What are your thoughts on homosexuals raising children?

djjd62

Reply Wed 8 Dec, 2010 05:05 pm
@Green Witch,
the top picture was slow loading for me, i kept expecting Nathan Lane and Matthew Broderick Razz
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 8 Dec, 2010 05:33 pm
@Subliminal0,
On the fellow with the white studio facing the white beach and the sun, he was also blond. I don't remember his last name, so I can research how his life went.

I know people think it's hard to believe, any passion between those with differing sexualities, but that makes me chuckle.
We understood each other well except for that important bit about preference, of which I had zero clue.

Not all that long later, he met a fellow that he has been with for something like thirty years. The odd, amusing, part is that fellow is a garden designer. I'm a retired landscape architect, but when this fellow and I were lovers, I worked in medical labs. I happen to like his partner and vice versa.

All's well that ends well.
ossobuco

Reply Wed 8 Dec, 2010 05:38 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
I don't understand this post - what? - but I agree with the end point of view.
Subliminal0

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2010 01:04 am
@ossobuco,
What a small world. I can't say I've ever heard of a scenario like yours with the careers. It's not often that people date those with the same career unless they find the other at their ex's job/work field, or they knew each other previously.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2010 04:20 pm
@Subliminal0,
Subliminal0 wrote:

I do not have a belief that homosexuals do not choose their sexual orientation. If you read my posts, I clearly stated I have faith in the general statement that says it occurs during lateralization. It is there, psychologically, before birth. My quote of, “It’s just a person’s preference. I prefer tea over hot chocolate, but that doesn’t mean I have a food disorder,” meant that I was implying their philosophy to things outside of orientation. They like the same gender, just as I like tea. It doesn’t make it a disorder. I wasn’t attempting to imply it’s a choice. Also, I said this twice [now three times because I have to tell you twice – pay attention this time], I call homosexuality a preference because as far as I know, there isn’t really a word that scientifically and correctly explains it. It’s not a disorder, illness, or a preference, but it’s dubbed a preference in my book until I know otherwise. Don’t take it too literally.

“it is better for a child to be raised by opposite sex parents, and that they should be given preference over homosexual couples in terms of adoption.”

Why so? I don’t understand how having a male and female raise you would be any better than two men or two women. The only downfall is maybe a bit of pressure and maybe the lack of a father/mother figure. Even so, children will look to others as role models such as teachers, friend’s parents, etc. Children also receive outside pressure from many things due to their parents: lack of wealth, rumors, etc.

You contradict yourself with, “Ultimately, a child is much better off with loving parents in a stable home than in foster care, and it would be a crime to deprive them of that opportunity simply because of the sexual orientation of the parents.”

Why support homosexuals raising children when the sentence before it, you say heterosexuals should be given priority over homosexuals. Even though that implies it ‘is a crime’ to deny a homosexual a child, it is also a crime to ‘give them a child when there are heterosexuals who want children.’ ‘All else being roughly equal’ – that is like saying it is completely fair, but because their orientation is different than what is traditional, it lowers them from deserving children.

‘It would be a crime to deprive them of that opportunity simply because of the sexual orientation of the parents.’ You saying heterosexuals deserve children over homosexuals is depriving them of the opportunity to have a child/the child to have parents because of the parents’ sexual orientation. There are always going to be heterosexuals adopting.

How you reconcile the different things you've said about choice isn't really of interest to me. If you do or do not believe it is choice, that's fine with me. I don't think it matters.

I don't know why you're having trouble with the consistency of my comments.

I don't think homsexual couples should be prohibited from adopting children.

I do think, based on research I have read and my own personal analysis, that it is advantageous to the healthy development of a child for the parents to be of opposite sexes. This doesn't mean that homosexual parents cannot provide for the healthy development of a child, just that there is a better chance of that result if the parents are heterosexual.

I'm sorry, but I look at this issue in terms of the interests of the child, not the would be parents and so if all else is roughly equal concerning the characteristics of the parents, the fact that one is heterosexual should tip the scales in the choice of who gets to adopt the kid.

If there are not enough decent heterosexual parents out there to adopt children, then there will be children for decent homosexual parents to adopt.

If there are more decent heterosexual parents out there than kids who need to be adopted, then yes, under my rule, decent homosexual parents will not be able to adopt.

That isn't the case though.

