revelette2

Wed 29 Jun, 2016 07:07 am
The negative issue for Hillary concerning Trump is that he is so bad anytime he doesn't go off the deep end with racial slurs or other provoking comments, the media acts as though everything he said before is just erased and he has turned over a new leaf.

CNN Panel Praises Trump For "Maturation" And Acting "More Grown Up" After He Doesn't Call Sen. Warren 'Pocahontas'

But then again, CNN hired Corey Lewandowski.
revelette2

Wed 29 Jun, 2016 07:11 am
ISIL Terrorism Strikes at Turkish Economy; & Someone tell Trump the Victims are Muslim
tsarstepan

Wed 29 Jun, 2016 09:43 am
@revelette2,

That's usually the tragic and (to me) REALLY REALLY confusing case.
0 Replies

Blickers

Wed 29 Jun, 2016 10:34 am
@revelette2,
Quote revellette:
Quote:
The negative issue for Hillary concerning Trump is that he is so bad anytime he doesn't go off the deep end with racial slurs or other provoking comments, the media acts as though everything he said before is just erased and he has turned over a new leaf.

That's true. The Right keeps up criticism of the major news outlets so much and the news outlets have become so sensitive to the criticism that they can't flat out say when a guy has gone completely off the rails. Trump's been off the rails so much, he's redefined off the rails as the new normal and so the media talks about these amazing statements he makes as just normal politics.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Wed 29 Jun, 2016 11:40 am
@roger,
Quote:
Works for most politicians; why not a commentator?

I agree: 50% = 50% no matter what the issue is.
0 Replies

blatham

Wed 29 Jun, 2016 04:56 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
According to fact check, george will is 50% half true to true. Is that good or bad?

Anyone who is correct at the same ratio as a monkey lifting either his right arm or his left arm to sniff underneath presents a social or intellectual value of exactly zero.

OK, I see I misread the above. Where in the name of heaven did you get that stat?
cicerone imposter

Wed 29 Jun, 2016 05:09 pm
@blatham,
Here: http://www.politifact.com/personalities/george-will/
0 Replies

ossobuco

Wed 29 Jun, 2016 05:15 pm
@blatham,
I read George Will sometimes, I think back in the late seventies, when I still subscribed to Washington Post from Los Angeles (I told you I'm a fanatic, she kids). I didn't hate him, but I didn't agree with him on much. I've no present take as I don't read him.

I've read, off and on, newspapers and magazines, since I was nine or ten, long ago. If only I'd had a more photographic brain.
0 Replies

engineer

Wed 29 Jun, 2016 05:24 pm
Just to clarify, I'm not a fan of Will, I just liked his comeback.
snood

Wed 29 Jun, 2016 05:30 pm
@engineer,
I saw and really liked that comeback, too.
Blickers

Wed 29 Jun, 2016 07:14 pm
@snood,
Larry Speakes, Reagan's press secretary after Jim Brady was shot, wrote a book after he left his position. He made it clear that George Will wasn't his favorite guy. Reading an excerpt, Speakes recalled when he called up Will and invited him to a party being thrown at the White House. Will asked back, "Will the press be there?" as if George Will was considering not going if the press was. Clearly, Will, who is a reporter and journalist, considered himself so above the rest of the press that he didn't want to go to any parties that they would be attending. Even at the White House. Speakes could barely hold off asking what the hell Will thought HE was, if not the press.
snood

Wed 29 Jun, 2016 07:29 pm
@Blickers,
...and I've never much cared for George Will, either.
0 Replies

snood

Wed 29 Jun, 2016 07:46 pm
I just saw something I don't think would be replicated during a Trump presidency. At the conclusion of a joint presentation including the leaders of Mexico, Canada and the US that was held in front of the Canadian Parliament. President Obama spoke last, and at the conclusion of his remarks the Canadian Parliament stood, applauded and cheered, and chanted "four more years! four more years!"

Obama seemed genuinely touched and surprised.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Wed 29 Jun, 2016 07:57 pm
http://i1173.photobucket.com/albums/r589/duadmin/160629-trumps-campaign-strategy-off-to-a-flying-fail_zps7wwlrd1p.jpg
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Wed 29 Jun, 2016 07:58 pm
@snood,
We'll see.
snood

Wed 29 Jun, 2016 08:06 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
We'll see what?
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Wed 29 Jun, 2016 08:48 pm
What Donald Trump’s New Communications Director Really Thinks Of Donald Trump, In 11 Deleted Tweets
It’s unclear if the Trump campaign knew about these tweets before hiring Miller. The Trump campaign did not immediately return a request for comment.
http://cdn.thinkprogress.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/27213602/miller23.jpg
http://cdn.thinkprogress.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/27213621/miller9.jpg
http://cdn.thinkprogress.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/27213544/miller15.jpg
http://cdn.thinkprogress.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/27213826/miller11.jpg
http://cdn.thinkprogress.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/27214003/miller4.jpg
http://cdn.thinkprogress.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/27214011/miller8.jpg

