Dosed

Reply Sun 17 Apr, 2011 03:23 pm
@hawkeye10,
false, you and the others are playing victim blaming, which is a psychological fallacy which you can learn about here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Victim_blaming
BillRM

Reply Sun 17 Apr, 2011 03:28 pm
@Dosed,
Quote:
You're certainly entitled to your opinion, but you should know that it disgusts me and many other humanists.

Hawkeye are you getting the same impression that I am that our humanist friend that started this thread might not be all she claimed to had been at the beginning of this thread?

Somehow I can not see her having an honest question of if she was indeed rape being comparable to her positions that she is now taking on the matter.

hawkeye10

Reply Sun 17 Apr, 2011 03:37 pm
@BillRM,
Yes, she has completely changed her tune. As you know Bill I have argued consistently that power never goes unused, I think that the feminists are counting on the fact the once the laws allow women to be legally in control of men that women will over time adjust and take on the new power, and use it as they see fit, which given human nature we know that it will often be used towards morally questionable or morally wrong aims. The older women that I hang with do not want this power over men and refuse to use it mostly, but have have grave concerns about how these new laws which power women over men impact the relationships of the young. The data so far is far from encouraging, with it showing that the young have very weak intimate relationships, and with the data showing that young men are demoralized and disconnected.

I think what we see with Dosed is that she has now been made aware of her power over men, and she is now prepared to use it.
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 17 Apr, 2011 03:44 pm
@Dosed,
Dosed wrote:

false, you and the others are playing victim blaming, which is a psychological fallacy which you can learn about here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Victim_blaming
Sometimes those who claim to be victims or who are held out to be victims are in fact not victims, and have no right to the tittle. It is with in our rights to evaluate the claim, and to blame the so called victims if circumstances justify the demand that they take all or some of the blame for what happened. All too often playing the victim card becomes a free pass from scrutiny of the claims made, which harms us all. I dont condone or facilitate that misuse of power.
0 Replies

Dosed

Reply Sun 17 Apr, 2011 03:46 pm
@hawkeye10,
um, no. you don't even know what you're talking about. the kind of feminism you are referring to is called second wave feminism, which was popular in the 1970s. This is that "men are scum" view point. Modern feminism, also known as third wave feminism, focuses on embracing differences, not just between men and women, but as individuals across the spectrum. You can learn about the different waves of feminism here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second-wave_feminism

Once again, you're talking out of your ass. Grow a pair of balls and educate yourself, or kindly step out of the conversation. It's clearly over your head.
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 17 Apr, 2011 03:51 pm
@Dosed,
Dosed wrote:

um, no. you don't even know what you're talking about. the kind of feminism you are referring to is called second wave feminism, which was popular in the 1970s. This is that "men are scum" view point. Modern feminism, also known as third wave feminism, focuses on embracing differences, not just between men and women, but as individuals across the spectrum. You can learn about the different waves of feminism here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second-wave_feminism

Once again, you're talking out of your ass. Grow a pair of balls and educate yourself, or kindly step out of the conversation. It's clearly over your head.
Differences are only acceptable so long as they dont conflict with the political agenda of the feminist. For instance any call to grant men power or even stop taking power away from men will be rejected on what ever grounds are expected to sell the best.
BillRM

Reply Sun 17 Apr, 2011 03:54 pm
@hawkeye10,
The following is from her blog http://dosesofdosed.blogspot.com/
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I didn’t meet my father til I was 14, and I haven’t seen him since
--------------------------------------------------------------------

In fact looking at her blog paint a picture of a fairly bright 21 year olds with very mixed feelings concerning men and relationships that may or may not have something to do with her non-relationship with her father.

Dosed

Reply Sun 17 Apr, 2011 03:55 pm
@hawkeye10,
Nope. Wrong. Differences are embraced and seen as something new to be brought to the table. Third wave feminism focuses on destroying the binary system of categorizing things as "good" and "bad." For example, the scientific proof that women are more emotional than men has long been seen that women are hysterical and in some way not as good as men at rationality and thinking logically. As if logic was better than emotion. Third wave feminists focus on issues like this. Not "Men are scum and we need to chop off their dicks."

Get with the times, old man. Read books. Learn stuff. Be educated. Stop making a fool of yourself.
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 17 Apr, 2011 04:07 pm
@Dosed,
Dosed wrote:

Nope. Wrong. Differences are embraced and seen as something new to be brought to the table. Third wave feminism focuses on destroying the binary system of categorizing things as "good" and "bad." For example, the scientific proof that women are more emotional than men has long been seen that women are hysterical and in some way not as good as men at rationality and thinking logically. As if logic was better than emotion. Third wave feminists focus on issues like this. Not "Men are scum and we need to chop off their dicks."

