My apologies to the a2k comunity

BillW

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2011 11:09 pm
@peter jeffrey cobb,
okay, I know what you mean , it happens to me all the time.
0 Replies

peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2011 11:13 pm
@BillW,
The only time we where trained to have a full 360 perimeter. in a instant like that would be when getting drop of on a hot zone. Because you would have squad, platon, company, and battalion forces coming behind you, So aiming in a 360 may cause friendly causilties. With a few exceptions of course. Like being a base behind enemy lines Smile and I promise I will get around to seeing that movie Smile
BillW

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2011 11:17 pm
@peter jeffrey cobb,
We were always in the boonies. Anything in front of us was free fire zones. These would be night positions and we always camped in a 360 degree, whether in the boonies are on an LZ. Very seldom were there friendlies in front of us, but it would happen, and I have all kinds of stories re: friendly fire.
BillW

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2011 11:26 pm
@peter jeffrey cobb,
Good night, I'll catch you later.......
peter jeffrey cobb

@BillW,
well there are alot more instences now that I think about. That you did use a 360 perimeter. In patrols, REconence, you would. Just not realy if your advancing with a platton or greater force. Alot of my training emphesise. Quick spear head to the target. wile the forces behind would expand the spear. Type of manuvers
peter jeffrey cobb

@BillW,
Good night sleep well Smile
0 Replies

BillW

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2011 11:28 pm
@peter jeffrey cobb,
Good night, I'll catch you later.......

We would always air lift into the boonies, all areas were unfriendly in every direction, always........we were always 360 degree.
peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2011 11:33 pm
@BillW,
You were mostly Recon, Pathfinder? Answer after you rest Smile
BillW

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2011 11:38 pm
@peter jeffrey cobb,
We operated in sqad, platoon and company size manuvers for periods of 10-40 days at a time. We humped heavy, about 120 pound packs. We would be air lifted (hueys) in and out of the boonies. night for sure now! Wink We did have pathfinders walk point for us one time. I'm not but too sure that our kit carson scouts were also part of the pathfinders.
0 Replies

peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Sun 9 Jan, 2011 11:49 pm
@peter jeffrey cobb,
I suppose I would compare most of my training blitztec type But I only took dessert, Wooded, or in a city cituation training. I never did jungle training. And the conflict you atended. Well it was one of the most difficult as American soldiers that we have had to face. At least in my point of view. My hats are off to you guys. I was a cook during my conflict. I dint become Infantry till my re enlistment Smile But I must warn you also my memory is terrible it comes in bits and pieces and it gets over anylized. Please keep that in mind when reading my posts Smile
BillW

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2011 07:23 pm
@peter jeffrey cobb,
My memory has problems too, I am getting older - today though, it is working good. Cook is good, we all have to eat. From what I understand, the Army doesn't have cooks anymore.
peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2011 07:35 pm
@BillW,
Realy? That doesnt sound right. To have cooks seems to raise morale so much. Remember after being in the field for weeks and finaly getting a hot meal instead of the field rations Smile
BillW

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2011 08:27 pm
@peter jeffrey cobb,
We got a resupply and a hot every 3 days. Yes, it was a great thing to get.

Brown and Root from Halliburton do a lot of the cooking. They have experience from doing cooking at a lot of the oil well camps throughout the world....
peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2011 08:54 pm
@BillW,
Yes outside contractor support. Hmmmm I suppose it might be cheaper. They way we conduct warfare now a days have changed alot. I remember when we went to the range to fire our weapons. The target were russian soldiers Smile I wonder who they represent now a days Smile
BillW

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2011 09:12 pm
@peter jeffrey cobb,
of course, we targeted the "gooks" - it is not cheaper, it gets money to ......., it is political.
peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Mon 10 Jan, 2011 10:02 pm
@BillW,
Yays I finaly got around to writting my profile Smile Ya if anyone else reading this can update us on what the targets on the range look like now lets us know. Im curios Smile
0 Replies

peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2011 12:34 pm
Hi all. Of the subject. I have something troubling me. So can I ask yall a favor? Can yall read my topic 'What is your defenition of what God is?'. The thing thats troubling me is posted there. Thank You Smile
JPB

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2011 01:00 pm
@peter jeffrey cobb,
Sure, but first I'd like to thank you for what must have been a tremendous undertaking for you in completing your profile. One question there, if I may... You talk about your voices and your military experience. Did you voices start after your time in the military, or were you already dealing with them then?

Off to your other topic...
peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2011 01:10 pm
@JPB,
They been there for as long as I can remember. But over time its been progressivelly getting worse. I am not sure if its from eviromental causes or just from the mind learning. Like the multiplication table the more you practice, the quicker you become at it. Does that make sense?
JPB

Reply Tue 11 Jan, 2011 01:13 pm
@peter jeffrey cobb,
Yes, thanks. I'd wondered if your diagnosis was somehow related to your military service, but apparently not.