Elizabeth Edwards dead at age 61

Lash

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2010 03:39 pm
@JPB,
I read the link. I can't figure out why these buffoons think "God hates Elizabeth Edwards."

I'm a pretty serious proponent of free speech, but also personal privacy at funerals. What could possibly be their motive re Elizabeth?
JPB

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2010 03:42 pm
@Lash,
media attention.
Lash

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2010 03:42 pm
@JPB,
Then, they could protest anyone....
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2010 03:43 pm
@JPB,
I was going to post that but was too damned depressed...
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2010 03:45 pm
@Lash,
As they said in their own words at the school incident I posted about here, http://able2know.org/topic/164079-1#post-4421660

Their selections of people and places have very little to do with ethics, morals or ideology. They do it for publicity and attention.

Watch the video at the above link and hear it in their own words.
Lash

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2010 03:47 pm
@Butrflynet,
Thanks. Didn't see this on the thread, butrfly.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 10 Dec, 2010 11:25 am
Apparently the Westboro folks are under the opinion that Elizabeth didn't adequately seek intervention for her cancer from god. I guess she died for cause.
Ceili

Reply Fri 10 Dec, 2010 11:28 am
@dyslexia,
Last night on the news they stated that this group of religious freaks were going to picket because the methods she used to get pregnant were against god regarding her last two children. I was unaware god was against pregnancy however conceived...
Green Witch

Reply Fri 10 Dec, 2010 01:54 pm
@Lash,
This sort of behavior crosses the line from free speech into harassment. People should not picket the dead. I believe the problem is the drugs she used likely created more than one viable embryo, but to avoid a multiple birth some of those fertile eggs would have been destroyed.
Rockhead

Reply Fri 10 Dec, 2010 01:58 pm
@Green Witch,
my only goal in life is to outlive Fred.

I have big plans for his funeral...

(ok, not my only one. don't need no new friends in the FB you know what...)
Green Witch

Reply Fri 10 Dec, 2010 02:04 pm
@Rockhead,
Wouldn't that be fun. I think we should organize a gay parade for the event.
Rockhead

Reply Fri 10 Dec, 2010 02:07 pm
@Green Witch,
I have a feeling it will be a gala event.

him with the eye for an eye and all that...
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Fri 10 Dec, 2010 03:36 pm
@Ceili,
They are picketing because they know the press will be there and they are looking for press. If the press showed up, they picketed and it didn't make a single newscast, they would change their approach, but today they are getting tons of press, exactly what they want.
Ceili

Reply Fri 10 Dec, 2010 03:48 pm
@engineer,
I know, just wondering if the god they pray too has a different set of rules the rest of know nothing about. I'm sadly all too aware what this groups agenda is. Just wish their god would strike 'em all lame or dumb as in mute, cause he's covered the ignorant part...
Eva

Reply Fri 10 Dec, 2010 09:28 pm
@dyslexia,
dyslexia wrote:

I'm thinking the state of Kansas needs to fund the Westboro folks to build an amusement park.

In Alaska.

(just so it's farther away from me)
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sat 11 Dec, 2010 03:24 am
I was never a big fan of Mrs Edwards but she had it rough in the latter years of her life and from what I can tell lived them with grace.

At some point in their lives together (and before his publicized affair became known to her) she must have realized what she had in him. Why did she stay?
For the sake of the kids? Life style? Promise of greater prestige and power?

You can't yell fire in a movie theater, because someone might be injured or worse.

You shouldn't be able to harass funerals because one of these days someone is going to get injured or worse.

Despicable people.
JPB

Reply Sat 11 Dec, 2010 08:47 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
Why did she stay?
For the sake of the kids? Life style? Promise of greater prestige and power?

I imagine she's explained that in her book (which I haven't read), or in some interview. Women stay in failed marriages for all of the reasons you listed and more. Religion has a lot to do with it in many cases.

Quote:
Despicable people.

Indeed.
0 Replies

Fido

Reply Sat 11 Dec, 2010 08:57 am
@Ceili,
Ceili wrote:

I know, just wondering if the god they pray too has a different set of rules the rest of know nothing about. I'm sadly all too aware what this groups agenda is. Just wish their god would strike 'em all lame or dumb as in mute, cause he's covered the ignorant part...
You are mad because he struck them stupid instead???
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sat 11 Dec, 2010 06:00 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
You can't yell fire in a movie theater, because someone might be injured or worse.

Yeah, like burnt.
0 Replies