Get with the times, old man. Read books. Learn stuff. Be educated. Stop making a fool of yourself.
Sex law, the place where feminists retreated to after their message was rejected by a whole generation of women after the ERA failed, not only does not reflect your assertions but proves the opposite. You have been reading without evaluation too many glossy feminist propaganda brochures.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sun 17 Apr, 2011 04:14 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

The following is from her blog http://dosesofdosed.blogspot.com/
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I didn’t meet my father til I was 14, and I haven’t seen him since
--------------------------------------------------------------------

In fact looking at her blog paint a picture of a fairly bright 21 year olds with very mixed feelings concerning men and relationships that may or may not have something to do with her non-relationship with her father.

That does not mean much in todays time where so many are growing up in broken homes....what matters is if she had consistant positive masculine role models while growing up. Her mother would have been the one to determine this, by the quality of men she brought into the picture, and by the degree she allowed them to impact her daughter.

However, you are right to suspect a problem, as the lack of quality men free of the chains that women tend to want to employ negatively impacts the education of both girls and boys.
BillRM

Reply Sun 17 Apr, 2011 04:18 pm
Footnote it is amazing to me what the new generation will share with the world online.

In any case there is less and less reason from reading her current postings here and her Blog to think that her question was in any way an honest one.

Hell I am beginning to question if the events she had given us is any more real then her question happen to had been honest.

Third wave feminism indeed.
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 17 Apr, 2011 04:24 pm
@BillRM,
Bill, do yourself a favor and find a copy of comedian Whitney Cummings' "Money Shot", which is now available on Netflix streaming. In comedy we are allowed to talk about stuff that the PC laws shut down, and in this routine we hear a lot of truths about men and women and how we relate to each other sexually that you will not hear in a place like this except from radicals like me who dont give a **** who we piss off so long as we are speaking truth. If you look at it please let me know what you think. Cummings talks very candidly about the use of power in relationships, by both men and women.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Sun 17 Apr, 2011 04:24 pm
@hawkeye10,
Quote:
However, you are right to suspect a problem, as the lack of quality men free of the chains that women tend to want to employ negatively impacts the education of both girls and boys.

It seem her mother remarried or married and had another daughter and on her blog she posted that she is jealous of her sister relationship with her father and her step father.

Also take note of the following comment.

"Some women choose to follow men, and some women choose to follow their dreams. If you're wondering which way you should go, just remember that your education will never wake up one morning and tell you that it doesn't love you anymore."

Once more it is amazing how open the new generation is willing to be.

hawkeye10

Reply Sun 17 Apr, 2011 04:28 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
"Some women choose to follow men, and some women choose to follow their dreams. If you're wondering which way you should go, just remember that your education will never wake up one morning and tell you that it doesn't love you anymore."
I value honesty...this message warning of putting value on men and relationships has been around for a long time, taught by their bitter mothers and it is very damaging to relationships and to the well being of men. As you say, our young men are in the cross hairs, and they know it.
Dosed

Reply Sun 17 Apr, 2011 04:32 pm
@hawkeye10,
so your rebuttal is to look at my profile, pick things out of my blog, and attack them.

That is an ad hominem. That's a logical fallacy you can learn about here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 17 Apr, 2011 04:34 pm
@Dosed,
Quote:
so your rebuttal is to look at my profile, pick things out of my blog, and attack them.
I have never looked at your profile, or your blog.... you have just launched a straw man.....do you really want to play this game of debate ethics with me??
Dosed

Reply Sun 17 Apr, 2011 04:35 pm
@hawkeye10,
You pulled that quote off of my profile, which you can see here: http://able2know.org/user/dosed/
Dosed

Reply Sun 17 Apr, 2011 04:37 pm
@hawkeye10,
also, a straw man is more like focusing on a side issue in an argument and then exaggerating it as if it was their main point. you can learn about that here: http://www.nizkor.org/features/fallacies/straw-man.html
0 Replies

Dosed

Reply Sun 17 Apr, 2011 04:37 pm
@hawkeye10,
Do you like being trolled? It's fun, huh?
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 17 Apr, 2011 04:38 pm
@Dosed,
Dosed wrote:

You pulled that quote off of my profile, which you can see here: http://able2know.org/user/dosed/
I pulled it off of Bills post, if you have a problem with his ethics then take it up with him.