snood

Sat 23 Jul, 2016 11:04 am
@revelette2,
revelette2 wrote:

If she said all those things (didn't watch it) then you are right, it does speak to the kind of father Trump is. It is not the picture we have from others who know him personally in his business so perhaps it only applies to his families. I imagine there are criminals who are good to their families. For all we know, Trump gave her money to say nice things about him, wouldn't surprise me. Or it could be real. It doesn't really matter, like Bickers said, it is akin to a mother giving a nice description under oath for her son or daughter on trial for something.

I mean, seriously. What the hell else are someone's kids going to say, if they're corralled to speak at his internationally televised nomination show? "He is a phony and charlatan in every way, who is as selfish and cold in his personal life as he is in his businesses"?
cicerone imposter

Sat 23 Jul, 2016 11:14 am
@snood,
Worth repeating, because some people seem to miss the obvious.
Quote:
I mean, seriously. What the hell else are someone's kids going to say, if they're corralled to speak at his internationally televised nomination show? "He is a phony and charlatan in every way, who is as selfish and cold in his personal life as he is in his businesses"?
0 Replies

snood

Sat 23 Jul, 2016 03:41 pm
I'm not a Michael Moore fan. But this is kind of interesting. His "Five reasons why Donald will win":

1. Midwest Math, or Welcome to Our Rust Belt Brexit
2. The Last Stand of the Angry White Man
3. The Hillary Problem
4. The Depressed Sanders Vote
5. The Jesse Ventura Effect.

Read more about it here:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/michael-moore/5-reasons-why-trump-will-_b_11156794.html
bobsal u1553115

Sat 23 Jul, 2016 03:46 pm
@snood,
Interesting but has too many immeasurable "if's".

One thing is certain: we have to get out the vote. Take nothing for granted. Spike the ball.
giujohn

Sat 23 Jul, 2016 03:59 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Furnishing you with facts or evidence is like pissing in the Wind you don't care about facts and you don't believe the evidence regardless
giujohn

Sat 23 Jul, 2016 04:02 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
What you need to do is start thinking up a catchy name to use it here cuz you're not going to be using Bobsalu1553115 after November
0 Replies

parados

Sat 23 Jul, 2016 04:07 pm
@giujohn,
That's funny, giujohn. You claimed that lowering taxes has never created a higher deficit. I pointed to 3 historical instances where what you said has never happened did happen. Then I asked you for one instance of what you think lowering taxes will do has ever occurred. You still haven't produced one instance from history.

Who is it that doesn't care about facts or evidence? It seems you believe what you want to believe in spite of reality to the contrary. Now it seems you want to deny the facts that fatal police shootings have gone down in the last decade. You aren't standing in the rain, giujohn. That is your piss blowing back at you.
ehBeth

Sat 23 Jul, 2016 07:44 pm
@snood,
snood wrote:

I'm not a Michael Moore fan. But this is kind of interesting. His "Five reasons why Donald will win":

1. Midwest Math, or Welcome to Our Rust Belt Brexit

that's a big piece of why I hoped Mrs. Clinton would pick a mid-west or western running mate
Lash

Sat 23 Jul, 2016 07:57 pm
Maybe it's her complete and unquestionably corrupt personality?

‘She’s a war hawk with bad judgement who gets an unseemly emotional rush out of killing people.’ --- Julian Assange ... and everybody who's awake in the US.

http://observer.com/2016/06/why-julian-assange-doesnt-want-hillary-clinton-to-be-president/

blatham

Sat 23 Jul, 2016 08:46 pm
My take on the Bernie supporters (the destined to be displeased contingent).

I would be very surprised if there wasn't a pretty significant overlap between these folks and the Occupy Movement crowd. Initially, I was a strong supporter of that movement and attended the on-going rallies in Portland where Lola and I donated a bunch of fried chickens to the campers. But my support dwindled as I came to conclude that these folks were not serious, were really just dilletantes with attitude. Their refusal, on some poorly thought-out principle, to organize effectively killed them as a movement that might otherwise have been far more influential than they were.

