How do start an awereness foundation?

peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Tue 18 Jan, 2011 03:38 pm
@peter jeffrey cobb,
Well just a quick update. I went to my appoitment and gave the Doc the information on how to get to a2k. She said she would read it before my next visit. I also brought the V.A. letter and she said its best to wait till the trial is almost over before I go thru them.
Manz

Reply Wed 19 Jan, 2011 01:54 am
@peter jeffrey cobb,
As i said before, im not good in English but somehow i can understand what u meant pete... My dad died in 2001, my sisters live far away form meh... Friends? Maybe i dont like to knew ppl coz i dont want to be HURT... but in your case? WoW.... i wonder if i can live like that? sickness that made ppl scared of u... that must be so HARD on u... but i wonder y ppl always see BAD things with sick ppl... Dont they wanna help? or maybe just made them feel good, not to mock them Sad ... being NICE is a lovely personality in my eyes Smile... If i only can help u pete... i do ANYTHING for u...
peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Wed 19 Jan, 2011 07:01 am
@Manz,
Thank You Manz. Even though we are half a world appart. In the fiesta community its like we are in the same room. Although I am not able to fuction in a real life society, In the cyber society we have found I am able to communicate and be involved with such great people as yourself. Although its only designed to be a game, Being part of that community has helped me more than any medicine I have tryed so far. Thank You for being you Manz Smile
0 Replies

dobey

Reply Wed 19 Jan, 2011 07:16 am
I wish I knew. Not just that disease but mental health in general. People are so scared when you mention it. I am a teacher and in todays society think we need something to teach students good mental health skills.
In Australia we do have a site which is called Beyond Blue. - look that up it might give you some ideas
Green Witch

Reply Wed 19 Jan, 2011 07:27 am
@dobey,
Quote:
I am a teacher and in todays society think we need something to teach students good mental health skills.

Sorry to be rude and to go off topic on Peter's thread, but how can you possibly be a teacher when you can't write? I assume English is not your native tongue. What do you teach and in what language? I'm just curious.
dobey

Reply Wed 19 Jan, 2011 08:17 am
@Green Witch,
English is my native tounge. I am in an area called 'student services' . I help students with problems, and teach them good social skills. For example manners, and saying sorry usually means nothing because if you were sorry you wouldn't criticise in the firts place.
Green Witch

Reply Wed 19 Jan, 2011 09:36 am
@dobey,
I think my rudeness and apology had more to do with interrupting Peter's thread, and I won't do it again after this post. I am just always surprised when someone who is working in a school has trouble with the language they are teaching in. I am not questioning your ability to teach social skills, I'm sure you are very well mannered and you seem like a nice person, but it I would think you should also have the ability to express yourself at a more competent written level if you are working with students. I honestly thought you were an adolescent, which was reinforced because your moniker is the house elf from Harry Potter (nothing wrong with that says the witch). I do apologize to you for assuming you where a kid trying to pass yourself off as an adult - which was the real dig of my post.
JPB

Reply Wed 19 Jan, 2011 09:44 am
@peter jeffrey cobb,
peter jeffrey cobb wrote:

Well just a quick update. I went to my appoitment and gave the Doc the information on how to get to a2k. She said she would read it before my next visit. I also brought the V.A. letter and she said its best to wait till the trial is almost over before I go thru them.

I'm not surprised that that's the feedback you got. How do you feel about that? The waiting until the trial is almost over before you go through the VA part? Maybe you've already said, but how far into the two year duration of the trial are you? It seems like you're still having significant symptoms and, while I understand that the researchers want to be the primary assessor of your disease, that doesn't mean that you shouldn't get medical help that's available to you. How often are your appointments? Do you feel that the researchers are giving you adequate care?
peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Wed 19 Jan, 2011 04:58 pm
@JPB,
Well as usaly many scenerios run thru my mind. But I understand it a business, And my request for them to work with V.A must be quite unusualy, And it would probaly have to be approved by the board of directors. I tryed dealing with this disease on my own for way too long. Even though I dont feel like the medicine is working. I am gona put my full trust in the medical community to decide what is best for me and others with my disease as whole. The appointments are in between 3 to 4 weeks now and i have about 18 months left on the trial.
peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Wed 19 Jan, 2011 04:59 pm
@Green Witch,
Thank you for that Smile
0 Replies

peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Wed 19 Jan, 2011 04:59 pm
@dobey,
Thank you I will look up the site Smile
0 Replies

dobey

Reply Wed 19 Jan, 2011 08:04 pm
@Green Witch,
I agree lets ignore each other! but before we do just one point: My moniker is DOBEY, not DOBBY which is the house elf from Harry Potter. At least I can read
peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Wed 19 Jan, 2011 08:28 pm
@dobey,
I heard somewhere that smart enemies try to learn from each other................. The funny part is that usaly when that happens they end up becoming friends Smile
0 Replies

peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Wed 19 Jan, 2011 08:43 pm
@peter jeffrey cobb,
By the way I am sure there are some people out there that are well educated in the matter of laws and medicine that are reading this. If at anytime you feel I am doing the wrong thing, Please stated for I am not well educated in these matters Smile Thank You Smile
peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2011 09:55 am
@peter jeffrey cobb,
Uhhh? this topic went from a 3 rating to a 0 rating? Did I say something wrong?
peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2011 09:58 am
@Green Witch,
Hmmm They way I like looked at jobs I used to do was "First you learn it, Then you Teach it". So formal or informal arent we all realy stundents and Teachers?
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2011 09:59 am
@peter jeffrey cobb,
No, you didn't say anything wrong, Pete. The number reflects the number of members who have voted it up (by posting on it or by voting the thread up at the forum level) minus the number of members who have it hidden. The zero simply means that one more person has it hidden than the number that has voted it up.
peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Thu 20 Jan, 2011 10:01 am
@JPB,
Ok Smile now I understand the system a little better Smile Thank You Smile
0 Replies

peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2011 08:01 am
@peter jeffrey cobb,
Now I updated my 'Proff of God' topic I believe that is one of the central questions I get asked "do believe the voices in your is God?' Well its hard but I have to be thruthfull. But before jumping to conclusions, You must understand My personal defenition of God. Beacause by it my answer has to be yes Smile Quit jumping to conclusions Smile go read and be logical, and understand what all I consider to be God Smile
peter jeffrey cobb

Reply Fri 21 Jan, 2011 09:56 am
@peter jeffrey cobb,
Ok you see how my views complete conflict with societies? I am asked do you believe in the devil? Well my reply is "Dantes Inferno is a good book but no I dont worship it" Well then the question of death? If I believe that evreything has no beguining nor an end. Than you realy nerver cease to exist and you always have existed. So my views in death sure theres emotions to it but its not the end just another transformation a never ending one from energy to mass and vise versa.
0 Replies