Gun Control: Bill to Ban Clips Over 10 Rounds

BillRM

Thu 27 Dec, 2012 08:07 am
@revelette,
He had killed a grandmother and service time for doing so and was therefore a felon that did not likely get his firearms from a damn gun store but likely from private sales.

Any more guns laws will have no more had keep guns out of his hands then then drug laws keep illegal drugs out of the hands of any one who wish to buy them.

Having armed security is schools will do a lot of good however passing pointless gun laws will not save one person.
parados

Thu 27 Dec, 2012 08:13 am
@BillRM,
My god Bill. Don't you see how your argument is easily defeated by your own logic? If anyone wants to kill a bunch of people, they will just get around the armed security. Either by killing the security first which is quite easy to do or by simply going where the security isn't, like a school bus. Will you put armed guards on every school bus? Will you put armed guards in every park?
BillRM

Thu 27 Dec, 2012 09:50 am
@parados,
Quote:
Either by killing the security first which is quite easy to do or by simply going where the security isn't, like a school bus. Will you put armed guards on every school bus? Will you put armed guards in every park?

Armed security is not perfect solution but meaningless gun laws is no solution at all.

Take note also that most mass killers picked places with no security and in fact gun free zones and tend to killed themselves when arm responsers show up so the the picture of these killers taking on armed security seems unlikely to say the least in most cases.

As far as public places there are a million citizens in Florida with CC licenses so the odds are large that in any large gathering more then one parent will be armed.

Once more not perfect however far better then meaningless feel good gun laws.
parados

Thu 27 Dec, 2012 01:33 pm
@BillRM,
I guess you missed how faulty your logic is. If we take guns away it won't prevent every instance so that is a bad thing to do but if we put armed guards everywhere it won't prevent every instance but that is a good thing.

Quote:
Take note also that most mass killers picked places with no security and in fact gun free zones and tend to killed themselves when arm responsers show up so the the picture of these killers taking on armed security seems unlikely to say the least in most cases.
And your evidence of this is what? What statistical regression did you run to show that it wasn't just random?
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Fri 28 Dec, 2012 12:29 pm
@H2O MAN,
I'd loan Gregory one of my 50 round drums, but I don't think his girly arms could hold it up for the cameras
reasoning logic

Fri 28 Dec, 2012 12:37 pm
@H2O MAN,
Quote:
I'd loan Gregory one of my 50 round drums, but I don't think his girly arms could hold it up for the cameras

That's pretty cool my 12 gauge only holds 20 rounds
parados

Fri 28 Dec, 2012 12:47 pm
An interesting exercise done by ABC News on response to a shooter by an armed person.

http://www.upworthy.com/the-nra-thinks-more-guns-are-the-answer-bless-their-hearts-then-watch-this?g=2&c=upw1
H2O MAN

Fri 28 Dec, 2012 12:51 pm
@reasoning logic,
Sagia?

The drum I would loan Gregory is compact and it holds 7.62x51 NATO
reasoning logic

Fri 28 Dec, 2012 12:57 pm
@parados,
Thank you for sharing, very good info.
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Fri 28 Dec, 2012 01:00 pm
@H2O MAN,
Quote:
Sagia?

No just a joke of a gun but it does sound fun to have an AA12 as long as no one gets hurt.
H2O MAN

Fri 28 Dec, 2012 01:05 pm
@reasoning logic,
The vast majority of people don't get hurt.
reasoning logic

Fri 28 Dec, 2012 01:14 pm
@H2O MAN,
Quote:
The vast majority of people don't get hurt.

I understand that we have more fear than anything else and that most of the things that we get upset about are the things that sound horrific and do not happen as often as others "such as the invention of the wheel.
No other invention has caused more deaths in history.
People do not go hysterical when they hear the death count per year by auto accidents but you can bet when it comes to guns or terrorists they will go crazy. People do not realize that more people die each year from peanuts, cops and so on than they do by terrorist and other things that they fear. We are a bunch of fear mongers.

I do realize that other things should be considered and I left them for others to point out, and these things should be considered important. Could you imagine if everyone had to go to school or work with a gun like they do in an auto, what kinds of problems we might see?
H2O MAN

Fri 28 Dec, 2012 01:18 pm
@reasoning logic,

I agree.

The stirrers of the pudding dictate what the masses are
paying attention to, it has very little to do with reality.
reasoning logic

Fri 28 Dec, 2012 02:31 pm
@H2O MAN,
I was thinking about getting my 15 year old son some new shells for the aa-12 to better his chances of getting them coons that are attacking my chickens at night.

Do you think it may better his chances with the night vision along with the frag12 of getting them damn coons? I just hope that no lunatic gets a hold of his shells.

H2O MAN

Fri 28 Dec, 2012 10:27 pm
@reasoning logic,

Like father, like son?

Leave the coons alone.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Sun 30 Dec, 2012 03:08 pm

Forget the economy, risk of war, the deficit, health care, a Jihad against us, unemployment, etc...
Democrat Obama makes passing gun control measures a priority for 2013

parados

Sun 30 Dec, 2012 03:16 pm
@H2O MAN,
Unlike Conservatives, Obama is capable of multitasking.
H2O MAN

Sun 30 Dec, 2012 03:37 pm
@parados,

We are well aware of O-boy's ongoing efforts to ruin our free market, capitalists economy.
Val Killmore

Sun 30 Dec, 2012 03:48 pm
@reasoning logic,
It'd be better to give your 15 year old a frag grenade instead of new shells for the AA 12 so he can better take out himself from the face of the earth along with the coons. It'd be more favorable if he took you with him.

If you live, will you miss him once he is blown to bits, and like humpty dumpty, he can't be put back into one piece?
reasoning logic

Sun 30 Dec, 2012 03:54 pm
@H2O MAN,
Quote:
We are well aware of O-boy's ongoing efforts to ruin our free market, capitalists economy.

Are you aware of what economic intellectuals from your own party have to say about your capitalistic views?

0 Replies