THE REST:
http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2016/06/27/3793360/11-anti-trump-tweets-trumps-new-communications-director-tried-delete-anyone-noticed/
cicerone imposter

Wed 29 Jun, 2016 09:07 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Can you shrink your posts? It gets cut off on the right side.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Wed 29 Jun, 2016 09:11 pm

Trump Slammed With FEC Complaint for 'Knowingly and Illegally' Soliciting Foreign Donations

All indications are that Trump really does not know how this whole running for president thing works.
By Elizabeth Preza / AlterNet
June 29, 2016

Donald Trump has been showered with accusations of financial impropriety, from fraud suits levied against his now-defunct Trump University, to charges that the presidential candidate drastically inflates his charitable donations. To add fuel to the monetary fire, Trump is now facing repercussions for poor fundraising acumen; on Wednesday, the Federal Elections Committee filed a complaint against Donald J. Trump for President for “soliciting contributions from foreign nationals” in a series of emails the campaign sent to “foreign nationals in Iceland, Scotland, Britain and Australia.”

Following reports earlier this month that Trump’s fundraising numbers are severely lagging, the presumptive Republican nominee sent emails to members of the British parliament, Talking Points Memo reports.
ADVERTISING

Sir Roger Gale, British Member of Parliament (MP) complained about the correspondence to the Speaker of the House Commons, Politics Home notes. "Members of Parliament are being bombarded by electronic communications from Team Trump on behalf of somebody called Donald Trump,” Gale said Tuesday. ”Mr Speaker, I’m all in favour of free speech but I don’t see why colleagues on either side of the House should be subjected to intemperate spam."

Scottish MP Natalie McGaraff also complained of the solicitations, posting an email from the Trump campaign to Twitter. In it, Trump asked McGaraff to “stand together and fight against [presumptive Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton’s] fraud and lies.” Scottish MP Stuart McDonald also reported receiving emails.

Scottish National Party Christopher Mullins-Silverstein told Fusion Scottish MPs have “been getting these emails for the past week.”

“Ever since he came to Scotland,” Mullins-Silverstein added.

Icelandic and Australian parliament members also reported receiving emails from Trump. In his email to Australian MPs, Trump even touted the UK’s historic vote to leave the European Union, writing in the subject line of his donation, “They took their country back.”

The FEC canned political contributions by foreign nationals in 1966 to “minimize foreign intervention in U.S. elections by establishing a series of limitations on foreign nationals.”According to the FEC, it is unlawful “to help foreign nationals violate that ban or to solicit, receive or accept contributions or donations from them. Persons who knowingly and willfully engage in these activities may be subject to fines and/or imprisonment.”

Now, it looks like the commission is taking issue with Trump’s latest fundraising efforts. “Donald J. Trump for President has knowingly and illegally solicited contributions from foreign nationals,” the complaint reads, noting that “a reasonable person would have inquired whether these individuals were foreign nationals, or concluded that there is a substantial probability that these were foreign nationals,” given their email addresses.”

Of course, the FEC report is predicated on the notion that Trump is “a reasonable person;” still, the complaint indicates the commission will “conduct an immediate investigation” into these foreign solicitations and “determine and impose appropriate sanctions for any and all violations.”

Elizabeth Preza is an AlterNet staff writer focusing on politics, media and cultural criticism. Follow her on Twitter @lizacisms.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Thu 30 Jun, 2016 05:57 am
Trump Wants Consequences for GOP Rivals
Source: MSN/NBC News

BANGOR, Maine — No peace til Cleveland? Just when some thought the infighting was over, Donald Trump once again is taking on former Republican rivals and traditionally conservative allies.

The GOP presumptive nominee, less than three weeks from the party's convention, told a crowd on Wednesday that he isn't happy that some of his former rivals aren't endorsing him — and the way he sees it, there should be consequences.

Without naming specific politicians, Trump called those 2016 candidates who have yet to endorse him in accordance with the RNC pledge "sore losers" who "should never be allowed to run for public office again." Among those names yet to officially and explicitly endorse Trump are Ohio Gov. John Kasich, Texas Sen. Ted Cruz, and Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker. Names that could, come next election cycle, be back in play once again.

For his part, Trump says he "would have honored the pledge" if the roles were reversed. "I wouldn't have gone crazy, I wouldn't have had 'Let's yell it from the loudest building,' but you know what, I would have honored the pledge."

Read more: http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-wants-consequences-for-gop-rivals/ar-AAhMWp6?ocid=iehp