame.....I don't think cats are capable of shame
shewolfnm

Reply Sat 22 Jan, 2011 11:52 am
stop showing them garfield cartoons!
mags314772

Reply Sat 22 Jan, 2011 11:54 am
@shewolfnm,
that's the attitude all right...Garfield to a tee
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 22 Jan, 2011 11:56 am
@mags314772,
Not all cats kill mice just as not all dogs hate cats. There was a video on youtube once. This guy had a dog, a cat, and a rat. They were best friends. I'll see if I can find it.

Here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D85yrIgA4Nk
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 22 Jan, 2011 01:18 pm
@mags314772,
Mags, I also had a thread on exactly the same topic. http://able2know.org/topic/164871-1

Would anybody listen? Noooooo. Hopefully, the gang will find you more believable. I think Bill had the answer. They're not pack animals like dogs, and they just don't have the potential.
littlek

Reply Sat 22 Jan, 2011 01:24 pm
it's a bad mice winter! We had mice for the first time (I used the past-tense with hopefulness). Our neighbors had mice for the first time..... We went all-guns out to fight the little critters. Poor dears. One mouse came out from some crack in the floor-boards while I was watching TV. We played a game where he snuck (computer speller says snuck isn't a word!) out from behind a bookcase and looked at me and I raised my arm to scare him back. This went on for some time until I finally went to bed. The next day I stuffed the hole full of metal fiber and filled in in with that expanding foam stuff. Of course, he found another way in a few days later. But then.... snap!
roger

Reply Sat 22 Jan, 2011 01:28 pm
@littlek,
I would loan you a cat, but as shewolf says, there's that darn Garfield syndrome.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 22 Jan, 2011 01:32 pm
@littlek,
They told us on CBC a couple of years ago that the North American population of mice has exploded. We had gotten completely mouse-free about then (Spring 2008?), and then there was an outside workers strike (garbage collectors, among others), and the following autumn, we were invaded again.

We have just gotten mouse-free again. Let's hope it lasts.

Don't rely on cats. Cats is the spawn of Satan, and terribly stupid.
Rockhead

Reply Sat 22 Jan, 2011 01:36 pm
@Setanta,
so sayeth the dog guy...

here's a stick. go chase it.

my cats don't draw blood. they play the mice to death. (the mice don't know it's a game)

and then they leave it by my slippers when it's time has come.
Arella Mae

Reply Sat 22 Jan, 2011 01:43 pm
@Rockhead,
I get things like legless lizards, birds, squirrels, field mice, at my door. I know the cats consider them gifts, but ewwwwwwwwwwww!
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 22 Jan, 2011 01:55 pm
@Rockhead,
Your nasty remarks notwithstanding, cats is the spawn of Satan. Ever'body knows that--even if they won't admit it.
Rockhead

Reply Sat 22 Jan, 2011 01:56 pm
@Setanta,
I did not deny that part...
0 Replies

mags314772

Reply Sat 22 Jan, 2011 04:21 pm
Our Max...he's three and is HUGE....used to play with mice until they died. That was back when we only got about two mice each winter. Newton, named for the physicist but closer in intellect to the cookie, killed one this last fall. But to find baby mice......I feel like there are legions in the house now.
0 Replies

mags314772

Reply Sat 22 Jan, 2011 04:23 pm
@roger,
Roger, I doubt I have more credibility...
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 22 Jan, 2011 04:53 pm
I was always torn. My house had a large apparently mouse friendly yard.
I have a history of liking mice. I still like them.
I don't like mouse **** in my kitchen, ordinary mouse ****, or hanta virus mouse ****, while I still think the mice running the corners are dear.
I didn't want to get into trapping mice and putting them back in my yard. I had a job already. Realistically, I would have had to drive them miles away.
I hated regular mouse traps.
I finally bought some contraptions..., well, never mind.
I'm glad to not be still dealing with these issues.
I've moved on to black widows.
roger

Reply Sat 22 Jan, 2011 05:51 pm
@ossobuco,
I was getting ready to drag in the hanta virus, myself. Probably will, if we have an explosion of deer mice. Unlikely, though. They seem to swarm after a prior wet year, which 2010 wasn't.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 22 Jan, 2011 06:18 pm
@mags314772,
mags314772 wrote:

I have six cats. The cleaning lady left me a note that she found a baby mouse by the cat food. Not only do we have mice.....they are relaxed enough to have sex in my feline-packed house!!!

Mice are always in danger....it makes their sex BETTER...that's how they have had to evolve.

mags314772

Reply Sat 22 Jan, 2011 06:23 pm
@dlowan,
Oh, no candlelight and mood music?
0 Replies