The Republican Nomination For President: The Race For The Race For The White House

Below viewing threshold (view)
DrewDad

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2012 03:55 pm
@Cycloptichorn,
No argument, here.

There's a certain tribalism inherent in political parties, which is only human nature.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2012 04:14 pm
Interesting comments, Cyclo and DD, about the Republican confusion.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2012 04:18 pm
@Setanta,
What's even funnier is that the conservatives are dancing around the fact that our economy is improving, but the conservatives continues to lie about the progress - claiming they can do better without explaining how.
joefromchicago

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2012 04:29 pm
@DrewDad,
Thomas Friedman wrote:
We need to hear conservative fiscal policies, energy policies, immigration policies and public-private partnership concepts

That's easy: just listen to Obama.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2012 05:18 pm
@H2O MAN,
Obama came out with his fiscal 2013 budget today. I commented on it on the "Where Is The Economy Headed" thread.
I am sure, H2O, that you saw the comments from the candidates. What did you think?
H2O MAN

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2012 05:22 pm
@realjohnboy,
I'm sure you saw Obama's pledge to give the Muslim Brotherhood $800 million...
realjohnboy

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2012 05:26 pm
@H2O MAN,
Um, No. Where did you see that? What did you make of the Repub candidates responses to the Obama budget?
realjohnboy

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2012 05:34 pm
This could be interesting. Indiana, like Virginia, has some tough rules for getting on the Republican Party primary ballot. A candidate has to collect 500 signatures in each of the 9 congressional districts.
Santorum fell 8 signatures short in one district.
The guy in charge of Republican primary is also head of the effort to get a win for Romney. He is declining to recuse himself. He says he will be "objective."
H2O MAN

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2012 05:36 pm
@realjohnboy,
You missed that?

It's in his fake ass non-budget.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2012 05:41 pm
@realjohnboy,
Did you hear that John? It's a fake-ass budget that the conservatives have already said "NO" to. No negotiations, just no!
H2O MAN

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2012 05:48 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Why would anyone say YES to a non-budget?
realjohnboy

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2012 05:52 pm
@H2O MAN,
Do you think that McConnell will follow through on his pledge to introduce a Republican budget in the next few weeks?
What did you make of the Republican candidates responses to the Obama budget plan? Paul's was amusing, eh?
H2O MAN

Reply Mon 13 Feb, 2012 06:26 pm
@realjohnboy,

I have not seen any of the responses, but how can anyone call what
Obama just re-regurgitated any kind of a plan with a straight face?

I bet you were chuckling when you typed the question...
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Tue 14 Feb, 2012 05:12 am
Finally, he reveals his present self:
Quote:
""We are not auditioning for fearless leader. We don't need a president to tell us in what direction to go. We know what direction to go...We just need a president to sign this stuff. We don't need someone to think it up or design it...Pick a Republican with enough working digits to handle a pen...""
—Grover Norquist at CPAC

Interesting.
When George W. Bush was President, he proposed, along with Cheney and the rest of the gang, that the answer for them was an Imperial Presidency which wouldn't pay all that much attention to those pawns over on the Hill or whoever was in that marble building with all the stairs, the ones wearing robes.

Now that he thinks he's got enough of all of those rubes, both Hill and Court, in his pocket, he can reverse himself and reveal who he thinks is running this Democratic Republic.

Himself.

Oh, and, of course, his 1% backers.

And if enough of us peons keep carping about the lack of perfection in this current administration's efforts, he might be right.

Joe(They will have bought us all)Nation

0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Tue 14 Feb, 2012 05:26 am
   http://www.pollingreport.com/images/PEW120213.GIF

Feb. 12, 2012. Where's that "groundswell" against Obama you think is happening, H2O? His lead is increasing.
engineer

Reply Tue 14 Feb, 2012 07:39 am
@MontereyJack,
I don't get too excited about head to head polls this early. After the Republican convention Romney and Obama will take the gloves off, the super PAC's will start to weigh in and the poll numbers will start to settle.
revelette

Reply Tue 14 Feb, 2012 08:08 am
@engineer,
Your right, however, the candidates have already been putting out negative ads against Obama and talk of him as much as they do each other. It is encouraging to me that so far it is not working. But your right, once a republican candidate gets settled on, (one wonders if that day will ever come) all those who were for the other guy will probably unite for the winner of the nomination and Obama's lead may shrink or disappear.

Another thing which gives me hope and I don't really see a big enthusiasm for any of the republican candidates but especially not for Romney.