Dys is enraged with me. I don't argue with him enough. which annoys him.

Rockhead

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2011 01:10 pm
@Ceili,
I can't find the original, but here is a G rated synopsis...

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20452792,00.html
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2011 01:14 pm
@kickycan,
Not sure why no one else has said this yet. but your cartoon was VERY funny!
And, need I say it, it was ENTERTAINING.

And, after all, it IS what many of us are here for - at least, until the Football game starts in less than an hour.
JPB

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2011 01:18 pm
@Ragman,
You mean you want us to say nice things to kicky? I'm not sure that's allowed.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2011 01:30 pm
@Ragman,
We don't want his head to blow up. I just assumed that it was obvious that it was clever and funny. At least to me. Who can make us laugh today? Kickcan can.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2011 01:33 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSig DAVID posted: The purpose of argument is to ascertain fact,
whereas the purpose of quarrel is ego-domination.

You got the spot on ego-domination. That's what caused the end of my friendship with Dys nearly 1-1/2 years ago. During a conversation in a two hour phone call from Dys, I must have advised him a dozen times that he was having fun and I wasn't. If he wanted to argue for sport, he did not seem to care about the effect on me. When you know you are deliberately hurting a friend and continue to do so, I consider that to be bullying. Maybe I'm weak but I don't want to be around a bully. During the time after that phone conversation, Dys has never apologized to me. Instead he found ways to constantly attack me through my posts to other people. Most of the time I didn't respond to his attacks in an attempt to ignore him.

There is a difference between debate argument, whereas the purpose of quarrel ego-domination is for bullying.

BBB

Rockhead

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2011 01:35 pm
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
I don't think you can wear the victim tag right now, BBB.

Osso has it grasped firmly for a bit...
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2011 01:38 pm
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
...Oh. Of course. This is not an attack. Silly me.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2011 03:08 pm
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
There is also at least one more way to look at it.

When someone is in your life whose views or attitudes are so vastly abhorrent to you that you cannot sit quietly by and suffer the droning - but you care about them as a fellow traveller enough to challenge those views in the sincere effort to help them meet with facts that will make continued association palatable to both, debate on those issues is a patient kindness.

When one person withers under debate of their opinions or viewpoints, it should be a sign that they may need to review and reassess.

It is a loving thing for someone to care that much about someone else whose views make them want to vomit.

This is why I love some cowboys.

OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2011 03:17 pm
@Lash,
Lash wrote:
There is also at least one more way to look at it.

When someone is in your life whose views or attitudes are so vastly abhorrent to you that you cannot sit quietly by and suffer the droning - but you care about them as a fellow traveller enough to challenge those views in the sincere effort to help them meet with facts that will make continued association palatable to both, debate on those issues is a patient kindness.

When one person withers under debate of their opinions or viewpoints, it should be a sign that they may need to review and reassess.

It is a loving thing for someone to care that much about someone else whose views make them want to vomit.
I am a libertarian Individualist supporting laissez faire capitalism
and weak n feeble domestic jurisdiction of government.
I have had good times debating friends or relatives
who were nazis or commies, or other authoritarians; it can be FUN.

Lash wrote:
This is why I love some cowboys.
R u an Indian ?

David
Lash

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2011 03:29 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Somedays I'm a Native, other times, a European interloper.
0 Replies

failures art

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2011 03:40 pm
*wanders in thread* *looks around*

Well...

*looks around*

... nevermind.

*exits*

whoa it was awkward in there

A
R
T
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2011 03:41 pm
@Phoenix32890,
Quote:
Have you ever spent any time with him, in person? IMO, he is one of the nicest individuals that I have been fortunate to meet in my lifetime
Does he clean up real good? If hes like my wife (who spends hours in the barn) I have to scrube her down and check her for ticks
Ragman

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2011 03:44 pm
@farmerman,
Is this time for a tick talk?
farmerman

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2011 03:47 pm
@Ragman,
Ve HAF VAYS DU MAKE YOU TOCK.

