NEW ART PROJECTS GOIN ON?

ossobuco

Reply Sat 26 May, 2012 01:35 pm
@farmerman,
On the matter of how the paintings are stacked, including with things that look like iron googaws above, I sometimes like stacked paintings but more often don't; depends on how it's done and the constraints given the building. I had a negative reaction to the Pitti Palace museum in Florence for that reason, but that may have been just that day. Fbaezer, for one, really likes that museum. I can see from the photo in the article Tsar linked re the new Barnes that the stacking etc. could drive some nutso, including possibly me as I'd organize it differently given the chance, but it is what it is, and I take it there are a lot of terrific paintings there (along with some less terrific).

The Frick is what it is too, and I liked that once I got used to it.

Strangest hanging of great paintings I've seen was at the main museum, forget the name, in Perugia. They were hung on what looked like tall chain link fencing (including a Rafael).
farmerman

Reply Sat 26 May, 2012 01:48 pm
@ossobuco,
It was all Barnes choice. His giant Matisse of "The Bathers" is a tryptich of three arch-like paintings that are now hung in an alcove in one of the more sparsely appointed rooms.

Still, even though the bathers is huge, its hung almost out of visual range way up near the ceiling.

The problem with the old BArnes was mostly about THE LIGHTING. It was done to use daylight and very little artificial lighting. The new Barnes is appointed so that the lighting is hidden and accompanies the daylight. (Itll also be open an evening in the week like most other museums)
ossobuco

Reply Sat 26 May, 2012 01:52 pm
@farmerman,
Yeh, I see that could affect Barnes' steadfast choices.
farmerman

Reply Sat 26 May, 2012 01:58 pm
@ossobuco,
I never appreciated the Frick , mostly because of its narrow collection. HOWEVER, having said that, I would always go to the Frick firts to see a n available Vermeer. I think they have three or four Vermeers.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 26 May, 2012 02:11 pm
@farmerman,
I was only there once and had a lot of trouble figuring out their connection of listening devices and numbers on paintings (it's me eyes, rarely could find numbers), causing more that one guard to wish me ill. But this was the room that won me over -
http://www.frick.org/virtual/index.htm
I think I remember a Vermeer in that room.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 26 May, 2012 02:20 pm
@ossobuco,
Looked up the Pitti Palace Museum. We didn't see the whole thing, missed the modern museum part. I can see what I reacted negatively to, but it doesn't bother me now, must have been crabby that day.
http://images.travelpod.com/users/lmcfarland/7.1331160503.pitti-palace-the-jupiter-room.jpg
spendius

Reply Sat 26 May, 2012 05:23 pm
@ossobuco,
That looks pretty fundamental Christian osso.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 26 May, 2012 05:44 pm
@spendius,
What, you are saying, catholics are christian?
I figure that is near satanic to some.

Of course you obscure the question of exhibit organization, on purpose.

I've often figured you are on my side by your ploys.
tnsporting90

Reply Fri 15 Jun, 2012 04:32 am
@JLNobody,
If you are an artist, you will prefer to create design by hand but Today there are many technology comes which is gives better solutions. I am also a designer, I like the digital printing and Online Sporting Goods Stores.
Thanks.
farmerman

Reply Fri 15 Jun, 2012 04:54 am
@tnsporting90,
"digital art" is but a tool. To surrender your creativity to a machine is "giving up". You arent a designer youre a passenger.
spendius

Reply Fri 15 Jun, 2012 04:57 am
@ossobuco,
There's a post of mine on the "Question to those who do or do not doubt Christianity" thread (page 267), which deals with real art.

Which is where Picasso went back to after exhausting the potentialities of that sort of thing.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Fri 15 Jun, 2012 05:01 am
@farmerman,
A lot of stuff is carried off with a trick fm. Plus patience.

The evolution of painting by numbers.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Fri 15 Jun, 2012 05:06 am
@farmerman,
http://www.inminds.com/picasso-weeping-woman-1937.jpg
farmerman

Reply Sat 16 Jun, 2012 09:06 am
@spendius,
you have a point I assume? and, as usual, you feed your superiority complex when your point is only obvious to you.

I know about the painting but since there was no question, Ill move pn
spendius

Reply Sat 16 Jun, 2012 09:37 am
@farmerman,
The painting poses the question fm but one can't expect down to the bone misogynists to hear it.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 2 Nov, 2013 11:21 am
@farmerman,
Ive been watering down my wc frisket with ammonia and it works nicely. Anyone know of a source of liquid latex?
Im thinking maybe some theatrical supply house.
Id like to make my own frisket for large airbrush arrangement and Im already up to double sheets of rolled wc paper on a plywood backing.

I go through a jar of frisket in one afternoon and its starting to get pricey.
farmerman

Reply Tue 19 Nov, 2013 08:40 am
@farmerman,
There is a technique of " Reverse glass scratch art using gold foil "
Its a variety of verre eglomise painting except with gold foil which is glued to a glass panel and then a scratchboard sketch or silhouette of a face is made and then the whole thing is painted with a black paint to restore a black/white balance. It was somewhat populr in the 1800's and I wonder if anyone has any experience?
farmerman

Reply Wed 2 Apr, 2014 11:01 pm
@farmerman,
a barn very near me, done by a friend
     http://www.lyndengallery.com/secondary/Images/5.jpg
ossobuco

Reply Thu 3 Apr, 2014 09:15 am
@farmerman,
I like it.

Reminds me slightly of Wolf Kahn re colors, but Kahn to me way overcolorizes.
Instead of connecting your friend to Kahn, to me not a favor, I shouldn't have - only that I see it as what two different painters do with the colors of nature and human buildings. I see this painting as elegant.
farmerman

Reply Thu 3 Apr, 2014 09:57 am
@ossobuco,
Ive waited to see if anyone else has a different idea about the prspective in this one. (Hint:Hes redoing it because of a harsh critique I gave about perspective)