Sanders' "movement" could become something powerful and influential. But for that to happen, they're going to have to come to terms with how powerful movements of the past have grown. And that means an organizational set up which is predicated on long-terms plans and goals. If they get impatient and angry when desires are not immediately realized, then they won't make it.
ossobucotemp

Sat 23 Jul, 2016 08:47 pm
@ehBeth,
me too, but I don't read Michael Moore, at least the tome that EdgarB posted.
0 Replies

Blickers

Sat 23 Jul, 2016 09:39 pm
@blatham,
The thing about the Occupy movement to me was that while their heart seemed approximately in the right place, nobody could say why specifically they were doing this.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Sun 24 Jul, 2016 05:52 am
@Lash,
The problem is Assange is an accused rapist who refuses to allow the issue to be cleared in a court.
bobsal u1553115

Sun 24 Jul, 2016 06:08 am
Is Donald Trump a Racist?

https://cdn1.nyt.com/images/2016/07/24/opinion/sunday/24kristof/24kristof-articleLarge.jpg

HAS the party of Lincoln just nominated a racist to be president? We shouldn’t toss around such accusations lightly, so I’ve looked back over more than 40 years of Donald Trump’s career to see what the record says.

One early red flag arose in 1973, when President Richard Nixon’s Justice Department — not exactly the radicals of the day — sued Trump and his father, Fred Trump, for systematically discriminating against blacks in housing rentals.

I’ve waded through 1,021 pages of documents from that legal battle, and they are devastating. Donald Trump was then president of the family real estate firm, and the government amassed overwhelming evidence that the company had a policy of discriminating against blacks, including those serving in the military.

To prove the discrimination, blacks were repeatedly dispatched as testers to Trump apartment buildings to inquire about vacancies, and white testers were sent soon after. Repeatedly, the black person was told that nothing was available, while the white tester was shown apartments for immediate rental.

A former building superintendent working for the Trumps explained that he was told to code any application by a black person with the letter C, for colored, apparently so the office would know to reject it. A Trump rental agent said the Trumps wanted to rent only to “Jews and executives,” and discouraged renting to blacks.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/07/24/opinion/sunday/is-donald-trump-a-racist.html?_r=0&referer=
0 Replies

giujohn

Sun 24 Jul, 2016 06:13 am
@parados,
You wanted to make the point that lowering taxes doesn't spur economic growth but raising them does... barring all common sense. I'm sure you can find a liberal bent that claims Bill Clinton was responsible for single-handedly balancing the budget it had nothing to do with the Republicans that came before him just like George Bush was responsible for the economic decline not taking into account that it was caused by the policies Bill Clinton had already instituted and we can go back and forth forever and I'm not going to convince you so why would I want to bother to give you an economic history lesson and Supply you with any evidence or any facts ... you're just like Bob you won't look at things objectively because you have a biased rabbid fanatical liberal bent.
This is evidenced by the fact that you stated that I have denied the fact that fatal police shootings have gone down in the past decade... See if you can find where I said that and repost it for me... good luck
Lash

Sun 24 Jul, 2016 06:16 am
@bobsal u1553115,
Who's not an accused rapist? The husband of the democrat's presidential nominee and the republican nominee: both accused rapists. I don't see it affecting them.

Assange uncovered irrefutable evidence.
bobsal u1553115

Sun 24 Jul, 2016 06:17 am
@parados,
He doesn't get it: the times with highest taxes were Eisenhower's- 90%+ effective taxes. Saint Ronald Reagan raised taxes six out of eight years! AND left office with the largest number of Federal Employees ever!
giujohn

Sun 24 Jul, 2016 06:20 am
@Lash,
It's called tar and feather the message by finding something negative about the messenger... Even if it's not true.
giujohn

Sun 24 Jul, 2016 06:24 am
@bobsal u1553115,
Hey I know why don't you and parados tell me how you feel about raising or lowering taxes on the public... Why don't you tell us your stance are you for raising them or are you for lowering them? And if you're for raising them State your reasons why.(this should be rich)
bobsal u1553115

Sun 24 Jul, 2016 06:28 am
@giujohn,
Quote:
It's called tar and feather the message by finding something negative about the messenger... Even if it's not true.

1. You support Assange and wikileaks now?????
2. Assange was accused and reported to the police.
3. He fled to avoid arrest.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah!

I don't think he did it, forced two sex-workers to have have unprotected sex. But I also think he needed to clear this up in a court. Have you turned against law and order since last night or is this defense of Assange just another one of your little hypocrisies?
0 Replies