NEW ART PROJECTS GOIN ON?

kayla

Reply Thu 6 May, 2004 05:58 am
Hi Gang,
Haven't been on line for quite awhile. I moved into a house with 1 1/2 acres and have been weedeating like crazy. I'm setting up my studio in the 2 car garage and fighting spiders like a gladiator. I love it. No painting for 6 months. It's been a very restful and introspective time. For 5 years I was on a deadline based art schedule and now I don't have to do anything if I don't want to. It's a big relief. FM a belated thank you for the info on Bateman. The agency I work for hired someone part-time to do all the price investigating. Thank God! I'm an artist and a teacher, not an appraiser. What the hell do I know about prints. This weekend I'm going to do a small "moon tree" painting for an art auction at the center. One of my students just sold a primitive monoprint at a fundraiser for $70.00. The buyer came to the center and had him sign it. HaHa! A local olive oil company asked my students to come up with a lable for their new olive oil so we had a competition. It was very exciting. The winner is going to get some big bucks for it. My music class has started a jug band. Now that's fun. I'm teaching kazoo. I played it a Juilliard. Several other staff are teaching fiddle, harmonica and banjo. I'm having a hard time finding someone to teach washboard. As soon as I find my paints, etc in all the boxes, I'll get started painting again for real. Life is good. I watch the sun come up over the moutains every morning and am at peace for the first time in quite awhile.
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Thu 6 May, 2004 07:12 am
Kayla welcome back - you have been missed.

Wow you have been busy and the new studio will be wonderful. Since we talked last I have sold I guess about four more paintings and have several paintings hanging in two seperate venues here in Dallas.

In addition check the gallery, I have a couple of paintings of mine posted there, so does Osso and other A2k Artists. Soon JLNobody will have painting posted.

My new Avatar is a painting of one of our new artistment, Helio.

Oh Kayla it is so good to see you.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 6 May, 2004 08:13 am
good returns kayla ,

I wanna post some of my work and havent learned how yet.

EVERYBODY needs to get a new work space every so often. Just to keep it from getting hazardous.

uSed to work out at Aerojet in Folsom and we were doing separation of the remaining gold from the rock piles. We had trailers all set up as our offices and, every day starting in April Id have to go out on the wrought iron railings that we had as attached porches on the trailers, and there I would unwind the little rattlesnakes from the iron railings. they would warm themselves by wrapping around the heating metal rails. Some of our staff wouldnt cross thhe snake fence unless the little guys were gone. id take em and give them to a plant naturalist who would carry the snakes out to the prairie areas and let em loose.
They were cutelittle miniature versions of mama, except they had much larger eyes and so they always looked like cartoon snakes. i did some sketches of one and had it in an art gallery in folsom.
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Thu 6 May, 2004 08:31 am
have you got any photos of that? lovely mental image!

the trick to posting in the gallery is to make sure the image size is small enough - take it down to maybe 2.5inches and 100dpi and that should do it. Then it's just follow the instructions and wait for the moderator to approve it.

Please do post some work - we;d all be interested.

i did a life drawing class for the first time in ages and ages at the weekend. I forgot Rolling Eyes my charcoal so worked in watercolour and colour pencils - it made a change. I doubt if i can post nekkid ladies here! The group work as a drop in session once a fortnight with no membership fee so will probably go again. It is such a good discipline as you have to observe properly, unlike landscape where you can get away with more!
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Thu 6 May, 2004 09:02 am
FM are you and A2k subscriber? If not you cannot upload pictures to the gallery.
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Thu 6 May, 2004 09:08 am
yes you can - you just can't have a gallery of your own. They go into the various category groups instead
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Thu 6 May, 2004 09:12 am
Oh well they have stopped me from uploading any photos. I have five of JLN's paintings ready to load but I get an error message saying I am not a subscriber.

JLN's paintings are in my album in the Realm which is public. If anyone want to take the time and go there and upload them for me and for JLN we will both appreciate it very much.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 6 May, 2004 10:38 am
Joanne, pm a moderator about that, that error seems peculiar. Maybe you are trying to load them to a private album?
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Thu 6 May, 2004 10:44 am
Yeah, that's the ticket. By the way, Kayla, thanks for the update. It was uplifting. So good to get good news in these days of being bushwhacked.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 6 May, 2004 03:29 pm
Ill have to mcheck into the subscriber thing. i think i missed out on the information. i must have been in the middle of something when that occured . i remember that there was an art line, then it went away and I never followed up and yadda yadda , no pix up yet.

Kayla, do you play classical or jazz kazoo? i heard a duet of a version of Brubecks blue Rondo done by a bunch of guys with various sizes of kazoos. It was outstanding. one guy even had a bass kind of a kazoo. He called it a Kazooka
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Thu 6 May, 2004 05:52 pm
FM I found out you can upload from the Ravens REalm without being a subscriber. But you have to be a subscriber to go to the chat room.

So if you are a member of the realm you post your pictures there and download this dealy bob and you can upload to A2k. It is easy - I did it that means anyone can.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 6 May, 2004 07:41 pm
If you are a subscriber you can have a private album, which I tried to do, some time ago. But it turns out I have some difficulty posting on the general albums and the private one I had for a bit because (Craven hypothesized) in my using a Mac I don't have javascript. Or something...

I've previously been able to enter a picture via Raven's Realm or little K's msn site, to the threads, in a post - the reason, for those who haven't tried this, that one needs to post on a site like those first is to have an URL oto put in the a2k image window, which you can't with just your photos alone.

Recently a couple of us have had trouble doing that, Walter Hinteler and I, anyway, and so we have both resorted to putting the image in the posts as a link (to either Raven's Realm or Little K's site, and I suppose there are myriad others. One could even open one's own MSN site.)
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Thu 6 May, 2004 08:49 pm
Rolling Eyes RIght now the best words in the English language are "user friendly."
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 6 May, 2004 10:37 pm
This is easy stuff, of course, for many, heh heh.
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Thu 13 May, 2004 09:00 am
jln has got some lovely work sitting in the gallery- have a look - i wish he'd post it here

<HINT>
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Thu 13 May, 2004 01:48 pm
Thanks, Vivien. I would if I could, but I can't (for the moment) so I shan't.
Bless, Joanne for helping me out here.
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Thu 13 May, 2004 02:40 pm
How do I post them here Viv? I mean in the thread?
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Fri 14 May, 2004 11:12 am
as jln seems happy about it I'll do it - they deserve a wider audience - but you just go to the gallery and find the image, double click on it so that it comes up slightly larger,

right mouse click and a popup comes up choose properties - another poputp - that has the URL address on - you treble click to hilite the whole address, control +C together to copy it.

The go to post a reply and click on IMG and in the address bit that comes up control +V to paste it,

Check in preview and it should be there.

(CTRL C and CTRL V are keyboard shortcuts for cut and paste that you probably already know)

http://www.able2know.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10118/normal_self%20protrait.jpg

self portrait by JLNobody - isn't it great?

http://www.able2know.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10118/%20watching%20the%20end.jpg

and paintings by jln - gorgeous

http://www.able2know.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10118/Flower%2520Burst.jpg

please note I can't take the credit for these they are jln's
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Fri 14 May, 2004 01:57 pm
Thanks, Vivien. Now I'm JLSomebody.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 14 May, 2004 07:17 pm
!!!
0 Replies