There may be a "shortage" of healthy white American babies for adoption, but there are plenty of kids out there who need parents

0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2010 04:22 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

I don't understand this post - what? - but I agree with the end point of view.

That's fine. If you're interested, tell me what you don't understand and I will try to better explain myself.
0 Replies

failures art

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2010 07:11 pm
@Subliminal0,
A simple way to refer to homosexuals is to simply describe them. So instead of "preference" or "disorder" simple factual language that is unbiased works best.

"Homosexuals are people who are sexually attracted to the same sex."

Conjecture often leads to digression on this topic in my experience.

A
R
T
BillRM

Reply Thu 9 Dec, 2010 07:19 pm
@failures art,
Quote:
A simple way to refer to homosexuals is to simply describe them. So instead of "preference" or "disorder" simple factual language that is unbiased works best.
"Homosexuals are people who are sexually attracted to the same sex."

Let see a swamp is now call a wetland.

A drunken bum is now call a homeless person.

War Department is now a defense department
0 Replies

failures art

Reply Sun 6 Feb, 2011 04:19 pm
Old thread, but instead of starting a new topic, I'll post this here.

A
R
T
0 Replies

IsmailaGodHasHeard

Reply Tue 18 Dec, 2012 09:50 pm
@mywhitesox,
I would rather see a baby be adopted by a same sex couple than be aborted.
0 Replies

momoends

Reply Fri 25 Sep, 2015 10:43 pm
@dyslexia,
checking your profile I see you are a caucasian man so if you think America should be just for Americans.... you should be one of the firsts leaving. Native American people will thank you surely
0 Replies

momoends

Reply Fri 25 Sep, 2015 10:52 pm
@BillRM,
clear example of "ignorance is very daring". sex between same sex individuals is common among all the species in nature
0 Replies

momoends

Reply Fri 25 Sep, 2015 10:54 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
the choice of not denying yourself and love freely. yes it´s a choice to not bend to society and go again´t your happiness, but it´s not the choice you are talking about
0 Replies

momoends

Reply Fri 25 Sep, 2015 11:01 pm
@BillRM,
first: homosexuality it´s not a disease so not valid comparing it to cancer or heart diseases

second: those "homosexual" individuals you assimilate to death to his specie future often helps other with their offspring and helps providing food for the group not having cubs on their own to be concern about... so no: they don´t cause the dead of breeding animals that would survive otherwise mainly because those surviving hard times are the strongest and cleverest ones and grown adults are prioritized agains´t young and weak ones, to assure future offspring
0 Replies

momoends

Reply Fri 25 Sep, 2015 11:04 pm
@BillRM,
sex is not about breeding.... if somebody chose a same sex partner to "naturally" reproduce themselves that would be a mental disorder for sure Smile !!! but homosexual choose somebody of their same sex as partners for live, to take care of, to love..... to enjoy sex... there´s not a sex disorder in that concept
0 Replies

momoends

Reply Fri 25 Sep, 2015 11:15 pm
@spidergal,
could you please name or explain exactly what is the unique genetic constitution about and what genes are responsible of homosexuality? just curious to know exactly about my genes that i don´t know about and you seem to know everything

second: it is called homosexuality not homosexualism any more cause it´s not consider a pathology any more so discussing wether or not is some king of disorder it´s out of the question by definition
ossobuco

Reply Fri 25 Sep, 2015 11:47 pm
@momoends,
Spidergal hasn't posted here for some years.

I can't figure you out, you hate homosexuals or you are fine with them. All I see here is rampant ranting.
momoends

Reply Fri 2 Oct, 2015 10:47 pm
@ossobuco,
i´m a lesbian and i´m new here sorry if i replied to somebody "missing" for a while. "rampant ranting"? well, if you had´t figured me out, sure it seems a rampant ranting for you
ossobuco

Reply Fri 2 Oct, 2015 11:41 pm
@momoends,
You obliterated one of our most loved people here, now deceased.
A guy that might have agreed with you on stuff.

The posters here vary. We vary in ages here, somewhat of a good thing.

some of us disagree strongly on some matters.
momoends

Reply Sat 3 Oct, 2015 12:17 am
@ossobuco,
as i told you i´m new here and i said "missing" because i wanted to be cautious about the reason that person hadn´t posted for a while. my condolences for your lost. you can disagree strongly on some matters and still be polite. it´s great talking to different people. i´m not a youngster anymore but it´s still difficult to guess who´s an usual or who´s not
0 Replies