My husband thinks I am not beautiful.

PUNKEY

Reply Tue 18 Jan, 2011 04:27 pm
Is that the same as Me-ing and I-ing?

0 Replies

pajamazzon

Reply Sun 23 Jan, 2011 06:45 am
I think your husband needs to grow up, i mean looks fade when we grow older! we can only alter our physical attributes by surgery and such. And don't think that you're not beautiful, you are! i feel that you're a nice person with a kind heart. Looks are so underrated! and stop asking him about it, you know the answer already. why do you need assurance about it?
0 Replies

HFgulliver

Reply Wed 26 Jan, 2011 01:38 pm
@HexHammer,
first that is incredibly insensitive! If it is that you dont have to pay attention to it. If it isnt you have just told someone with a serious problem she is using a bunch of random people so she can be a whore... Its perfectly acceptable for you to have your own opinions, if they will hurt people though i suggest not publishing them for everyone to see.
Pemerson

Reply Wed 26 Jan, 2011 02:09 pm
I hope you get something from the feedback here. I agree with Eva.

Heck, you probably are beautiful. Never mention the "beauty" remark again. Make yourself as good looking as you can with makeup and hair style, clothes. Stay in shape. Why are you making this a problem? Is he some kind of handsome brute?

Don't let anyone push your buttons.

0 Replies

HexHammer

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2011 05:39 pm
@HFgulliver,
HFgulliver wrote:

first that is incredibly insensitive! If it is that you dont have to pay attention to it. If it isnt you have just told someone with a serious problem she is using a bunch of random people so she can be a whore... Its perfectly acceptable for you to have your own opinions, if they will hurt people though i suggest not publishing them for everyone to see.
If you pulled your head out of your ass, you'll realize OP got lots of pity, but no real help.
HFgulliver

Reply Thu 27 Jan, 2011 11:45 pm
@HexHammer,
true, she got lots of pity but does that mean she wasnt asking for help? I dont think we can determine the reason Samantha asked (attention whoring) simply by the answers she recieved
HexHammer

Reply Fri 28 Jan, 2011 01:41 am
@HFgulliver,
HFgulliver wrote:

true, she got lots of pity but does that mean she wasnt asking for help? I dont think we can determine the reason Samantha asked (attention whoring) simply by the answers she recieved
She didn't define her problem proberly, thus we couldn't give her any help ..hench my accusation of attention whoring.
0 Replies

Old Goat

Reply Fri 28 Jan, 2011 03:59 am
A friend of mine recently took his wife to enquire about a facelift but it proved to be too expensive, so for half the price they lowered her body.
0 Replies

Krumple

Reply Fri 28 Jan, 2011 04:02 am
@Samantha Jones,
Samantha Jones wrote:

We got married less than a year ago. And I know he loves me a lot.. But.. I know for a fact that he thinks I am not attractive. Before knowing me my husband was ina serious relationship with this girl for 3 odd years who later dumped her for his best friend. He was devastated with the whole incident. It took him more than ayear to get over the whole break-up. I was a chat friend of his initially. He had discussed the whole story with me back then and used to tell me how beautiful she was. But when I saw her picture I thought I looked so much better than her. But I dont know why for my husband's eyes I am not attactive. He's told me that once in a while to avoid the whole conversation that he thinks I look 'ok'! Why does he think she was ao beautiful and I am not.

Do you think the problem lies in me?? Do you think I am obessing over the whole situation? Cause I know he is very loving.. He keeps me very happy.. But i am unable to let go of this thought. We always land up into an argument whenever I get this topic out.. Please help me.. What should I do??

Eversince I've know what he thinks of me even I've started to think I aint that attractive. I am kind of losing my self-confidence. PLease help!

I'm not even sure where to start on this, or if I should even respond. I looked it over a few times and figured that I probably have nothing constructive to say that would help you any and that anything I had to say would probably be viewed as negative so I figured I shouldn't even respond.

But I hate that and to be fair if you are presenting your situation on a public forum then you are subject to responses even if they might not be what you want to hear, so here goes, like it or hate it.

