Obese Children a National Security Threat?

chai2

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2010 02:20 pm
@Arella Mae,
Arella Mae wrote:

All this talk about how others have an effect on someone's self-esteem and having a healthy attitude. So you lump them in with terrorists? They are children!

Going off course a little here....

This type of statement makes me shakes my head. I wonder how much kids getting fat comes from telling little Ernie what a great little fella he is, and it's ok to sit on his ass eating cheetos and watching educational TV, because he's special.

Wouldn't want to hurt little Ashley/Brittany/Emily's feelings and lower her self esteem by suggesting they aren't at a healthy weight, and maybe go out and play rather than tweet her friendlets about nothing. "Honey, instead of tweeting them, why don't you WALK over to their house and talk to them?"
George

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2010 02:27 pm
@engineer,
engineer wrote:
remedial bootcamp

I love it!
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2010 02:57 pm
@engineer,
A zombie invasion ? ! ? ! ? Oh my god . . . why didn't anyone tell me ? ? ?
sozobe

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2010 03:10 pm
@Setanta,
http://vinteeage.com/product-images/zombies-hate-fast-food-t-shirt-vintage-t-shirt-review-snorg-tees-snorg-tees.gif

Zombies are anti-anti-childhood obesity.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2010 03:11 pm
Hehehehehehehehehe . . .
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 17 Dec, 2010 07:47 pm
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:

Arella Mae wrote:

All this talk about how others have an effect on someone's self-esteem and having a healthy attitude. So you lump them in with terrorists? They are children!

Going off course a little here....

This type of statement makes me shakes my head. I wonder how much kids getting fat comes from telling little Ernie what a great little fella he is, and it's ok to sit on his ass eating cheetos and watching educational TV, because he's special.

Wouldn't want to hurt little Ashley/Brittany/Emily's feelings and lower her self esteem by suggesting they aren't at a healthy weight, and maybe go out and play rather than tweet her friendlets about nothing. "Honey, instead of tweeting them, why don't you WALK over to their house and talk to them?"

So many children are committing suicide because of bullies. One is too many. Am I saying some kid will commit suicide because of this? No, I am not. The thing is people talk about self-esteem, positive reinforcement, encouragement, etc. I am all for helping kids to be healthy physically and emotionally. Bullies will find anything to hurt others and saying childhood obesity (fat kids, let's face it, it means the same thing) is a national security threat was at the least an insensitive statement.
BillRM

Reply Sat 18 Dec, 2010 01:55 am
@Arella Mae,
Quote:
Bullies will find anything to hurt others and saying childhood obesity (fat kids, let's face it, it means the same thing) is a national security threat was at the least an insensitive statement.

Making a big deal out of nothing at all seem to be a growing hobby in this country.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Sat 18 Dec, 2010 07:57 am
@chai2,
What's a cheeto?
George

Reply Sat 18 Dec, 2010 08:06 am
@Mame,
Mame wrote:

What's a cheeto?

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRwDsWz19xQ4xJcz3Wp5MHYNdK7q_zgVjALfI4QQptycCUrEI-s
A kind of snack food.
chai2

Reply Sat 18 Dec, 2010 08:07 am
@Mame,
Mame wrote:

What's a cheeto?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_D4maDYyB6ws/TCUaR-H2oeI/AAAAAAAAAZk/Y5kiNRBjdHc/s320/cheetos.jpg

However, as you can clearly see, eating these cannot contribute to obesity, childhood or otherwise, as they have "0 grams of trans fat" Rolling Eyes

0 Replies

chai2

Reply Sat 18 Dec, 2010 08:09 am
Anyone else here a fan of South Park?

"Well YEAH I want cheezie poofs!"

chai2

Reply Sat 18 Dec, 2010 08:19 am
@chai2,
Cheesy poofs, and snacky cakes.
George

Reply Sat 18 Dec, 2010 09:45 am
@chai2,
I love it when you talk like that.
djjd62

Reply Sat 18 Dec, 2010 10:03 am
@George,
George wrote:
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRwDsWz19xQ4xJcz3Wp5MHYNdK7q_zgVjALfI4QQptycCUrEI-s

if she's an orphan i think i found my soul mate
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Sat 18 Dec, 2010 02:05 pm
@George,
George wrote:

I love it when you talk like that.

One time Cartman had an entire choclate cake on the bus.

He stuffed himself, then said.

"oh.......I.....don't think........I......can't eat another bite......of this....choclatey goodness......

oh.......yes I can."
chai2

Reply Sat 18 Dec, 2010 02:10 pm
@chai2,
Actually....

Eric Cartman HAS been a threat to national security on a number of occassions, so, Mrs. Obama might have soemthing here.
0 Replies