Fido

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2011 09:20 am
@PUNKEY,
PUNKEY wrote:

Jessi -
1. PLEASE - Never hit a child or anyone else in the head or mouth area.

2. This behavior is typical of an 8 year old boy. And yes, he does need the Alpha Male in the house (father) to come down on him and tell him that word is not to be used in the house. And that's it. Give the situation to Dad.

3. Most likely, the kid will start using another "buzz word" to piss you off. He really got your goat on that one. What kind of a realtionship do you have with this boy? He is in the push-pull years with the mother/female. Bake him some cookies and put your arm around him. That's what he needs right now. And let the Dad be the strong rule maker and restraint setter for the boy.

I agree with much of what you say, especially about hitting the head or face, which is assault... It is of first importance to make clear to the boy, that he is loved, but that if you cannot get through to him that the state will, eventually, by throwing him in a cage with people much worse than himself, and usually after he makes himself obnoxious by hurting far too many... So; when hugging him, she should put her arm around his neck and head lock him and get his attention as the life begins to ebb, and say: In this test of wills I will win, and you will become a contributing member of this family, or one way or another, we will be done with you.. Then say: Think About It! and cut him loose...
sozobe

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2011 09:21 am
@Fido,
This is satire, right?

("Life begins to ebb"? Fer chrissakes.)
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Thu 6 Jan, 2011 09:23 am
@JessiHart,
JessiHart wrote:

Look, it's not like I bloodied his mouth or anything when I smacked him in the mouth. He didn't cry or anything. It got his attention, and so far I haven't heard "you're fat" again. I have heard "that sucks" about 20 times yesterday, tho! lol His dad has told him that he's not going to be getting his DS next month if he doesn't stop talking the way he does. He yelled "Fine!" and stomped off. Smile He really wants that thing!

And just to clarify. I AM married. My husband works in the evenings. He's a home health aide for his brother who goes to "workshop" during the day; kinda like the kids go to school.

So is that like a husband, or a sears husband??? Is he man, or manikin... If he is not the boys true father he has little business in the affair but to back you up...And if he is the father, he should straighten the kid out in a great big hurry... As a father, right or wrong, my job was the defense of the younger against the older... Might does not make right.. Mine neither..
0 Replies

Proxima

Reply Mon 31 Jan, 2011 07:50 am
@JessiHart,
I would tell him that calling people fat means he is just insecure about himself. Though remember, before taking advice, try to figure out what kind of parent you want to be, my advice stays in the chinese style mostly, maybe even harsher
Fido

Reply Tue 1 Feb, 2011 06:59 am
@Proxima,
Proxima wrote:

I would tell him that calling people fat means he is just insecure about himself. Though remember, before taking advice, try to figure out what kind of parent you want to be, my advice stays in the chinese style mostly, maybe even harsher
Ya!!! Chinese style... Get a whipping boy... Say: You are too precious to spank, but I have this poor little stump here that I am going to whip the **** right out of while you watch because you screwed up... That will fix you up right...

Paleez
0 Replies

treason6661

Reply Mon 27 Feb, 2012 09:50 pm
@chai2,
you know, if my mom did that, maybe I wouldn't be a complete bitch to everyone... she was the whole "explain what I did wrong" type, but honestly, I never learned a damn thing!!!
Fido

Reply Sun 15 Apr, 2012 08:20 am
@treason6661,
treason6661 wrote:

you know, if my mom did that, maybe I wouldn't be a complete bitch to everyone... she was the whole "explain what I did wrong" type, but honestly, I never learned a damn thing!!!
You learned to be honest; and now all you have to remember is that no one knows the whole truth, no one knows it all, and the truth can be the worst sort of weapon in the hands of an enemy, or the greatest and most essential tool in the hands of a friend... The truth hurts... You need to tell it to help, if you can, or keep your silence..
0 Replies