I don't believe your husband thinks you are not beautiful. Now that might sound like a positive and negative thing together but to be honest I don't see how he could actually rationalize that without making a complete ass of himself. Think about it? He got married to a woman that he doesn't think is beautiful? Seriously? So he just settled with you because you provided something other than beauty? Wow. Perhaps that is shallow of me but I don't see why you would do such a thing let alone tell the person that after you are with them.

The other aspect is that you have seen a picture of her and you see yourself as being more attractive or more beautiful than her, then whats your husbands problem? I get the impression that he is purposely trying to discredit you for some reason.

So long explanation shortened. I think it's your husband who is messed up and not you. You want him to validate your beauty to give yourself confidence? Well he probably doesn't want you to have that confidence so he tells you otherwise. The question is, why doesn't he want you to have that confidence? Perhaps that woman bailed on him and she wasn't as attractive as you, and he might think that if you get it in your head that you are worth more than him then you'll bail on him like she did. So a way for him to maintain control over you and your relationship with him, is to pull out any thoughts that you could do better than him. I could be wrong but it's the only way that makes sense to me.
hawkeye10

Reply Fri 28 Jan, 2011 04:09 am
@Krumple,
Quote:
Now that might sound like a positive and negative thing together but to be honest I don't see how he could actually rationalize that without making a complete ass of himself.
Years ago I knew this really handsome guy who picked this woman who is ugly as sin for his wife. At first I assumed that he did not care what she looked like, that he was into "inner beauty" or some such thing. Turned out that having an ugly woman on his arm was an ego trip, he was all about "I am so much better than you that I can be fine with ugly and I know that you would not be". The girl of course was more than fine with him, she had won the lottery.

I dont figure that worked long term, I only knew them for a short time after they were married, but it was a trip sitting in their house with them both bantering about and agreeing that she is ugly.
0 Replies

John83

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2014 09:26 am
@Samantha Jones,
Samantha your husband is a liar. Hes afraid of losing you. He had a bad experience from his previous relationship. You're beautiful than his ex. And he does not want you to know that. He wants to control you in a good way. He loves you. Its a control thing...
0 Replies

Germlat

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2014 04:02 pm
@Samantha Jones,
Silly girl! He Married you! Don't base your self-esteem based on others. There are those out there so INSECURE that they would never allow you to think you're lovely. Usually, when a person loves you, they think you are a treasure. If he's not treating you that way...he's an insecure little b'tard who has figured out how to keep you're ego in check. He's terrified you'll find out you can do better . So--he resorts to putting you down...what's worse...you're buying it.
One Eyed Mind

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2014 04:05 pm
You came out of your mother's uterus, so did he as per his mother's uterus.

There, now you all can be ugly creations together.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2014 04:19 pm
@Germlat,
Quote:
Silly girl! He Married you! Don't base your self-esteem based on others.

You guys are aware that the poster came here and posted one post over three years ago and there is no reason to think that she is still around?
One Eyed Mind

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2014 04:20 pm
@BillRM,
Why does it matter? I am not here to entertain you; I am here to entertain an idea.
Germlat

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2014 05:22 pm
@BillRM,
Ok with that..obviously the topic sparked interest.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2014 08:50 pm
@One Eyed Mind,
Quote:
Why does it matter? I am not here to entertain you; I am here to entertain an idea.

You are addressing someone that is long long gone but whatever float your boat.
One Eyed Mind

Reply Tue 9 Sep, 2014 08:51 pm
@BillRM,
I speak generally and mutually, friend.

There is no "I" - only "Information".
0 Replies

Germlat

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2014 06:01 am
@BillRM,
I'm very bad about reading the entire thing or date... Laughing But-- it seems to sometimes reawaken the topic.
0 Replies

Germlat

Reply Wed 10 Sep, 2014 06:11 am
@Krumple,
I agree..I've seem many women do this to men. I knew one that continuously put her husband down, particularly in the presence of others. It was an ego thing. He was certainly not "ugly" and was financially successful . He left her and married a more confident woman.