Gun Control: Bill to Ban Clips Over 10 Rounds

reasoning logic

Sun 30 Dec, 2012 04:01 pm
@Val Killmore,
Quote:
It'd be better to give your 15 year old a frag grenade instead of AA 12 so he can better take out himself from the face of the earth along with the coons. It'd be more favorable if he took you with him.

If you live, will you miss him once he is blown to bits, and like humpty dumpty can't be put back into one piece?

Val Killmore I do not have a 15 year old, all of my kids are grown. I often say some off the wall things to gain the attention of those I disagree with. I would rather we had no guns or any other things that are likely to kill my fellow man but I also realize that I have to live in this reality that has been dealt to me.

I would prefer that others would take an interest in moral philosophy but I do not see that as a reality so all that I know to do is relate to them and slowly share my point of views with them. Not that I have it right but it is all that I know.

Val Killmore

Sun 30 Dec, 2012 04:10 pm
@reasoning logic,
I replied in an off the wall manner because I smelled bullshit. I have seen you more than once making some hypothetical scenario using hyperbole's and ask some question to corner a person to a limited perspective.
Is that your "philosophical" method to get people to see how you see the world?
Word of advice: It's not the best method of persuasion.

Since you are interested in philosophy...
Look into Plato's work: The Republic
As well as Aristotle's work: Politics
Philosophy Trivia:
While Plato and Aristotle disagreed about many things, they agreed on the on one thing: whoever controlled the arms would control the government.
reasoning logic

Sun 30 Dec, 2012 04:15 pm
@Val Killmore,
Quote:
Word of advice: It's not the best method of persuasion.

Do you have an empirical method of persuasion?
I realize my approach is not the best and I would be pleased to hear of a better working model.

Val Killmore

Sun 30 Dec, 2012 04:25 pm
@reasoning logic,
The empirical evidence that your method of persuasion is bad is that a majority of the people do not concede with some of your ideas that you support

As for the best form of persuasion, put as much facts as you can in your argument. Stay away from hyperbole's and lies, and try as much as you can to avoid fibs. And do avoid all the fallacies of argumentation.
reasoning logic

Sun 30 Dec, 2012 04:31 pm
@Val Killmore,
Quote:
The empirical evidence that your method of persuasion is bad is that a majority of the people do not concede with your ideas that you've developed on your own.

This is not empirical evidence that my method does not work even though it may be true that the majority of people could care less about what I share. Keep in mind that the majority people could care less about what you share. Do you have an idea that might get the majority of people to consider what we share?

Quote:
As for the best form of persuasion, put as much facts as you can in your argument.

Has this worked for you when it comes to getting the majority of people listening to you?
H2O MAN

Sun 30 Dec, 2012 04:33 pm
No more than 10 clips

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/assets/product_images/380/9290913048320P.JPG
0 Replies

Val Killmore

Sun 30 Dec, 2012 04:44 pm
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
This is not empirical evidence that my method does not work even though it may be true that the majority of people could care less about what I share.

What you share is equivalent to **** most of the time, at least to me anyways. Don't be offended, it's just that it's coded, filled with hyperbole's and hypotheticals to a point where I can't take you seriously.

Quote:
Keep in mind that the majority people could care less about what you share.

The thing is I don't care, unlike you. Mostly, I just like to attack other's arguments and see if it holds.

Quote:
Do you have an idea that might get the majority of people to consider what we share?

It doesn't happen like that. The best method is to question, legitimately, of what the majority of people believe and see if their belief holds. If it does, then it is you, yourself, who must change.

Quote:
Has this worked for you when it comes to getting the majority of people listening to you?

Don't ask me, for I don't care for such attention in a serious discussion. Actually, Mr. Hyperbole, try it yourself some time and see if the majority of the people are listening to you.
0 Replies

roger

Sun 30 Dec, 2012 06:14 pm
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic wrote:

Val Killmore I do not have a 15 year old, all of my kids are grown. I often say some off the wall things to gain the attention of those I disagree with.

In other words, you lie to prove your point. That gives some of us a clue to the validity of your points.
reasoning logic

Sun 30 Dec, 2012 06:27 pm
@roger,
Quote:
In other words, you lie to prove your point. That gives some of us a clue to the validity of your points.

No in other words I stoop to levels that I wish not to stoop to "in order to share a point of view. I guess that one could say I am trying to prove a point but at the same time I do understand that what I share could be incorrect and anyone who has an interest in what I share will also be given this part of reality that I know as truth.
oralloy

Sun 30 Dec, 2012 07:05 pm
@parados,
parados wrote:
Unlike Conservatives, Obama is capable of multitasking.

Washington DC, however, is not capable of multitasking.
0 Replies

roger

Sun 30 Dec, 2012 07:24 pm
@reasoning logic,
Exactly. Referring to a nonexistant 15 year old son was incorrect, and you knew it was incorrect. You are blathering about "part of reality that I know as truth". I have already given my word for what it is you are doing.

Carry on.
reasoning logic

Sun 30 Dec, 2012 07:40 pm
@roger,
Quote:
Exactly. Referring to a nonexistant 15 year old son was incorrect, and you knew it was incorrect. You are blathering about "part of reality that I know as truth". I have already given my word for what it is you are doing.

Carry on.

I think that we all get reality wrong at times so I will ask you rather than assuming. Do you find that what I do is done out of the hope that I have for humanity or do you think that I am doing it out of my own evil cause?
roger

Sun 30 Dec, 2012 09:20 pm
@reasoning logic,
You are asking me to help justify your lie. You are doing quite well on your own.
reasoning logic

Sun 30 Dec, 2012 09:26 pm
@roger,
Quote:
You are asking me to help justify your lie. You are doing quite well on your own.

No just asking you to be roger which you did. Thanks
0 Replies

Val Killmore

Sun 30 Dec, 2012 10:33 pm
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic wrote:

Quote:

No in other words I stoop to levels that I wish not to stoop to "in order to share a point of view. I guess that one could say I am trying to prove a point but at the same time I do understand that what I share could be incorrect and anyone who has an interest in what I share will also be given this part of reality that I know as truth.

So you're saying advocates of the second amendment are at a lower level than yours? You've got some nerve. It is interesting, however, since you say you own a shot gun, or were you lying about that too?

And the only point you proved is that you're a lying delusional blabber mouth.

reasoning logic

Mon 31 Dec, 2012 03:53 am
@Val Killmore,
Quote:
You've got some nerve.

You have a preconceived notion. Wink

Quote:
It is interesting, however, since you say you own a shot gun, or were you lying about that too?

No

Quote:
And the only point you proved is that you're a lying delusional blabber mouth.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Quote:
So you're saying advocates of the second amendment are at a lower level than yours?

No not at all nor am I saying that those on the other side are either. What I am saying is that I joke around with people in hopes to befriend them so that they may take a little more interest in what I think may be truth.

example, I like The Young Turks yet I realize that some of what he says is wrong. I listen to all sides to form an understanding about reality.

reasoning logic

Mon 31 Dec, 2012 07:41 pm
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
.00oo9 percent. cant any of you find a flaw in that?

I am not saying he is completely wrong, but could he be a little bit wrong?
0 Replies

BillRM

Wed 2 Jan, 2013 07:27 pm
For those who never change a mag in your life here how fast it can be done.

H2O MAN

Wed 2 Jan, 2013 08:19 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

For those who never change a mag in your life here how fast it can be done.

This guy didn't get the memo

BillRM

Wed 2 Jan, 2013 08:22 pm
@H2O MAN,
Quote:
This guy didn't get the memo

LOL................