NEW ART PROJECTS GOIN ON?

dagmaraka

Reply Sun 19 Nov, 2006 11:02 pm
Laughing eeeyep, that there is.

i wiped him off with a paper towel and put nailpolish on the sucker instead (i have many many many different colors). he dried right up and now is shiny and waterproof. yay.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 3 Apr, 2007 06:57 am
The A2K Era of New Art ended in 2006?
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Tue 3 Apr, 2007 01:53 pm
I've got a new digital camera--which I still have to learn how to use and download into my computer--but I have 37 paintings in a show my university is putting on. So one of these days I should be able to share more pictures.
But I certainly do want to enjoy the stream of Vivien's continuing oeuvre; it's inspirational.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 3 Apr, 2007 03:49 pm
Vivien"s steaming eggs? My wife is doin Pysanky for Easter and shes made three already . Her style is AmericanArts n Crafts Revival. So shes mixed a Russian fold art with modern Americn Mission style.

Ive been doing squat , my present research into Titanium geology is keeping me busy. I wanna take my watercolors along my next trip to ARgentina. Theres some neat scenery where Im at.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Tue 3 Apr, 2007 05:37 pm
Farmer, it just occured to me that you might do a postmodern work in which the canvas has "SQUAT" written on it. Then we can see what you've been doing recently. Smile
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 3 Apr, 2007 07:31 pm
Brilliant! BrilliANT! However, I cant do it. Its not my idea. I'd be cheating by doing it, unless we consider it a collaboration. You in?
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Tue 3 Apr, 2007 11:17 pm
Yes, I'm in. But consider this: one of the niceties of postmodernism is the practice of "appropriation", meaning you can steal all you like in the name of art. Double stealing or artistic conspiracy can be our original contribution to art history. Smile
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Wed 4 Apr, 2007 06:12 am
Sort of likeDuchamp and Piccabia painting each other while each was doing a painting of the other.

When I finish it. You could then scribble editorial notes on the painting and I would revise it in accordance with your instructions on the Paper. We could exhibit both as a collaboration to demonstrate how art is created. We could start a movement.
"Collaborative Revisionism". This could be big.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Wed 4 Apr, 2007 01:26 pm
Interesting title. I've had the idea of entitling shows as follows: "revisions",
"configurations",
"doodles."

It might be fun to think of others. Mine are primarily for exhibtions of abstract (or semi-abstract) art.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 4 Apr, 2007 01:31 pm
I love Ukranian easter eggs, haven't done them in forever. Maybe I will this year, it's the only easter tradition that I ever really got into.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Thu 5 Apr, 2007 11:22 am
cicerone imposter wrote:
Mame, I love your art work. I like your use of color and perspective, and your unique style. Wink

CI: I'm sorry I didn't respond - I haven't been to this thread lately - thank you very much for your comments. Do you paint or do another form of art? Can we see what you've done?

I've been in a dry period lately... I haven't done anything since the Waves painting... not inspired at all. Well, I've done applique blankets which I might post when I get home... Anyone else experience this? It's kind of aggravating because time hangs when the inspiration well is so dry.

Osso - where's your art? Come on, lady - or were you just teasing us?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 5 Apr, 2007 05:47 pm
Don't nag me, I'd be forced to snarl..

And snarling makes my face look worse...

(but wait, I get that you are interested. Tnx.)
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Sat 7 Apr, 2007 05:26 pm
Osso, what if we say please? not nagging, not nagging honest!

my 'steaming eggs' Laughing are going slowly. I'm working on 2 40inch square canvasses - one is further on that the other you can see the progress here here - it's a blog not a website so I hope it's ok to put it (non-commercial not-for-profit - just for rabbitting on!)

in case it's not ok this is the stage it's at - it's much looser than it looks here because obviously shrinking it has the effecct of tightening it Sad

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v607/vivien/4incheaprilprogress003copy.jpg

close up to prove it's loose!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v607/vivien/4ineaprilprogress003copyDETAIL4.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v607/vivien/4ineaprilprogress003copyDETAIL2.jpg

seriously I'd love to see some more of your work Osso and jln, farmer et al

Soz I'd like to see your Ukranian Easter Eggs
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sat 7 Apr, 2007 06:01 pm
In Slovakia, we decorate Easter eggs ("kraslica") with colorful wax or with copper wire. When I was little, we also used knitting threads and glued it on in fun patterns, shapes.. I didn't make this one (takes a bloody long time), but I bet the Ukrainian eggs are similar:
http://www.emik.eu/kraslica/files/products/007j.jpg

oh, and wired eggs (hee hee)

http://www.eu-akademia.sk/obrazky/vyrobok_41_kraslica.jpg
0 Replies

stuh505

Reply Sat 7 Apr, 2007 06:20 pm
That's beautiful Vivien. Stop now; Don't tighten it.

Oh, and the eggs are nice Dag! You photographed them well, too.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sat 7 Apr, 2007 06:31 pm
Embarrassed i didn't make them, stuh. it's just an inspiration for soz who wants to make some 'pysanky' - ukrainian eggs.

love the colors, vivian, and the braches on those trees. already looks wonderful.
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Sun 8 Apr, 2007 09:16 am
Dag those eggs are lovely - I've never seen any like that before (other than Faberge of course)

Stuh - no I won't tighten it Very Happy - actually I want to loosen it, at least the nearest tree a little. All the snow and ice and rocks are done and won't be changed - it's the top of the sky and the foreground tree that aren't quite done.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Sun 8 Apr, 2007 07:25 pm
Love the wire eggs, particularly, dag... and vivien, I really like that one. I agree with the looser bit... it's hard to gauge just how loose... at least for me.

But it's got a great feel to it already.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 18 Aug, 2007 01:00 pm
I hadnt visited this site for a while and Im really impressed with the snow scene viv. Was that a plein aire ?

Im looking for these new tinted graphite pencils that Derwent makes. Somehow I believe that theyre only available in UK and Not in US (although most of the really good art supply stores have been bought up by thee crappy mega box "artsy ****" stores like Michaels or AC Moore. (These store give the appaearances of carrying esoteric stock but they dont, they wont even carry Semmelier watercolors , the bastids).

ANYBODY have a chance to use the tinted graphites yet? They are essentially black grqphite pencils with just a hint of color that can only be seen next to each other. Im using a lot of black board lately and have been doing illustrations of powere boats on black backgrounds for some of my friends and clients.
I did one of a San Juan 48 that made me wish I had the money to plunk down on one.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Tue 21 Aug, 2007 05:09 pm
Having read The Americans recently I now understand how this thread works.

It's a sort of mutual back-scratching operation.

Nothing to do with art obviously.

More a sales drive. fm has probably got a contract for importing new tinted graphite pencils from the UK. They are the latest thing you know.

That crappy mega box "artsy ****" is so passe if you're at the cutting edge.
0 Replies