NEW ART PROJECTS GOIN ON?

Algis Kemezys

Reply Wed 31 Mar, 2004 06:33 pm
I am working exclusively on my deep sea multimedia jurassic park lost city of Atlantis Tropical Fish Tank, which consumes my entire front yard.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 31 Mar, 2004 11:18 pm
Eakins did gorgeous nudes. And self portraits, rite of passage, joanne, sometimes more than once. My nude self portrait is now only in some polaroid in my files, no big deal. It was the day or two I did it, though.

I lived alone at the time. I think art students having to do full length self portraits in charcoal --- when they live with others -- sets up amusing byplay.
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Thu 1 Apr, 2004 11:45 am
I want to do Shroud of turin naked portraits printed on unbleached muslim. Want to pose again Osso?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 1 Apr, 2004 12:49 pm
I was never in Torino...
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Thu 1 Apr, 2004 01:23 pm
u could be do you wanna go home ?
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 1 Apr, 2004 02:06 pm
Im gonna shoot these goddam gerbils
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Thu 1 Apr, 2004 02:10 pm
And it cannot be soon enough FM
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 1 Apr, 2004 05:21 pm
hey Joanne, thought youd appreciate this, a friend who attends all the yard sales on the planet sent it to me

http://www.yardsalequeen.com/
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Thu 1 Apr, 2004 07:50 pm
Thanks FM that is terrific I will probably less at a2k now reading the garage saling lore.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 1 Apr, 2004 08:07 pm
But, really, algis, unbleached muslims? I think that is rude.
I was thinking of antique ivory velvet, but you know, I am the wrong gender, not to mention I'm alive.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 1 Apr, 2004 08:10 pm
Uh, oh, the yard sale queen link could be dangerous. And I only looked at the table of contents..
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 19 Apr, 2004 08:27 pm
Last week I was in Ny for a morning meeting and I was walking near 30th street area (around the station) and I came upon an art supply store, wherein someone was demonstrating a new kind of mat cutting system. It was called an Altos 4501. With all the neat features , like it never overcuts a corner because it accurately sets itself accurately on each corner stop. It can cut all kinds of non standard mats (a feature I will never use because I think that round mats look too , you know, Kinkaidish. So I bought one and was playing with it on the train home. Whenever we did matting for sahows, it always took 2 people with the old Dexter cutters. With this one, I can cut great mats all by myself.I really like it. I probably got screwed so if anybody could get it for under 100 bucks I dont wanna know MMkay?
Just a helpful artsy hint. Im gonna be matting everything around here.
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Tue 20 Apr, 2004 05:09 am
FM I am planning on a trip to Amherst, MASS, in July any chance you and Mrs. FM will be around I could stop by PA and say hey. I I will be in Philly to see friends and could easially make my way to your farm I think. It would really be approrpriate since I will be attending the two week Annual Gathering of Friends in Amherst.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 20 Apr, 2004 05:43 am
Actually in July and August we will be in Eastport most of the time. Mrs F has a show in Gaithersburg Md in mid July so she will be back to pick up a small box trailer and scat.
Ill be back and forth as work dictates . so, if its possible, sure. When are you planning to be in the Pa area?

Actually, its easier to get together in MAine or Mass. Amherst is about a 4 hr drive from Eastport but its a 17 hr drive from Eastport back home (in a truck not an RV)
We will be back for good by Sept 12 . We live in our RV for those 2 months and we have some nice people living at the farm to cover the work and the house. The guy is an artist who moves around during the year and his wife is a weaver . Theyve been helping out for a number of years now and its the only way we can get away as a family and do any non-business related travel. Its a sanity thing cause we havent been able to take a real 1 or 2 week travel vacation for about 15 years, and this is our compromise .
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Tue 20 Apr, 2004 06:05 pm
truth
So you're an RVer too, FM. I've got a small 19 footer that we take short trips in. But I've had two larger one's, using them to live in during two year-long work projects in southern Mexico (as well as many summer trips). I'm tired of messing around with big RVs but do miss the feeling of freedom, of waking each morning in a different place. I wish you and the Mrs. a great get-a-way.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 20 Apr, 2004 06:46 pm
Whoa, JL its not till June when we even start worrying about going. We have a large bus type and its getting to be exactly as you state. Its too damn high.There are very few pull-through sites that we can park so we wind up on Wal Mart lots. I think we are going to get a broker to sell this one , and then were gonna see about a 5th wheeler
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Tue 20 Apr, 2004 08:10 pm
truth
Yeah, a fifth wheel is a very good way to go. When you set up your rig, you've a pickup to drive around with maximum convenience. I've always pulled a car behind the RV. Lot's of trouble messing with hitches.
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2004 04:56 am
FM I will PM you with deatails of my Amherst trip. I have some of the plane posted in the North America Forum. They only certain dates are two weeks in Amherst and the U.Mass. campus.

Mrs. FM is doing the big Gaithersburg show. I used to go to that all the time. I would live a drive to Maine and a visith with the two of you.

If my dreams come true with will have the last three weeks of July and all of August to hang out back east and junkque around.

The only really good thing about spending half my adult life in D.C. is I have lots of friends up and down the Mid-Atlantic coast and in NYC.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2004 05:29 am
Youve heard of Shupps Grove or Renningers and SToudts "antique markets " These are permanent gatherings in the Summer, they are primarily antique dealers but they also have dealers in small collectibles and memoribilia.
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Wed 21 Apr, 2004 07:57 am
Oh boy fun, shop, fun, shop. May be sell then more shopping. HeHe
0 Replies