Elizabeth Edwards dead at age 61

jespah

Reply Tue 7 Dec, 2010 04:36 pm
http://www.cnn.com/2010/POLITICS/12/06/elizabeth.edwards.obit/index.html?hpt=T1&iref=BN1

As expected, she died of breast cancer. Had a colorful life -- can't argue with that. Let's keep the discussion civil, please. No one's asking for eulogies but do be kind to your fellow A2Kers. Thanks.

Fido

Reply Tue 7 Dec, 2010 04:40 pm
@jespah,
I would have voted for her for president about a hundred times even before voting once for her scumbag husband... She understood America's crying need for change which Obama is not answering, and the tea baggers will not answer, so it will not be answered until the people take matters into their own hands... She was real...
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Tue 7 Dec, 2010 04:42 pm
@jespah,
Quote:
"The days of our lives, for all of us, are numbered. We know that. And, yes, there are certainly times when we aren't able to muster as much strength and patience as we would like. It's called being human," she wrote.

"But I have found that in the simple act of living with hope, and in the daily effort to have a positive impact in the world, the days I do have are made all the more meaningful and precious. And for that I am grateful. It isn't possible to put into words the love and gratitude I feel to everyone who has and continues to support and inspire me every day. To you I simply say: you know."

Amen.

RIP Ms Edwards.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Tue 7 Dec, 2010 04:42 pm
She was a remarkable and very resilient person.
0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
dyslexia

Reply Tue 7 Dec, 2010 04:53 pm
she was an honest person, I respect that. I respect her life.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 7 Dec, 2010 05:27 pm
I seriously liked that woman and wish there were more like her on the planet. Greenwitch is the only female, in my opinion, who came close.
Lash

Reply Tue 7 Dec, 2010 05:31 pm
Was just talking about this with a friend. It's a bit horrifying to go through your life devoted and supportive - and to be humiliated publicly while you're getting chemo. I have a hard time imagining a worse thing to go through while you are in the most arduous battle of your life - knowing odds are you're losing it.

The news made me sad.
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Tue 7 Dec, 2010 05:35 pm
Wow, I was under the impression she was better, this is sad news indeed. May she rest in peace and may her ex get what's coming to him.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 7 Dec, 2010 05:39 pm
She and I could argue back and forth...

In the meantime, rest in peace.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Wed 8 Dec, 2010 08:28 am
@gustavratzenhofer,
gustavratzenhofer wrote:

I seriously liked that woman and wish there were more like her on the planet. Greenwitch is the only female, in my opinion, who came close.

Thanks, Gus. I felt the same way about you when Art Linkletter died.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Wed 8 Dec, 2010 09:38 am
She was the perfect wife for a politician - only his narcissist ego crossed the line.
I'm sure all that stress contributed to her wellbeing and health in a negative way.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 8 Dec, 2010 09:50 am
I hope she was able to find some peace for herself.
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Wed 8 Dec, 2010 12:09 pm
Classy woman.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Wed 8 Dec, 2010 12:43 pm
RIP Elizabeth.

Back in 08 when Edwards withdrew from the race, I was of the opinion that this was the wise choice, as I did not believe he would be able to be a good president with his wife having cancer, and potentially dying during his term in office.

It seemed I was a lone voice crying in the wilderness. Overlooking all the other nasty things that happened since then, I still believe he made the right choice, for the same reason.
I have no doubt grave mistakes would have been made, because there is no way one can put a dying wife in a neat little package up on a shelf, when you get up and go to work.
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Wed 8 Dec, 2010 02:07 pm
An inspiring woman who lived with great grace and dignity.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Wed 8 Dec, 2010 04:30 pm
It is just such a shame that the last years of her life she had to endure John's
infidelities and deal with his lies and be openly humiliated and talked about.
The public interviews John's mistress had given weren't exactly favorable towards Elisabeth either, yet she graciously stood above it all and took it
like the strong lady she was. I wish she could have had a better ending.

farmerman

Reply Wed 8 Dec, 2010 05:14 pm
@CalamityJane,
she was a class act
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2010 01:45 pm
sigh...

Quote:
A church that pickets funerals to protest what it calls American immorality says its members will be picketing the service this Saturday for Elizabeth Edwards, who died of breast cancer on Tuesday.

Based in Topeka, Kan., the Westboro Baptist Church said it would be outside the Edenton Street United Methodist Church in Raleigh, N.C., during the funeral for the former wife of one-time vice presidential candidate John Edwards.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40587353/ns/us_news-life/
dyslexia

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2010 02:40 pm
@JPB,
I'm thinking the state of Kansas needs to fund the Westboro folks to build an amusement park.