How can they look me in the eye???

mags314772

Reply Sat 22 Jan, 2011 06:26 pm
I wonder if the mice are so settled i n that they've installed tiny mouse latrines....I'm not seeing mouse droppings
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Sat 22 Jan, 2011 11:22 pm
@mags314772,
Can I safely bet that none of your cats are outdoor cats and don't have the instinct to be true mousers?

Outdoor cats are the best fighters against indoor mice.
Roberta

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2011 03:18 am
Of the three cats I've had, only one would catch and kill/play the mouse. She was once playing with a mouse and threw it over my head. EEEEK. Once the mice were dead, she would leave them as gifts for me. I was proud.

I had another cat who would catch mice, but he'd lose interest and let them go.

0 Replies

wayne

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2011 03:56 am
@tsarstepan,
I think you've got it right. Whenever I've had outdoor cats around, no mice, even if the cats are strays. The mice never make it to the house.
0 Replies

mags314772

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2011 09:11 am
@tsarstepan,
they are all indoor cats
0 Replies

mags314772

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2011 09:15 am
I used to have a cat named Maggie who brought me a live mouse while I was in bed! One time, years ago,one of my siamese brought me a well chawed up dead baby bird in bed. She was an indoor cat too, but I lived in a big Victorian house with lots of fireplaces.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2011 09:33 am
For the small cost of shipping only you may borrow my cat, Biscuit, who I guarantee will kill every mouse within a two block radius in a matter of days.

This is a one time offer and it's only because the murderous monster brought some live thing into my bedroom last night and let it escape into the fireplace woodpile where she became determined to catch it by banging and leaping and rolling logs until all her animal friends joined in until I had to lock them all in the hallway completely forgetting that the dog can open the door.

She's dinky, maybe four pounds, so shipping won't cost a lot unless they have some kind of mouse murderer tax or something.
mags314772

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2011 09:37 am
@boomerang,
how much?
boomerang

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2011 09:39 am
@mags314772,
Ground or air? Post Office or FedEx?
0 Replies