If dys saw the way you guys are suckin up to him, hed puke. Now I got that picture in my mind.
0 Replies

High Seas

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2011 04:00 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

edgarblythe wrote:

I really think this response is uncalled for. Rock is not as you have characterized him. Plus, the reaction to the point of his post was way over the top. If you are going to ignore him, by the way, why peek at his posts?

The dynamics of this "community" are very interesting, and I suspect that if we all actually lived besides one another, they would at least be muted and probably quite different in many instances.

Most of us have become "members" of this community because it allows a different set of social dynamics then those with which we are accustomed. In some cases the only difference is that here we are allowed to blather ad nauseum about the subjects in which we are interested, but for others it is the freedom to be more raw, more assertive, more outgoing, or more emotional.

I don't have a problem with Rockhead and obviously neither do you. I've seen posts of his which were nasty enough to suggest he's not a saint, but, of course, neither am I. From my perspective, he's not someone that matches the decription provided by High Seas, but my perspective is very limited.

My point is not that I believe High Seas is accurate or inaccurate in her description, only that unless we have been following all of the exchanges going on between them over the years, we can only base our assessment of her description on our own exchanges with him.

I try and stay out of one on one disputes here, but will throw in with someone if it looks to me like they are being attacked by a gang. For some, being the target of an A2K gang attack is just fine, or even invited, but it annoys me. I have no way of knowing for certain, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if the long absence of foxfyre from this forum was due to her so frequently being the target of such attacks.

Or maybe she just got a real life and moved on.

Nothing objectionable about you coming to his defense, but do you feel like you know all that has transpired between him and High Seas in this forum?

Never mind the clown you've chosen to address - he's no stalker, unlike the subject of his post. He's also incapable of reading with anything approaching full comprehension, and so cannot even read his own linked post. If he could he would know no "peeking" was involved. The stalker was being quoted by someone else. I find this whole exchange slightly surreal, somewhat along the lines of a play with an interminable German title, usually and mercifully abbreviated as "Marat-Sade". Cutting to the chase, the last scene is a white-gowned female insane asylum inmate murdering Marat in his bath.

Waiting for the full cast lineup - and no, Dys isn't going to play Marat, the role is open for Rockhead and / or another. Thanks anyway, Finn Smile
0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
High Seas

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2011 04:22 pm
@kickycan,
kickycan wrote:

This thread is awesome. Every new page brings a new misunderstanding and someone new getting pissed off! Excellent. I can't wait to find out who's going to misunderstand this post and launch a salvo of personal insults in my direction!

Carry on.

I agree with you, and I even remembered for your sake the original German title of the Marat-Sade play in the insane asylum. It is:
Quote:
Die Verfolgung und Ermordung Jean Paul Marats dargestellt durch die Schauspielgruppe des Hospizes zu Charenton unter Anleitung des Herrn de Sade

At some point Calamity Jane will be back to translate it - I hope. Meanwhile, always good to see you, hope you're well Smile
High Seas

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2011 04:27 pm
@BumbleBeeBoogie,
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:

........During a conversation in a two hour phone call from Dys, I must have advised him a dozen times that he was having fun and I wasn't. ....

Were you tied down hand and foot, forced to listen to him via loudspeakers high up on the wall? Anyone not actually in Guantanamo knows to hang up.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2011 04:31 pm
@kickycan,
Quote:
This thread is awesome. Every new page brings a new misunderstanding and someone new getting pissed off! Excellent. I can't wait to find out who's going to misunderstand this post and launch a salvo of personal insults in my direction!

Shut up! Nobody gives a crap about your crap, you crap!

Joe(happy now?)Nation
High Seas

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2011 04:46 pm
@Joe Nation,
LOL. I can assure you Kicky is one of the sexiest men in Manhattan - gets regularly mobbed by supermodels whenever he steps out in the street. Smile