Men -- Would You Wear Makeup if it were Socially Acceptable?

cjhsa

Reply Wed 17 Dec, 2003 03:49 pm
Does bronser count?
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Wed 17 Dec, 2003 03:53 pm
Eva wrote:
Men used to pad their calves to show off their legs.

And now some of them get calf implants instead! Shocked
0 Replies

Individual

Reply Wed 17 Dec, 2003 05:35 pm
A lot of young guys do consistently shave or wax their bodies. It started out with those muscle-bound swimmers and then moved on to other people who thought that it helped to give them definition.
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Sat 20 Dec, 2003 12:09 am
You couldn't beat my husband with a stick to make him wear makeup....lol He's never been fashionable. When we go out, its the usual.....Wranglers, dress shirt, baseball cap. I could just see him with his goatee' and lipstick...LMAO

But I do wear makeup....its a normal thing for me. Don't miss a day.....
0 Replies

shepaints

Reply Sun 4 Jan, 2004 03:32 pm
I love make up and admire Tammy Faye....but
no, I don't like it on men......except maybe for Johnny Depp
in The Pirates of the Carribean......
0 Replies

oldandknew

Reply Sun 4 Jan, 2004 04:12 pm
Make up for men ? nah, not my bag. Keep it for the flowers. I don't think it would go with my beard & I'm too lazy to shave.
I don't even wear a wristwatch. As for tatoos or ironmongery sticking thru my ears or nose, never in a month of Sundays
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Sun 4 Jan, 2004 04:35 pm
I was in glitter/glam rock bands and I've worn plenty. Not to go to the grocery store though.

Even today, when I gig, I use a little preparation H as a foundation and then put on some powder, but only because I'm 54 playing in a market whose target audience is in their 20's. I'm lucky to be youthful looking, that's in the family gene pool, but I enhance it a little for stage work. No big deal.

And before the ass face jokes start rolling in, preparation H shrinks tissue...i.e. lines around the eyes and mouth.

If you must make ass face jokes though go ahead, I'm here to amuse you. I'm full of love and good cheer ya know. Cool
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 5 Jan, 2004 09:55 am
Now I know who to ask for advice should I ever start wearing makeup...
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Mon 5 Jan, 2004 10:00 am
But remember I can't advise you on what to wear for dayuse at the office Slappy....only rock star stuff.

Judging from your avatar, I would advise the electric blue trailer park eye shadow that's making a comeback for your look and complexion however.
0 Replies

jora

Reply Fri 30 Jan, 2004 10:10 pm
I love, love, loooove black eyeliner on men. It makes them look so evil and sexy. Especially Johnny Depp in Pirates of the Caribbean. Normally I'm not into Johnny Depp, but him dressed up all rugged but with pretty eyeliner made me rush to the movie theater drooling.
0 Replies